Cowboys-Packers ,,, game predictions

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
will the Cowboys make NFL history by beating the Packers for the first time ever in Lambeau?..

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Packers 37
Cowpies 27

Rodgers throws his first INT... off the hands of Ruvell Martin.
Rodgers has 2 TDs in the air, one on the ground. He also rushes for 30+

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL_GEEK said:
will the Cowboys make NFL history by beating the Packers for the first time ever in Lambeau?..

I dont see why not.... Favre was able to go 0-9 in Texas Stadium....

The Packers have lost 10 of their last 12 to the Cowboys...

Dallas is 3 and 3 in their last 6 road games versus the Packers....

Never won at Lambeau huh, that's only because the Pack is scared to play us there....

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboyuptx said:
NFL_GEEK said:

I dont see why not.... Favre was able to go 0-9 in Texas Stadium....

The Packers have lost 10 of their last 12 to the Cowboys...

Dallas is 3 and 3 in their last 6 road games versus the Packers....

Never won at Lambeau huh, that's only because the Pack is scared to play us there....

The boys are 0 and 5 at Lambeau. Goose egg. Can't make it any plainer than that.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboyuptx said:
CalifPacker said:
Hah Hah Ha. You are a "ding ****". NFL Championships, bozo. Not just the Super Bowl.

Please go back to your own site because you are a real embarrasment to real cowboy fans.

Once again and for the last time. GET OVER IT. The NFL did not start in 1967.

We'll just have to agree, to disagree... If your team hasn't won 5 Super Bowls, then I dont think you could understand....

You can now continue clinging to your ancient victories over legendary teams like the Pottsville Maroons, the Frankford Yellow Jackets, the Decatur Staleys, the Providence Steam Roller, and the unforgettable Portsmith Spartans...

For the record, the Decatur Staleys are now the Chicago Bears and the Portsmouth Spartans are now the Detroit Lions.

...and to all you boys fans, if it was so easy to win Championships prior to the Super Bowl, why was it you couldn't muster one measly, insignificant NFL title from 1960 to 1965. You have five championships since you were founded. We have six in that time period. We've also won five championships in a seven year period (all while you existed might I add). That's something you will never do.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could ask the same thing to you. Who cares? I found a 1961 GB Packers World Championship Pendent... do you guys have one of those? No. Jewelry doesn't make you a champion, winning a league makes you a champion and the bottom line is we have more, over twice as many more. And we have more since you've been in the league than you do (which to answer your question means you should care, those are years you couldn't stop us). But keep spewing the same contrived reasoning over and over again. It's very convincing.

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While we're talking history...

From 1968 - 1992 (24 years), the Packers made the playoffs only TWICE, and won only ONE playoff game... That win came in 1982, they lost their next playoff game that year to the Dallas Cowboys 37-26.....

They finally made it back to the playoffs in 1993... They won 1 game, but then lost to the Dallas Cowboys 27-17...

With Favre entrenched at the helm, they made it back again in 1994... Again they won 1 game, but were blown-out in the next by the Dallas Cowboys 35-9...

In 1995 they made it all the way to the NFC Championship Game, where they were soundly beaten for the third year in a row by the Dallas Cowboys 38-27...

casvdry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it's a little stupid to compare a team that dominates a league which has a handful of teams as opposed to one which plays versus 30-30+?

Doesn't make much sense to me...

Am I the only one who thinks it's a little retarded to compare a teams success prior to another franchise even existing?

sandtrapjack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we get away from the history lesson and get back to the present?
I am only here for the week to talk football, and I was hoping to talk about the game in 2008 and not the ones played in the 1960's.

Cowboys12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
really! i wasnt even alive tilll 20 odd years later

Pot calling the kettle black here, you started the whole argument over history by bashing someone's signature line. Secondly, quit embarrassing the Cowboys fan base with your idiotic posts. If you want to talk football, talk football. Don't come to a rivals board expecting to get love.

That said...

Packers have looked very good so far. I said last week the Philly vs Cowboys game will be a huge stepping stone, and should have a somewhat good indication of who the class of the NFC was.. but Rodgers has just been playing great, so I think there's another variable to consider with them. Game predictions though, who knows. We kept hearing the whole the Eagles only played the Rams, and it was a close one.. granted Romo helped them out big time there for a while. I have confidence the Cowboys can score when they need to, but after the Eagles game and how Rodgers is playing.. I don't know how well our D will be able to stop you guys too. So in short, my prediction.. whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game.

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what are u even talkin about? i think u may have missed the entire point lol i guess u just like typing huge posts to sound smarter then everyone hahaha ur funny

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You say,

1. Rodgers been playing great-----easy opponents maybe?? lol
2. GB defense?-----who can cover T.O 1 on 1? if they dont 1 on 1 t.o. which i know they wont, then who can cover barber witten on on on get it? there a lack of talent on gb side. its like cowboys have 6 A+ guys on the field at any given time and GB has 2A+ and a bunch of C students and if u jumbled them all in a hat and pulled it randomly youre bound to get a A+ cowboy vs a C packer everytime and thats not lookin good for green and yellow

sandtrapjack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-Rod might want to get used to this particular view.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
mike bat

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not sure id say dallas has great D ... dallas let Philly put mad points on the board ... so i geuss if your 6 a+ guys on field allow 37 points ,, i wonder how good that d is ... a great D wouldent allow 10 pts ...

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
those are great pics but u lost that game....so ur dumb and the philly game has been talked to death we won that game too and it wasnt about the defense but 2 great offenses. i bet GB wont score more than 21 points ANYONE CARE TO PUT MONEY ON IT? if you would like ill make another post and will bet ANYONE on this board. we can send funds to an impartial 3rd party...any takers??

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
You say,

2. GB defense?-----who can cover T.O 1 on 1? if they dont 1 on 1 t.o. which i know they wont, then who can cover barber witten on on on get it? there a lack of talent on gb side. its like cowboys have 6 A+ guys on the field at any given time and GB has 2A+ and a bunch of C students and if u jumbled them all in a hat and pulled it randomly youre bound to get a A+ cowboy vs a C packer everytime and thats not lookin good for green and yellow

1. Philly's easy opponent maybe?? lol, they gave you guys a pretty hard time if I recall
2. A+ players on Green Bay's defense...
Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, A.J. Hawk, Kampman, and Ryan Pickett... and the rest aren't "C" students. It's going to be a tougher matchup than you think.
3. Who do you have that's going to stop Greg Jennings? Who? While we're at it, who is going to stop DD, James Jones, Donald Lee, or Ryan Grant? We have weapons to spread the field too.

For the record, we outscored you by seven once Rodgers came in the game last year and we didn't even have Charles Woodson or KGB. So my biggest question to you is how much therapy are you going to need if the Packers win. I mean I can't see it being any less traumatic for you than for the 17th century Europeans when they were told the sun, and not the earth, was the center of the universe.

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:
cowboysfootball said:
You say,

1. Philly's easy opponent maybe?? lol, they gave you guys a pretty hard time if I recall
2. A+ players on Green Bay's defense...
Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, A.J. Hawk, Kampman, and Ryan Pickett... and the rest aren't "C" students. It's going to be a tougher matchup than you think.
3. Who do you have that's going to stop Greg Jennings? Who? While we're at it, who is going to stop DD, James Jones, Donald Lee, or Ryan Grant? We have weapons to spread the field too.

For the record, we outscored you by seven once Rodgers came in the game last year and we didn't even have Charles Woodson or KGB. So my biggest question to you is how much therapy are you going to need if the Packers win. I mean I can't see it being any less traumatic for you than for the 17th century Europeans when they were told the sun, and not the earth, was the center of the universe.

Keep in mind that Dallas planned for Favre last year, not Rodgers. They'll be planning for him this time.

The Packers O line is mismatched against our D line, period. Ware and Ellis and Ratliff will wear them down. By the third quarter, Rodgers is going to be scrambling for his life just like Mcnabb...only Rodgers doesn't have the strength to break those tackles.

Oh, and Newman and Henry can hang with Jennings and Driver, no question.

Members online

Latest posts