TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MoxRox said:
mi_keys said:
cowboysfootball said:
You say,

1. Rodgers been playing great-----easy opponents maybe?? lol
2. GB defense?-----who can cover T.O 1 on 1? if they dont 1 on 1 t.o. which i know they wont, then who can cover barber witten on on on get it? there a lack of talent on gb side. its like cowboys have 6 A+ guys on the field at any given time and GB has 2A+ and a bunch of C students and if u jumbled them all in a hat and pulled it randomly youre bound to get a A+ cowboy vs a C packer everytime and thats not lookin good for green and yellow

1. Philly's easy opponent maybe?? lol, they gave you guys a pretty hard time if I recall
2. A+ players on Green Bay's defense...
Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, A.J. Hawk, Kampman, and Ryan Pickett... and the rest aren't "C" students. It's going to be a tougher matchup than you think.
3. Who do you have that's going to stop Greg Jennings? Who? While we're at it, who is going to stop DD, James Jones, Donald Lee, or Ryan Grant? We have weapons to spread the field too.

For the record, we outscored you by seven once Rodgers came in the game last year and we didn't even have Charles Woodson or KGB. So my biggest question to you is how much therapy are you going to need if the Packers win. I mean I can't see it being any less traumatic for you than for the 17th century Europeans when they were told the sun, and not the earth, was the center of the universe.

Keep in mind that Dallas planned for Favre last year, not Rodgers. They'll be planning for him this time.

The Packers O line is mismatched against our D line, period. Ware and Ellis and Ratliff will wear them down. By the third quarter, Rodgers is going to be scrambling for his life just like Mcnabb...only Rodgers doesn't have the strength to break those tackles.

Oh, and Newman and Henry can hang with Jennings and Driver, no question.

Quit with that ****ing excuse already it's getting tired. First I hear "We kicked your *** last year" then "We didn't plan for Rodgers" come up with another story please.

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TexasPackerFan said:
Quit with that ****ing excuse already it's getting tired. First I hear "We kicked your *** last year" then "We didn't plan for Rodgers" come up with another story please.

What are you talking about? Do you have any clue what you're talking about? It doesn't appear so. Are you one of those football morons that thinks teams don't watch film of their upcoming opponents, and game plan against the starters? Do you think they instead look at preseason games to plan against the backups?

My god you're a moron.

No more personal attacks. -wischeez

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I think we have determined it's a big game. Let's step back from the mud slinging or take it to the smack section. Seriously dudes.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Okay, I think we have determined it's a big game. Let's step back from the mud slinging or take it to the smack section. Seriously dudes.

Name calling and personal attacks will end here also.

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know...

I'm debating about predicting a loss here... While I strongly and honestly believe that Dallas is the better team, I also know they're not going 16-0... Dallas will probably lose 3 or 4 games during the season... I dont think any of their losses will come against the Ravens or the Cardinals of the world, they'll only be defeated by other good teams... Which means the only teams on our schedule that I think can beat us, is any NFCE team, the Packers and the Steelers... The more I think about it that way, the more I think we find a way to lose this one....

In order for the Packers to win, I think Dallas would have to make some big mistakes... It would take a bad game from Romo, which will happen sooner or later... No disrespect intended, the Packers are a good team... But I just cant see the Packers winning this game, without winning the Turnover battle... Even if there are no Turnovers for either side, I dont think that's enough...On the flip side, I do think Dallas capable of losing the Turnover battle, and still winning the game...

Both teams have explosive offenses, and it will be the offenses that will rule the day... And when looking over both offenses, the Cowboys probably have the slightest advantage at mostly every position, except one, Tight-End... All other offensive weapons being close to equal, but the Packers have no equal (as if there was one) for Jason Witten... This is what really separates the Dallas offense from other offenses in the NFL... How many teams out there can boast a Top-3 WR, and a Top-3 TE? Just one...

Both teams have a good pass-rush, but I think Dallas' offensive-line is a little more capable of dealing with it...

If Tony has a bad game, we lose... If Tony plays well, we win....

31-23 _ Dallas

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboyuptx said:
I dont know...

I'm debating about predicting a loss here... While I strongly and honestly believe that Dallas is the better team, I also know they're not going 16-0... Dallas will probably lose 3 or 4 games during the season... I dont think any of their losses will come against the Ravens or the Cardinals of the world, they'll only be defeated by other good teams... Which means the only teams on our schedule that I think can beat us, is any NFCE team, the Packers and the Steelers... The more I think about it that way, the more I think we find a way to lose this one....

In order for the Packers to win, I think Dallas would have to make some big mistakes... It would take a bad game from Romo, which will happen sooner or later... No disrespect intended, the Packers are a good team... But I just cant see the Packers winning this game, without winning the Turnover battle... Even if there are no Turnovers for either side, I dont think that's enough...On the flip side, I do think Dallas capable of losing the Turnover battle, and still winning the game...

Both teams have explosive offenses, and it will be the offenses that will rule the day... And when looking over both offenses, the Cowboys probably have the slightest advantage at mostly every position, except one, Tight-End... All other offensive weapons being close to equal, but the Packers have no equal (as if there was one) for Jason Witten... This is what really separates the Dallas offense from other offenses in the NFL... How many teams out there can boast a Top-3 WR, and a Top-3 TE? Just one...

Both teams have a good pass-rush, but I think Dallas' offensive-line is a little more capable of dealing with it...

If Tony has a bad game, we lose... If Tony plays well, we win....

31-23 _ Dallas

cowboyuptx,

I agree the winner of this game will be the team that has the least amount of turnovers. The other key is which team has the "big plays" or as we called it in the old days a "breakaway" which was a play of 20+ yards. A couple of breakaways can change the momentum of the game.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MoxRox said:
mi_keys said:
cowboysfootball said:
You say,

1. Rodgers been playing great-----easy opponents maybe?? lol
2. GB defense?-----who can cover T.O 1 on 1? if they dont 1 on 1 t.o. which i know they wont, then who can cover barber witten on on on get it? there a lack of talent on gb side. its like cowboys have 6 A+ guys on the field at any given time and GB has 2A+ and a bunch of C students and if u jumbled them all in a hat and pulled it randomly youre bound to get a A+ cowboy vs a C packer everytime and thats not lookin good for green and yellow

1. Philly's easy opponent maybe?? lol, they gave you guys a pretty hard time if I recall
2. A+ players on Green Bay's defense...
Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, A.J. Hawk, Kampman, and Ryan Pickett... and the rest aren't "C" students. It's going to be a tougher matchup than you think.
3. Who do you have that's going to stop Greg Jennings? Who? While we're at it, who is going to stop DD, James Jones, Donald Lee, or Ryan Grant? We have weapons to spread the field too.

For the record, we outscored you by seven once Rodgers came in the game last year and we didn't even have Charles Woodson or KGB. So my biggest question to you is how much therapy are you going to need if the Packers win. I mean I can't see it being any less traumatic for you than for the 17th century Europeans when they were told the sun, and not the earth, was the center of the universe.

Keep in mind that Dallas planned for Favre last year, not Rodgers. They'll be planning for him this time.

The Packers O line is mismatched against our D line, period. Ware and Ellis and Ratliff will wear them down. By the third quarter, Rodgers is going to be scrambling for his life just like Mcnabb...only Rodgers doesn't have the strength to break those tackles.

Oh, and Newman and Henry can hang with Jennings and Driver, no question.

It is an excuse... I don't care who you prepare for you're supposed to be one of the premiere NFL teams. Make an adjustment. The difference between the two aren't so astronomical that you can't ask that of a defense, I mean it's not like we went from Brett Favre to a Michael Vick type.

Our O-line gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL last year, so they're not a bunch of amateurs. They'll block better in the passing game than you think.

And no question of Newman and Henry staying with Driver and Jennings? I think people should be asking a lot of questions after last week. If they play half that bad Driver and Jennings will eat them up.

Now as for cowboyuptx assessment, I think it's pretty fair. I think Dallas on paper is a little better, but not to the point that the Pack can't upset them. I think if either team wins the turnover battle it'll be extremely difficult for the other to overcome it. Green Bay probably will have to win the turnover battle to win. On offense I largely agree with your assessment. I'd give you guys the advantage at o-line, running back, tight end (I think only Antonio Gates is a better tight end and right now he's banged up), and qb (though largely due to the inexperience of Rodgers, I think he has all the tools to be as good as Romo or better... but we'll see). At wideout I think T.O. is the best receiver in this game but our depth at wide receiver is completely unmatched in the NFL. Greg Jennings is light years ahead of Crayton, and I'd take Jones over any other 3rd wide receiver in the NFL, and Martin over any 4th in the NFL. All in all I feel this will be an even game, an offensive game, but not the shoot out Dallas had last week. It should be fun to watch.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya never know what will happen in these games. You can't pencil in wins when you play teams with worse records than you. If memory serves back in 1996, the year the Pack won the Super Bowl in New Orleans, our only loss that year was to the 1-15 Colts!! :eek:

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:
Ya never know what will happen in these games. You can't pencil in wins when you play teams with worse records than you. If memory serves back in 1996, the year the Pack won the Super Bowl in New Orleans, our only loss that year was to the 1-15 Colts!! :eek:

We lost to the Colts in '97, the year we lost the SB... we also lost to Philly on opening day when Longwell missed a kick, and lost one other game that year.

boyswillwin

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Green Bay Packers have won more championships -- 12 -- than any other team in National Football League history.

They won their first three by league standing (1929, 1930 and 1931), and nine since the NFL's playoff system was established in 1933 (1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1996).

Green Bay also is the only NFL team to win three straight titles, having done it twice (1929-30-31 and 1965-66-67).

In addition, the Packers won the first two Super Bowls (over Kansas City in 1966, 35-10, and over Oakland in 1967, 33-14), as well as a more recent one (over New England in 1996, 35-21).

Since the league implemented a playoff system in 1933, the Packers have played in the NFL's deciding game 12 times (10 NFL title appearances from 1936-67, two Super Bowls after the 1970 merger). Only the Giants (18) have played for more titles.

Most World Championships:
Green Bay Packers, 12
Chicago Bears, 9
New York Giants, 7
Dallas Cowboys, 5
Pittsburgh Steelers, 5
San Francisco 49ers, 5
Washington Redskins, 5
Cleveland Browns, 4
Detroit Lions, 4
Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts, 4

[/quote]
Nobody gives a crap about 1930, 31, etc.... There were only like 8 teams in the NFL back then, and all of them won at least one "World Championship" and most won numerous times....

The Washington fans try and use the same crap... They like to think that their 5 "Championships" are equal to our 5 SUPER BOWLS, but we all know they're not (you included)......

Most Super Bowls - Dallas Cowboys - 5

Most Super Bowl Appearances - Dallas Cowboys - 8

Most Playoff Wins - Dallas Cowboys - 32

Highest Franchise Winning Percentage (playoffs included) - Dallas Cowboys - .577

Winning Record Against 25 of the 31 other teams - Dallas Cowboys
[/quote]

No cowboyuptx,
That line of yours is a " cop out" simply because you are in denial. The NFL started long before the expansion cowpokes came in in the early 60's. It is NFL fact and NFL history. The NFL did not start in 67'. Get over it. Stand up and be a man.

It really cracks me up that so many cowboy fans came to the Packers site and talked $hit. Most of you guys don't have any class and it shows in many posts. You talk $hit and fail to accept that your team has NOT WON a playoff game since Aikman was at the controls.

I can tell you this, had Dallas been around in the early years of the NFL and won Championships YOU would be bringing up that information but, it is NOT Dallas that made NFL history...it is the Green Bay Packers.

Win 12 Championships, then talk.
[/quote]

Califpacker come on, every single team, cowboys included, can say "Oh since this date our team has this many "championships"" or " we have won xx number of divisions or "championships" or games or whatever", but most everyone who's a fan of the game (excluding the fans of that specific team) respect a certain record of historical fact to fairly judge who the best team has been over the years. And sure both of you have brought up a valid point about the 29,30,31 seasons, but the fact stands that out of all the so called "championship" games only one will be recognized as a truly proving and deserving of respect, and that is the superbowl. Honestly which do you hear more, and please feel free to lie or simply not reply on this for the most part rhetorical question, which do you hear more about, superbowl wins OR....."championship games" which were won in the early 30's? No one asks who won the most "championship games", they ask who won the most superbowls. In the early times of the NFL (which was created in 1920) the "championship title" was awarded the the team with the best win loss record, which wasn't always a good thing because some teams played more or less games than others. Also it wasn't until 33' or 34' that the teams were stopped from being allowed to schedule games against other teams not even in the NFL. Not saying the packers aren't impressive because i actually like them but the whole championship thing is crap.

guavaball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: cowgirls suck ,,, game predictions

mike bat said:
cowboysfootball said:
psshh
Boys 28
FudgePack 7

you guys have a overrated undertested QB and dont have the firepower to go blow for blow with us

ok i geuss you can call us the fudge pack ,,, since we will be fudge packing you cowgirls this sunday ... LOL

lol

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Good game though guys. The defenses decided it

herbsdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers looked afraid to attempt much down field, sitting in the pocket way to long, then SACK!
At least Favre would have chucked it & made it interesting, even though that chuck might be an INT.
Too little too late and too much up the middle for nuttin. That's the coaching staff.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
herbsdog said:
Rodgers looked afraid to attempt much down field, sitting in the pocket way to long, then SACK!
At least Favre would have chucked it & made it interesting, even though that chuck might be an INT.
Too little too late and too much up the middle for nuttin. That's the coaching staff.

Sorry but Rodgers never had enough time AT ALL to throw any deep balls (The one he did was on a roll out to create a bit more time for himself.. His only shot was short slant,short curl or nothing. I personally would have tried some screens to keep their pressure honest.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:

mi_keys said:
We lost to the Colts in '97, the year we lost the SB... we also lost to Philly on opening day when Longwell missed a kick, and lost one other game that year.

DET also beat GB that year at the Silverdome, 26-15. The loss to Philly was Week 2. Week one saw GB squeak by CHI on MNF. That was the game that saw Robert Brooks catch a spectacular throw from the NAME, point to his knee & indicate "nope, nothing wrong there."

In '96 GB lost to MIN 30-21, KC 27-20 & DAL 21-6.

In '97 there was lots of talk from the media & a few in Green & Gold about an undefeated season. It stung so badly to lose that game in PHI. I have that game on tape & it was a poor effort for both teams but the NAME drove GB downfield in the final seconds of the 4th quarter only to have the rookie kicker miss the game-winner. Final score 10-9. Ouch. :(

Members online

Latest posts