Come here for Help, Questions and Answers on Green Bay

doalke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as everyone swings by my food stand. Lambeau Links, Section 106-- 1st floor north endzone. Right next to Verizon gate. (I volunteer my time there on behalf of my church youth group.)

Wow, that's home of Bratzilla, right? Definitely planning to check that out!

Reaction score
My brother and I are coming over from Copenhagen, Denmark to watch the game against the Bears on Thanksgiving night. We haven't been able to find a room in GB so we are staying in Appleton. Does anyone have tips as to how to get back to Appleton after the game and probably a couple of beer at the bar around Lambeau? Thanks, Jacob

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My brother and I are coming over from Copenhagen, Denmark to watch the game against the Bears on Thanksgiving night. We haven't been able to find a room in GB so we are staying in Appleton. Does anyone have tips as to how to get back to Appleton after the game and probably a couple of beer at the bar around Lambeau? Thanks, Jacob
How far in advance, how many days are you staying, how are you getting about while you are here? Both Greenbay and Appleton are relatively small metro areas of about 200 thousand people each separated by 35 kilometers of freeway. Public transit is not as widespread as more urban areas. It is more like being in the suburbs. See if your hotel runs a shuttle.

Edit: Google "Appleton Green Bay gameday shuttles" for options. Besides hotels, many taverns run shuttles. One for sure is TheBar. http://www.meetatthebar.com/appleton_ave.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
National Railroad Museum, 2285 South Broadway, Green Bay.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That is AWESOME - My dad worked for C&NW for almost 20 years before he passed; right before they were taken over by UP (20 years ago this Friday). He was a very proud railroad man and Packer fan.

Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
For many years I wanted to fulfill my dad's wish to take my mom to a Packers game at Lambeau - (my dad passed away 20 years ago this Friday at age 43) and he never got to see one himself) so this would really make her day to say the least. But since I can't afford even one ticket let alone 3 (me, mom and my 7 yr old) I was wondering where we could go that is kid friendly to watch a game so we can get at least a taste of the atmosphere/experience in and all that is Green Bay and Packer fun? We're from Chicago and my mom is 73 years old and can't walk too far or else I'd go for the SRO spots because those were in my price range - but I can't expect and elderly lady and a small kid to last that long...

I read something about tailgating at Favre's steakhouse - do you have to have a game ticket in order to tailgate there or just a ticket for the tailgate itself? Can you tour Lambeau on off hours?

I want to make a trip happen so bad for her, so any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't get head around how big that damn engine was !
I lived in WI 45 years and have been a die hard Packers fan all of my life. Even made it to a game at Lambeau but many, many years ago. It was a December game against the Falcons and I remember piling snow around my feet for insulation (sounds counter-intuitive but it works when the temp is 10 degrees and falling). I didn't even know about the RR museum! Thanks BB.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For many years I wanted to fulfill my dad's wish to take my mom to a Packers game at Lambeau - (my dad passed away 20 years ago this Friday at age 43) and he never got to see one himself) so this would really make her day to say the least. But since I can't afford even one ticket let alone 3 (me, mom and my 7 yr old) I was wondering where we could go that is kid friendly to watch a game so we can get at least a taste of the atmosphere/experience in and all that is Green Bay and Packer fun? We're from Chicago and my mom is 73 years old and can't walk too far or else I'd go for the SRO spots because those were in my price range - but I can't expect and elderly lady and a small kid to last that long...

I read something about tailgating at Favre's steakhouse - do you have to have a game ticket in order to tailgate there or just a ticket for the tailgate itself? Can you tour Lambeau on off hours?

I want to make a trip happen so bad for her, so any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Other posters will have better info, but if you can't afford tickets and want to at least visit, I'm certain the atrium and Packers museum is open year round. There is a restaurant. I haven't been there since the renovations but I believe Lambeau is a year round destination now for tourists and fans

I'm so sorry to hear about your Father. You and your Mom will enjoy the experience. I've only been to one game at Lambeau, but that's all it takes!

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only two of these ever made. One is in Green Bay the other is in St. Louis.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Other posters will have better info, but if you can't afford tickets and want to at least visit, I'm certain the atrium and Packers museum is open year round. There is a restaurant. I haven't been there since the renovations but I believe Lambeau is a year round destination now for tourists and fans

I'm so sorry to hear about your Father. You and your Mom will enjoy the experience. I've only been to one game at Lambeau, but that's all it takes!

Thanks for the kind thought - and there's a Packer museum?!?!?! Cool!

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind thought - and there's a Packer museum?!?!?! Cool!
I'm certain they have something there honoring the HOF players, at a minimum. The idea behind these renovations was to make Lambeau a year round destination. Another idea would be to visit when training camp is going on. Some of the practices are open to the public. And considering that you'll be traveling with your Mom and young daughter, this may be a better option than an entire game.

So there are now a number of ways to get the "Lambeau experience" without actually going to a game.

Reaction score
Great ideas, so much to learn - I had no idea they were trying to make it a year round destination!
Great tip about the training camps - and they're in warmer weather so no freezing involved! Again - thank you!

Reaction score
Who can beat an all you can eat? LOL Unfortunately it looks like they give ya the boot right before the game starts. But I do like the idea of a pre game activity! I wonder if they let you park there...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a shot at getting tickets for the 4th preseason game. Late August weather is decent, fairly relaxed environment, still get a feel for a "real" game. Mostly family friendly crowd, usuals and drunks typically wait for regular season games.

Reaction score
Hell, to get the experience it wouldn't matter if it was pre or during! But I will say warmer weather would be favorable for sure!

Thanks Poppa San!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hell, to get the experience it wouldn't matter if it was pre or during! But I will say warmer weather would be favorable for sure!

Thanks Poppa San!
Preseason are usually night games, the fourth game typically 6pm Thurs. Plan your visit accordingly. All day for Packer HOF and or National RR museum. Possibly Brown County fair week. Definitely Bay Beach for your youngun.

Ryan Campbell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys! So me and my uncle have always dreamed about a trip to Lambeau. We live in Southern California, so its not such an easy trip. This year he surprised both of us with tickets to the Thanksgiving game against the Bears as a birthday present to us. We are super excited for this trip of a lifetime! We just bought our plane tickets today and will be there from Tuesday to Friday. We fly into Milwaukee and will stay in Appleton because everything in GB is booked. We really want to get the whole game day experience. We want to do everything we can! We really want to have an awesome tailgate on game day and see everything to see. Any tips or advice is GREATLY appreciated!!! We would also love to meet up with some locals to really get the full experience. Thanks again for anything you can add!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So me and my uncle have always dreamed about a trip to Lambeau. We live in Southern California, so its not such an easy trip. This year he surprised both of us with tickets to the Thanksgiving game against the Bears as a birthday present to us. We are super excited for this trip of a lifetime! We just bought our plane tickets today and will be there from Tuesday to Friday. We fly into Milwaukee and will stay in Appleton because everything in GB is booked. We really want to get the whole game day experience. We want to do everything we can! We really want to have an awesome tailgate on game day and see everything to see. Any tips or advice is GREATLY appreciated!!! We would also love to meet up with some locals to really get the full experience. Thanks again for anything you can add!

Enjoy!

Ck this thread. There is a ton of help.

Milw to Appleton will be a GOOD 90 mins

My one suggestion is if a fish fry.... ask around for best fish fry on friday if you have time..big tradition around the state..

Get to GB game early...take it all in...

Ryan Campbell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoy!

Ck this thread. There is a ton of help.

Milw to Appleton will be a GOOD 90 mins

My one suggestion is if a fish fry.... ask around for best fish fry on friday if you have time..big tradition around the state..

Get to GB game early...take it all in...
Awesome! Mmmmm... Fish fry sure does sound good! Thank you! Also, as far as tailgating goes, is it better to pay and go to a place near the stadium, or just pack some beer and join in with somebody? Thanks!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome! Mmmmm... Fish fry sure does sound good! Thank you! Also, as far as tailgating goes, is it better to pay and go to a place near the stadium, or just pack some beer and join in with somebody? Thanks!

That would be a personal preference I guess..

Are you out going and not afraid to approach strangers tailgating? I am positive if you bring a little beer or food of some sort, you shouldnt have any problem finding people to party with

But there is the Brett Favre Steakhouse tailgate...Maybe 20-30$$$ but all you can eat and drink...But its mostly beer brats and burgers

http://www.brettfavresteakhouse.com/gameday.html

The Tailgate Party and Pep-Rally includes an "all-you-can-eat" buffet of traditional Wisconsin "tailgate party" fare with a "FAVRE FAMILY" Cajun twist! Chow down to your heart's (and belly's) content BEFORE you enter Lambeau.

UNLIMITED food and beverages include the following:
  • Authentic "Wisconsin" Brats
  • Grilled Hamburgers
  • Favre Family "Secret Recipe" Cajun Jambalaya
  • Salads & Side Dishes
  • Gourmet Cookies
  • All the "Fixins"
  • "Bloody Mary's"
  • "Screwdrivers" or Other Seasonal Specialty Drinks
  • Beer
  • Soda
  • Water
  • Coffee

There are a few more around the stadium

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fan-zone-vip-buffet-packers-vs-chicago-bears-tickets-17261494595

Green Bay Distillery is pleased to announce a game day offer second to none. Every home game this season we're offering access to its Fan Zone, an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet & VIP area!

Tickets are just $32.95 in advance online! Online ticketing ends at midnight the day of the game. Limited amounts of tickets will be available for $42.95 at the door on gameday.

The buffet* includes all-you-can-eat-and-drink:

• ¼ lb. Burgers
  • Sheboygan Brats
  • Shredded Whiskey Bacon BBQ Chicken
  • Chef's Choice Meatballs
  • Cilantro Lime Taco Dip
  • Hand Cut Tortilla Chips
  • Ale Cheese Sauce
  • Nacho Toppings
  • Fire Roasted Chili
  • Salad Bar
  • Beer