Come here for Help, Questions and Answers on Green Bay

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am going to my first game on Dec. 3rd for the packers vs bucs game. i really want to tail gate before the game but have no idea what to do or expect. we are coming from cali and will be bringing our good spirit and our party attitude lol. the game starts at 12:00. what time do we show up for tailgating. how does it all work? does anyone have any advice? or an open invite?lol i dont want to be walking around all morning looking for people to tail gate with lol i want to try to make this the best experience for my GF and i so any help is greatly appreciated. we plan to take a taxi or uber from the hotel to the game so we dont have to worry about driving or traffic since we are not from the area. HELP PLEASE!

Armed Rodgery12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Returned a few weeks ago from my first trip to lambeau with the girlfriend now fiance thanks to lambeau feild tours. We showed up around 845-9am with a throwaway backpack full of beers and walked around the stadium lot and met all kinds of people. Mind you it was raining that day so it wasn't as busy as it normally would be but it was a great time. Just get a cab or shuttle depending on your hotel right to the stadium and walk around. Won't be disappointed. Any other questions just ask.

P.s book a stadium tour on the Saturday. Well worth it. And the HOF was incredible.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am going to my first game on Dec. 3rd for the packers vs bucs game. i really want to tail gate before the game but have no idea what to do or expect. we are coming from cali and will be bringing our good spirit and our party attitude lol. the game starts at 12:00. what time do we show up for tailgating. how does it all work? does anyone have any advice? or an open invite?lol i dont want to be walking around all morning looking for people to tail gate with lol i want to try to make this the best experience for my GF and i so any help is greatly appreciated. we plan to take a taxi or uber from the hotel to the game so we dont have to worry about driving or traffic since we are not from the area. HELP PLEASE!
Some get there about 4 hours early to start setting up, I'd say if you really want to tailgate I'd get there at least 3 hours in advance or you're going to find a nice spot, have a drink and have to start getting in line to get in the stadium before you realize it.

But like the guy above you said, and congrats on the engagement, bring some money and bring some beverage and just say hi to people that look like you want to party with. It's easy really. Start up a conversation, where you're from, first time there, blah, blah, blah and people will probably start throwing food and drinks at you faster than you can say yes. But it doesn't hurt to have offerings either, like beverages or some cash to chip in. People looking to have fun have a hard time not finding it on game day. It's all around the stadium. Find someone that looks like they have a great grill going and just tell them your story. hey man, we're from Cali, here for our first game, couldn't pack the grill but you're food looks awesome and we have come with cash, wanna trade?

If I had tickets I'd meet you there myself. We always set up across the street from the stadium about a block down at a house my friend owns. outside tailgate and a nice warm bathroom inside :) But just walk around the stadium and you'll find fun.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
and a nice warm bathroom inside
In case someone is wondering, certain bathrooms in the stadium are unlocked to the parking lot up to about an hour before the game. They are locked to the inside at that time so no avoiding the ticket lines via that rout.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Returned a few weeks ago from my first trip to lambeau with the girlfriend now fiance thanks to lambeau feild tours. We showed up around 845-9am with a throwaway backpack full of beers and walked around the stadium lot and met all kinds of people. Mind you it was raining that day so it wasn't as busy as it normally would be but it was a great time. Just get a cab or shuttle depending on your hotel right to the stadium and walk around. Won't be disappointed. Any other questions just ask.

P.s book a stadium tour on the Saturday. Well worth it. And the HOF was incredible.
Thank for all the info thats very helpful. I did by some tour passes for sat a couple days ago so I got that booked. I'm excited for the game and tailgating been wait for this all my life! Congrats on your engagement btw! We will be there a few days do you know of a couple things to do in town?

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some get there about 4 hours early to start setting up, I'd say if you really want to tailgate I'd get there at least 3 hours in advance or you're going to find a nice spot, have a drink and have to start getting in line to get in the stadium before you realize it.

But like the guy above you said, and congrats on the engagement, bring some money and bring some beverage and just say hi to people that look like you want to party with. It's easy really. Start up a conversation, where you're from, first time there, blah, blah, blah and people will probably start throwing food and drinks at you faster than you can say yes. But it doesn't hurt to have offerings either, like beverages or some cash to chip in. People looking to have fun have a hard time not finding it on game day. It's all around the stadium. Find someone that looks like they have a great grill going and just tell them your story. hey man, we're from Cali, here for our first game, couldn't pack the grill but you're food looks awesome and we have come with cash, wanna trade?

If I had tickets I'd meet you there myself. We always set up across the street from the stadium about a block down at a house my friend owns. outside tailgate and a nice warm bathroom inside :) But just walk around the stadium and you'll find fun.
Yes I will be bringing money I don't want to just free load thanks for the heads up. I have no doubt fellow packer fans will be kind. Do you have a good idea about what time we should start heading to our seats. I usually go to all kinds of baseball games and I always get there around the 2nd or 3rd inning but I want to get in and be seated before game time.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case someone is wondering, certain bathrooms in the stadium are unlocked to the parking lot up to about an hour before the game. They are locked to the inside at that time so no avoiding the ticket lines via that rout.
Thank you good to know.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a good idea about what time we should start heading to our seats.
I head in at least an hour before kickoff. Just as much to see inside on game day as there is any other time. Even after you've done the tour, the game day crowd and atmosphere is electric. How else you going to try all the foods available? Won't have time during the game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We will be there a few days do you know of a couple things to do in town?
How far from the stadium you staying? East side, west side, 'burbs, down the road, in the valley, along the lakeshore, northwoods, Door county? What days will you be in town?

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How far from the stadium you staying? East side, west side, 'burbs, down the road, in the valley, along the lakeshore, northwoods, Door county? What days will you be in town?
We will be staying east of the stadium on mason rd near the east river. On the corner of mason Rd and webster Ave. we will be in town from Thursday morning to Monday night.

Drew Joseph

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First timers from Nashville, TN coming into town Saturday for the game!

I really want to get to the heart of where to eat/drink. Looking for the iconic Green Bay stuff (beer, burgers, sausage, cheese!) What are the absolute can't miss bars/restaurants.

We like dark bars where they only have a couple drafts beers. Thanks for the help team!

Drew Joseph

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello All!

Group of 5 guys coming into town Saturday for our first Green Bay experience. We all live in Nashville, TN! We range in age from 26-36, and are looking for the iconic Green Bay restaurants/bars.

Really want to make sure we do it right and hit the local watering holes and eat the local fare. We prefer dark bars with a good jukebox, maybe a pool table, with cold beer. If we are doing a bar crawl on Saturday, which places are can't miss?

We'd also love to meet up with some experts while we are in town who could show us the ropes, especially around tailgating. Appreciate all the help! -Drew

bmquig5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just booked my first trip to Green Bay for the MNF game against SF 49ers. I've never been to Green Bay, only Milwaukee. I'll be in town for three full days, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, planning on tailgating all day Monday.

Saturday:
My buddy and I are both huge college football fans as well (Go Irish! ; he's a Michigan fan, unfortunately). So, our plan was to bar hop and check out Green Bay/watch some football. Are there any top-notch sports bars you all recommend?

Sunday:
Planning on hitting the Lambeau Field tour and HOF in the am, then up in the air. I'm a big craft beer guy, so are there any must-hit breweries in town with some quality crafts? Also open to any tourist spots throughout town that would be cool to take in.

Monday:
I'm bringing my Jeep and I have all of the necessary essentials for tailgating, i.e. tent/table/grill etc. Just want to look for the best spots to park. Do I just head straight for the stadium and park outside Lambeau? How early do the lots open up on a MNF game? And what does parking generally cost for tailgating?

ANY and all advice, tips, etc. will be greatly appreciated. This trip has been a long time coming, I'm beyond excited for October. Can't come fast enough.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anduzzis for sports bar. There is one near the stadium.

3 brew pubs of interest:

Titletown
Hinterland
Leatherheads.

They each do really good beer. Leatherheads has taps built into the tables, and wall of beer. Something you should maybe see. Probably watch college games there as well.

Cant help you with lot parking. I always park 3 streets over and walk. Meet up with others for tailgate.

Sightseeing: not really. If you had your wife with you - Door county is nice. I will post some more. I have to think about it.

bmquig5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anduzzis for sports bar. There is one near the stadium.

3 brew pubs of interest:

Titletown
Hinterland
Leatherheads.

They each do really good beer. Leatherheads has taps built into the tables, and wall of beer. Something you should maybe see. Probably watch college games there as well

You had me so intrigued with built in taps....apparently Leatherheads closed after I did a quick google search. Too bad, I was interested.

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...-closed-and-packer-city-motel-gone/903388001/

Anyways, I appreciate the quick feedback. I'll check out Anduzzis, Titletown and Hinterland for sure. Good looking out.

felix145

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm a Packers fan from Germany and the match on Monday will be my first in Green Bay.
Can you recommend a street where I can park my car for free? It would be okay for me to walk a little bit and to be early at Lambeau.

Thanks!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm a Packers fan from Germany and the match on Monday will be my first in Green Bay.
Can you recommend a street where I can park my car for free? It would be okay for me to walk a little bit and to be early at Lambeau.

Thanks!
If you are 5 or 6 streets over, you should be able to find a spot. Try intersection of Locust and Langlade. You can cross under 41 on 9th coming and going. 41 should be avoided before and after. Where are you staying? Definitely get there early. The tailgate parties are lots of fun and usually you can intro yourself and get invited for a beer or 2. Probably no Spaten, but a spotted cow is pretty good. Have fun!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Thanks!
I usually park north of Lombardi between Ridge and Oneida streets. Walls, Spence, Beauchamp, Frank streets. Frank Street has a walk through lane between the party houses to get across Lombardi. 4-6 block walk. Traffic is stopped on Lombardi for crowd crossing. For a night game, not important, but this time of year the leaves are changing colors and that entire neighborhood is mature maples, elms, oaks. Trees that were planted in the '60s. In a few weeks you'd be walking through knee deep leaves. After the game head north to Mason Street. Oneida and Ridge become 3 lanes north, 1 south for about 2 hours for post game day traffic. Use Mason to cross town headed east towards I-43 if you are staying on the lakeshore / east side of GB. Run left/west to I-41 for the valley. Try to avoid 172 and other points south of the stadium as that is where the most traffic seems to be. https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...828001c843dcdd!8m2!3d44.5013406!4d-88.0622083
In general, everything north of Lombardi street is residential neighborhoods. Not enough commercial to mention until you get to Military or Ashland streets. Everything south of the stadium and west of Oneida is residential except for Ridge road and the Titletown district. Between Oneida and Ashland is almost all commercial businesses. The eating and drinking places you've heard about are mostly here. Except Krolls.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always park on Ridge, but I pay 20 bucks to park. We get to set up a tailgate and use the bathroom in the house. Gladly pay 20 for that. I haven’t parked anywhere else in the past 10 years so I’m not sure where else to go lol

Have fun!

felix145

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are 5 or 6 streets over, you should be able to find a spot. Try intersection of Locust and Langlade. You can cross under 41 on 9th coming and going. 41 should be avoided before and after. Where are you staying? Definitely get there early. The tailgate parties are lots of fun and usually you can intro yourself and get invited for a beer or 2. Probably no Spaten, but a spotted cow is pretty good. Have fun!

First of all: Thank you all for your suggestions! That really helps me.

I'm staying in Allouez. So it's too far to walk. I don't want to pay the price they demand for staying near Lambeau, so I have to swallow the pill. I also thought about taking an Uber or a taxi. Tailgating is on my bucket list, so I'm definitely going to do that. :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
First of all: Thank you all for your suggestions! That really helps me.

I'm staying in Allouez. So it's too far to walk. I don't want to pay the price they demand for staying near Lambeau, so I have to swallow the pill. I also thought about taking an Uber or a taxi. Tailgating is on my bucket list, so I'm definitely going to do that. :)
There is a hotel/motel in Allouez?

Members online

Latest posts