Could we see it again this year?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offense has never really been the trouble here, it has always been, and always will be the defense......and bloody injuries, especially the dreaded hamstring one. Has the team done ANYTHING to correct this problem ??[/quoteNo. The Packers are whistling in the dark when it comes to their injury nemesis. They have a systemic problem that has not been addresses.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not saying this is a cure all but to say they aren't doing anything to try and correct the injury problem (as much as one can) is simply not true. Attached is a link explaining the firm the Packers have signed up with to help with the rash of injuries that have crippled us the last few seasons. Again, I am not saying this is a perfect solution but they are at least open to suggestions. You can't tell me that MM and TT don't care about these injuries. These guys keep their jobs by winning and the best way to do that is with a full compliment of players. Take a read and decide for yourself...

http://lombardiave.com/2014/04/14/green-bay-packers-hire-firm-study-injuries/

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I am not saying this is a cure all but to say they aren't doing anything to try and correct the injury problem (as much as one can) is simply not true. Attached is a link explaining the firm the Packers have signed up with to help with the rash of injuries that have crippled us the last few seasons. Again, I am not saying this is a perfect solution but they are at least open to suggestions. You can't tell me that MM and TT don't care about these injuries. These guys keep their jobs by winning and the best way to do that is with a full compliment of players. Take a read and decide for yourself...

http://lombardiave.com/2014/04/14/green-bay-packers-hire-firm-study-injuries/

My comments did not say they have done nothing to alleviate the problem, but it was more than occassionally discussed on here last season.
Yes it could be said we were merely unlucky, but the amount, and nature of the injuries was mind numbing. I believe IMHO that unless we do something serious to deal with this problem, and in my mind the clock is loudly ticking, this season will end like the past few with us falling at the final hurdle.
I`m not trying to be negative, I`m being brutally honest.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My comments did not say they have done nothing to alleviate the problem, but it was more than occassionally discussed on here last season.
Yes it could be said we were merely unlucky, but the amount, and nature of the injuries was mind numbing. I believe IMHO that unless we do something serious to deal with this problem, and in my mind the clock is loudly ticking, this season will end like the past few with us falling at the final hurdle.
I`m not trying to be negative, I`m being brutally honest.

I respect that and I think it is more than valid. I may not have been on this forum last year but that doesn't mean I wasn't on my couch dropping verbal bombs as our guys seemed to drop like flies. Whatever the reason may be, you can't help but feel as if we are running out of shots with 12 and anything less than multiple SB rings would have to be considered a major disappointment. Here's hoping for a relatively healthy season and bringing the Lombardi back home!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would expect to not see as much of the 5 WRs. With a very effective run game, Lacy in the backfield forces teams to respect the run at all times. The additional pass-saturation you have with 5 WRs is not as much as the need for defenses to keep up near the LOS because of the threat of Lacy.

I think this will be one of the most dominating Packer offenses in history. We may not score as many points, but we may score a larger percentage of our possessions. I think this because with the option of a 'ball control offense' we will eat up the clock more when we are ahead, thus not scoring as much as we could.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would expect to not see as much of the 5 WRs. With a very effective run game, Lacy in the backfield forces teams to respect the run at all times. The additional pass-saturation you have with 5 WRs is not as much as the need for defenses to keep up near the LOS because of the threat of Lacy.

I think this will be one of the most dominating Packer offenses in history. We may not score as many points, but we may score a larger percentage of our possessions. I think this because with the option of a 'ball control offense' we will eat up the clock more when we are ahead, thus not scoring as much as we could.

I am soooo friggin pumped after reading this post AM. It is very well worded and the best thing of all is that it's no pipe dream. If Lacy does what we all expect him to do this offense if going to give D Coordinators nightmares! Talk about pick your poison. I am also very glad we kept Starks in the fold because with Lacy's asthma issue he can come in and spell EL and still pound the D with that powerful, relentless style. The role he is now in is perfect for him. With his laundry list of injuries it has been well established that his body won't allow him to tote the rock 20+ times very often. Now, he should always be fresh and knowing that his carries will be a touch limited I would imagine he values each carry just a little more and that's not good news for would-be tacklers. There are so many formations we can utilize and preparing for this unit will be one heckuva challenge. As always the season's story will be written by the defense. If they can improve and rank somewhere near the top 3rd (IMO) I like our chances as much as any other team out there. Seattle can't get here soon enough!!!!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If lacy has 15 TDs, we'll break the record for points in a season. Combining his rushing TDs with Aaron's passing TDs. He won't have 15. We have a better TE group this year, more redzone passing options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see Lacy getting more goal line touches and less Rodgers 1-3yd td passes

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am soooo friggin pumped after reading this post AM. It is very well worded and the best thing of all is that it's no pipe dream. If Lacy does what we all expect him to do this offense if going to give D Coordinators nightmares! Talk about pick your poison. I am also very glad we kept Starks in the fold because with Lacy's asthma issue he can come in and spell EL and still pound the D with that powerful, relentless style. The role he is now in is perfect for him. With his laundry list of injuries it has been well established that his body won't allow him to tote the rock 20+ times very often. Now, he should always be fresh and knowing that his carries will be a touch limited I would imagine he values each carry just a little more and that's not good news for would-be tacklers. There are so many formations we can utilize and preparing for this unit will be one heckuva challenge. As always the season's story will be written by the defense. If they can improve and rank somewhere near the top 3rd (IMO) I like our chances as much as any other team out there. Seattle can't get here soon enough!!!!

Yeah I am pumped too! Your gonna have Bulaga and Lang on the right side with Sitton Pulling and Lacy coming down the alley. The Seahawks are going to be sitting there with 260 pound Cliff Averil and Bruce "roller skates" Irvin behind him getting pushed all over the field. Big mouth Sherman sits on that side all game long too. I want to so the "so called best" play a little run support with "bam bam". Then about the time Mebane is gasping for air and Chancellor is cheating up Rodgers going to go right "over the top" on them.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You beat the sea hawks by running on them and being physical They don't face to many qbs of Rodgers caliber so play action may hurt them if we are getting yards running attacking the Edges. Forget running up the middle

D

Deleted member 6794

Don´t expect a lot of five WRs sets either, having Lacy on the field just gives the offense way more opportunities and has the defense guessing. Eating up the clock running the football isn´t in McCarthy´s DNA though.

I see Lacy getting more goal line touches and less Rodgers 1-3yd td passes

That would be a great idea. Don´t think it´s going to happen though. I´m still baffled about the three plays vs. the Niners from the 9-yard line with the game on the line and McCarthy running all of them without Lacy or Starks on the field even once.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I am pumped too! Your gonna have Bulaga and Lang on the right side with Sitton Pulling and Lacy coming down the alley. The Seahawks are going to be sitting there with 260 pound Cliff Averil and Bruce "roller skates" Irvin behind him getting pushed all over the field. Big mouth Sherman sits on that side all game long too. I want to so the "so called best" play a little run support with "bam bam". Then about the time Mebane is gasping for air and Chancellor is cheating up Rodgers going to go right "over the top" on them.

I think you´re making a fool out of yourself trying to make the Seahawks defense look bad over and over again.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´ll take the over on that one, don´t expect the Packers to score close to 30 though either.

I think 17-21 is very realistic. If we can force a couple of turnovers that number could climb to about 24-27. The Packers will have to play mistake free and score touchdowns . Field goals won't do it. I don't like lbs trying to match up with Percy Harvin either. Expect to see tons of zone from capers out of the nickle pkg.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As important as anything will be having Bulaga back. Don Barclkay is a fun guy to root for because he finishes blocks and is an underdog, but he's not in the same league as a healthy Bulaga. Also, we have to hope they're right about Tretter or we're going to have a lot of trouble with inside pass rushers against Chicago and Detroit. You can have five clones of Jerry Rice out there but if the QB is running for his life you're in trouble.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think 17-21 is very realistic. If we can force a couple of turnovers that number could climb to about 24-27. The Packers will have to play mistake free and score touchdowns . Field goals won't do it. I don't like lbs trying to match up with Percy Harvin either. Expect to see tons of zone from capers out of the nickle pkg.

I don´t think there´s any chance the Packers will ask a LB to cover Harvin.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If we get caught in man there would be no choice ...hence the reason I said expect to see tons of zone. Seahawks move Harvin all over the place. He's a true weapon for them.

D

Deleted member 6794

If we get caught in man there would be no choice ...hence the reason I said expect to see tons of zone. Seahawks move Harvin all over the place. He's a true weapon for them.

In man coverage a cornerback is assigned a single receiver which he has to cover. I´m quite sure Capers will have Shields cover Harvin for most of the time.

Different story in zone coverage where the Seahawks could move Harvin all over the field to create some favourable matchups for them.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. I would put Sam on him every chance I got. Percy is a special athlete injuries withstood. Sammy is just as gifted in my opinion and the only guy on that side that can run with him step for step on a consistent basis. Tramon on him gives me cold sweats. I do think Casey could be effective on him in a more confined area due to his top notch ball skills but it's the fly routes and such that worry me. Dude goes from zero to blur in a heartbeat and Sam's track speed is the best answer for that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In man coverage a cornerback is assigned a single receiver which he has to cover. I´m quite sure Capers will have Shields cover Harvin for most of the time.

Different story in zone coverage where the Seahawks could move Harvin all over the field to create some favourable matchups for them.

Rarely do you see Shields if at all in the slot that's the thing. I would like to see him in the slot because that's where I expect to see Harvin but that's where Hayward lines up so I can't see Shields being his shadow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts