Come here for Help, Questions and Answers on Green Bay

Ryan Campbell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had some computer problems. :cry: But anyways, my Uncle has no shame so he would not have a problem going up to a tailgate. Thanks for the links, definitely something to think about. Just bought tickets today for a Gamblers game, any other things to do around the area? Thanks!

cali#1 packer fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello my name is Jeff (this is my first time using this website) i was born and raised in California i have 2 packers tattoo's i am making my first trip to Green Bay. got tickets for the lions 11/15/2015. i have a few questions since i have never been there.

is it better to do one of the big tailgate pre-planned parties or just walk around the stadium and just meet and greet before the game?

is there any fun cheese tours? i would do wine but my GF is only 20 so thats kinda out the window.

any things a visiting PACKERS fan HAS to do? i wanna do a tour of the stadium anything else?

also is there any place to go for autograph or maybe player photo chances someone told me of the player parking lot but that doesn't sounds real to me lol

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
parking lot before the game, just look for the crowd on the Eastern side of the stadium (if the players are still are parking above ground)

You can see them drive in and enter players only lot..Might get lucky to get an auto as they are pulling in.

The tailgate is personal preference. Big ones are okay, food and drink but lot of people and need to walk back to stadium.

If your out going you can prob go up to a group and explain your situation and bring a 6 pack.

This might be better since it is your 1st time there..Get the feel of TRUE tailgating..Walking around and going to the different tents they have set up on the EASTERN side. Sometimes this area has retired players-

Stadium tour

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/stadium-tours.html

I do not know of any cheese tours, but I am sure someone here does

Johnboy79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello my name is Jeff (this is my first time using this website) i was born and raised in California i have 2 packers tattoo's i am making my first trip to Green Bay. got tickets for the lions 11/15/2015. i have a few questions since i have never been there.

is it better to do one of the big tailgate pre-planned parties or just walk around the stadium and just meet and greet before the game?

is there any fun cheese tours? i would do wine but my GF is only 20 so thats kinda out the window.

any things a visiting PACKERS fan HAS to do? i wanna do a tour of the stadium anything else?

also is there any place to go for autograph or maybe player photo chances someone told me of the player parking lot but that doesn't sounds real to me lol

Tons of cheese factory shops and tours. You could easily spend a couple hours on yelp looking at all the shops around Green Bay!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Tons of cheese factory shops and tours. You could easily spend a couple hours on yelp looking at all the shops around Green Bay!!
Lived here my whole life and have never done a cheese factory tour. I did do a DiGiorno pizza factory when I applied for a job there once.

Johnboy79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lived here my whole life and have never done a cheese factory tour. I did do a DiGiorno pizza factory when I applied for a job there once.
I drive a semi delivering to the Wisconsin, UP, Minesota area. I know there is a place in Manitowoc, and another heading north on 41 towards Marinette. I believe there is also a place just east of Green Bay in Luxemburg calked Rays. Long story short, there is a strong presence of small family owned and ran businesses in the north east area that carry on the tradition of small batch, premium ingredient foods of all kinds.

Bleedcheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you ever there on a non game/scheduled practice day there is a parking gate directly south of the pro shop where players will roll down their window to sign autographs. Some hurry out, others stop to engage people. Depends on what kind of day they are having, but I've always been lucky doing this when visiting family for holidays etc.

Are the players usually at stadium the day after a game? Would taking a stadium tour offer a better chance? Also is there a good time or time frame to be waiting? Visiting for the first time and would love to get some or even just see some players!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Are the players usually at stadium the day after a game? Would taking a stadium tour offer a better chance? Also is there a good time or time frame to be waiting? Visiting for the first time and would love to get some or even just see some players!

I would think it`s highly unlikely any player would be anywhere near the stadium the day after a game.

Sky King

Reaction score
The players have their own parking area. It's actually a fenced-off, guarded area that's part of the larger lot. You will not have direct access into that area, although you will be able to observe the players coming and going at a distance. During my bi-annual pilgrimages I've never seen any players milling around in the common areas of the atrium, although I've exchanged pleasantries with Mark Murphy on more than one occasion. You may have better luck getting autographs at one of the sponsored autograph sessions that are a part of some promotional event being held somewhere in town - at a retail outlet, perhaps. Check the newspaper.

Bleedcheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I'm super pumped as this is my first trip and it's the playoffs. I am from the east coast so I can't get out to lambeau often. Any time days or additional info is greatly appreciated!
GO PACK GO

Armed Rodgery12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heading to Greenbay in October for a game. How is the weather early to mid October?

My plan is to try ticketmaster the day tickets go on sale. I know this is the most cost efficient way because its face value. Now I know hotels should be booked the second the schedule is released which I hope is within the next 2 weeks. Is it the best option to "do it on your own" or is a hotel/ticket package a better way.

Ill be driving from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Heading to Greenbay in October for a game. How is the weather early to mid October?

My plan is to try ticketmaster the day tickets go on sale. I know this is the most cost efficient way because its face value. Now I know hotels should be booked the second the schedule is released which I hope is within the next 2 weeks. Is it the best option to "do it on your own" or is a hotel/ticket package a better way.

Ill be driving from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
I live 20 miles from Lambeau field. Early to mid October high temps are 40-70's depending. Frost in the morning is not uncommon but also not normal after mid-October. I recall having to find T-shirts for the youth deer hunt in late October about 6 years back. Breaking a sweat sitting in the bow stand has happened a few times. So no, it will not be the frozen tundra. I still mow lawn close to Halloween every year. All that said, my niece got married in an outdoor wedding in a snow squall the first weekend in October about 15 years ago. My 4 y.o. son stood up in it. Snow melted overnight. 15 miles away saw only rain.

Personally, I'd do a package deal, but that's me. You realize this site is sponsored by a ticket seller, don't you? https://www.seathound.com/

Armed Rodgery12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully this October offers some nice weather. Nothing beats a game in a jersey and shorts!

Yea I have searched seathound in the past. They are a secondary market, I will entertain that market if the ticketmaster does not pan out. I was just curious if the packages are more of a convenience or is there actual money to be saved with ticket and hotel pricing.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing beats a game in a jersey and shorts!
Especially on the fairer sex. You might get to wear that in an afternoon game but evening game could be a chilly walk back to your ride. Calm and 50's for a late game gets to frost on the windshield by about 9-10 pm at that time of the year.

Armed Rodgery12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking for the best all inclusive tailgate party. There seems to be a bunch. The girlfriend and I are driving from Niagara Falls Canada. There is only the 2 of us and we'd like to drink at the game so we are cabbing it in which means no option for BYOB or grilling. We would like to walk around and see the parking lot tailgates but also looking to get in on an all inclusive package to get some food and drinks before the game. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, just go there. Bring some money and some stuff to mix drinks with or beer if it's a cold weather game and don't need a cooler, carry them around and look for a group having the kind of time you want to have in the parking lot. Start talking to them, ask them if they want a beer, drink, etc of whatever you have. Tell them their food smells ****ing awesome, can you give them a couple bucks for some of whatever it is. Tell them you came from Eastern Canada for the game and forgot your grill. You'll probably have friends for life and all the food, fun and beverage you'll need :)

John Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me and a friend are heading out to GB for Saints game on 10/22. Unfortunately, I booked 2 hotels for 2 nights each when schedules came out. We were hoping to get a couple of friends to go with us so I held on to second room. Just found out this morning that latest cancellation date was 9/21 (30 days). Does anyone know how I could get in touch with people still looking for a room for that game?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Me and a friend are heading out to GB for Saints game on 10/22. Unfortunately, I booked 2 hotels for 2 nights each when schedules came out. We were hoping to get a couple of friends to go with us so I held on to second room. Just found out this morning that latest cancellation date was 9/21 (30 days). Does anyone know how I could get in touch with people still looking for a room for that game?
I'm not sure you can sublet a room. You'd be on the hook to the hotel for the conduct of strangers in the room that, according to them, you rented. You may get your money but the trashing of the room would be on you. Eat the cancellation fee and learn.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for the best all inclusive tailgate party. There seems to be a bunch. The girlfriend and I are driving from Niagara Falls Canada. There is only the 2 of us and we'd like to drink at the game so we are cabbing it in which means no option for BYOB or grilling. We would like to walk around and see the parking lot tailgates but also looking to get in on an all inclusive package to get some food and drinks before the game. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Packers "official" in the Lambeau parking lot
Event USA -- 10-15 minute walk to the stadium in a gameday crowd.
Between the other two

I've never been to any of them. I usually park and head into the stadium when I get to go. Note, you won't likely get to park in the stadium lot. That typically is filled by season ticket holders. One of their perks. All three of the above are on the east side of the stadium, furthest from the freeway.

Pckrs1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please don't take offense if i delete part of or all of a post..

I want this to be information on the green bay area for visitors that have questions
I have always wondered what percentage of players and staff live year round in the area. Do they have houses or condos? Is it the same around the league? I have come up from Ohio for two games and really like the area. Thank you

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have always wondered what percentage of players and staff live year round in the area. Do they have houses or condos? Is it the same around the league? I have come up from Ohio for two games and really like the area. Thank you
Staff would live here year round as they have a year round job position. Many veterans will buy/lease houses at least during the season if not for year round living. Especially the ones that have families. Those that are here for a few seasons will typically have kids getting into the school routines which they may not want to uproot after the season ends. Some players stay around for that reason after their career ends but most migrate elsewhere. Many bottom of the roster young players will share houses and apartments during the season, just like most people on their first job in a new city. These would be the ones that complain about nothing to do in Green Bay and would spend off season at camps or training back at school. Once they hook up with some of the local females, they find there are plenty of activities in the area, even outside the home.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts