Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only allowed 17 points...

If you think about it.

I think they looked worse than they actually performed

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They looked pretty bad, but held when they needed it. Also against us was the first time bengals have even scored a TD this season so in my opinion the D still needs a lot of growing to do, which I think it will once everyone comes back healthy and the offense starts making opposing teams one dimensional.

On a side note, I would really love Jamaal Williams to get more totes. Monty is getting tons of volume on rushes and catches, wouldn't mind Williams taking some of the between the tackles work.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They looked pretty bad, but held when they needed it. Also against us was the first time bengals have even scored a TD this season so in my opinion the D still needs a lot of growing to do, which I think it will once everyone comes back healthy and the offense starts making opposing teams one dimensional.

On a side note, I would really love Jamaal Williams to get more totes. Monty is getting tons of volume on rushes and catches, wouldn't mind Williams taking some of the between the tackles work.

Or the fact that the Bengals O really isn't as bad as they were in the first 2 weeks...???

Many people before the season would say Dalton, Green, and Joe Mixon would be a pretty good O...?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well ... that streak was going to be broken at some point so ... yeah.

I think what was bad was the Bengals were moving it downfield and controlling the clock most of the game and our D seemed to be playing bend but don't break. This I think is what can get upsetting. To me, bend but don't break can work pretty good if your offense is on a rampage and hitting big strikes all game long because at that point, opponents will lose patience working the ball downfield trying to play catchup and will usually turn it over. If your offense is looking anemic though, it can be frustrating because they tend to get kept on the sideline and then have to go up against a fresh D. Thank god we finally hit that big strike when it mattered though.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or the fact that the Bengals O really isn't as bad as they were in the first 2 weeks...???

Many people before the season would say Dalton, Green, and Joe Mixon would be a pretty good O...?

Or it could be a mix of both, which is most likely. Obviously they're not as bad as not scoring a single TD through the first two games, but still their offense isn't exactly a scorcher. Our defense needs takeaways more than anything, I think that would help a lot.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
The most important thing our D did was make a stop when we needed it in the end.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Something I haven't seen in a really long time - the defense actually coming up with the stops needed down the stretch to allow the offense to complete the come from behind victory. That was very encouraging to see.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something I haven't seen in a really long time - the defense actually coming up with the stops needed down the stretch to allow the offense to complete the come from behind victory. That was very encouraging to see.

Yea haven't really seen it since like 2014 lol

I mean I hate TCU and all but Dalton isn't a bad quarterback and you can say the D "held" him to 217 yards and 2 touchdowns and 17 points...

I can live with that

Our real problem is the Offensive Line, even on that pick six it was a rushed throw I feel

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

I mean I hate TCU and all but Dalton isn't a bad quarterback and you can say the D "held" him to 217 yards and 2 touchdowns and 17 points...

I can live with that

Our real problem is the Offensive Line, even on that pick six it was a rushed throw I feel
The most recent one I remember is the 2015 Lions game at Ford Field. Hail Mary game. Team rallied from 20 down early in the 3rd.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most recent one I remember is the 2015 Lions game at Ford Field. Hail Mary game. Team rallied from 20 down early in the 3rd.

I mean the D had a bad start giving up 14 quick points but it was fine the rest of the way... I can't say they necessarily "played poorly" for a whole game lol

Obviously they need more takeaways but that will come

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean... AJ Green is pretty damn good the last time I checked

Easily top 3 (Julio and Odell) wide receiver in the league IMO

So it's not like it was "that bad"

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense gave up 17 while missing their two best players, a couple other starters.

They did pretty dang good all things considered.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D gave up a whopping 3 points after struggling early.

How people can argue "struggled most of the day but made a few plays at the end" is beyond me

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can live with that

Just to play a bit of devils advocate, I did see dalton over shoot wide open guys two or 3 times of what woulda been big gainers and one for a TD. Once our Oline gets back healthy, namely bahk, Rodgers should have more time which will give us the opportunity to stay on the field on offense longer, put up more points and make the other team more one dimensional and then the defense could get after it more and maybe get some takeaways. Football is really one of those games where every unit is a nuanced cog that helps every other unit.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D gave up a whopping 3 points after struggling early.

How people can argue "struggled most of the day but made a few plays at the end" is beyond me
Apparently some people believe a good defense never gives up a 1st down

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to play a bit of devils advocate, I did see dalton over shoot wide open guys two or 3 times of what woulda been big gainers and one for a TD. Once our Oline gets back healthy, namely bahk, Rodgers should have more time which will give us the opportunity to stay on the field on offense longer, put up more points and make the other team more one dimensional and then the defense could get after it more and maybe get some takeaways. Football is really one of those games where every unit is a nuanced cog that helps every other unit.

Yeah Andy missed 2 throws from what I saw but honestly so did AR ... that happens

The D generated enough pressure without Daniels and Perry (by blitzing Jones) which was a nice adjustment

I mean the Bengals aren't that bad, last I checked AJ Green is a top 3 wide receiver in the league

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
They did a pretty solid job defending the run, and didn't allow big plays. I think the Bengals' longest pass play was 21 yards. But the shorter stuff was really wide open. Given the current situation at CB, I think that was a good game plan. Time will tell whether or not 17 to the Bengals at home is anything too exciting. We need to see more of this Lazor offense. If they go back to not being able to score a touchdown, then it will put this performance into perspective.

All of that said, it does bear mentioning that to do this without Daniels and Perry is meaningful.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did a pretty solid job defending the run, and didn't allow big plays. I think the Bengals' longest pass play was 21 yards. But the shorter stuff was really wide open. Given the current situation at CB, I think that was a good game plan. Time will tell whether or not 17 to the Bengals at home is anything too exciting. We need to see more of this Lazor offense. If they go back to not being able to score a touchdown, then it will put this performance into perspective.

All of that said, it does bear mentioning that to do this without Daniels and Perry is meaningful.
Not sure what in this post there is to disagree with ...?

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Who has a great stache is Lucas Patrick. You see him working with Bulaga on the sideline? It was something special.

That was one my favorite moment of the game, my girlfriend asked, why is he pushing on his own teammate? I said hes probably stretching and she said, that's some weird stretching.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That was one my favorite moment of the game, my girlfriend asked, why is he pushing on his own teammate? I said hes probably stretching and she said, that's some weird stretching.

So much face and such little stache.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Considering the defense was without Mike Daniels, Jake Ryan, Nick Perry, Davon House and Kentrell Brice I thought they did pretty damn well. Add Brice to the mix and the secondary becomes better. Add Davon House to the mix and we don't have to see demarious Randall as much. Add Mike Daniels to the mix and we know what happens there. Add Jake Ryan and Joe Mixon is a little more under control. Add Nick Perry and we get pressure. HUGE pieces to the puzzle were not there, but it was cool seeing guys like Martinez and Josh Jones step up.

Staff online

Latest posts