Colin cowherd

Darth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's at it again.

Cowherd is saying that Aaron Rodgers is the same as Tony Romo. He says that Rodgers has an advantage because of coaching but is basically the same player as Rodgers. He states the very similar quarterback ratings, the scrambling ability, completion percentage... . Cowherd thinks talent wise Rodgers = Romo.

I really like how he constantly downplays Rodgers success as result of coaching and the offensive system in Green Bay. He says if it were not for these two things which have helped Rodgers succeed he would be average. (But wouldn't any QB?)

He just keep going on and on about the weak NFC North as compared to the NFC South. He cites his fact that in big games Rodgers struggles. He cites the Bears games and a few others last season when he was up against good teams and he struggled.

In short, his premise is that Romo has succeeded despite Wade Philips and Jerry Jones. Romo has had a harder hill to climb and has not had the support of a coaching staff like Green Bay currently has.

Any thoughts from the forum?

Darth...

:viksux:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is just trying to get a rise out of people. All this is going t do is make people say more good things about Aaron to counter his nonsense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He admitted last year after the SB he was wrong..And had Rodgers on to apologize..

7th is right..He does it to get a rise

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some things he says I agree with. He says things you won't normally think about on a topic, but in this case he's wrong. The biggest thing is Romo is not a good pressure player or at least hasn't been.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Romo is a very good player and is going to be underrated this year. The Cowboys have enough talent to win the east imo.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Buddy!

Attachments

• dg.jpg
    dg.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 141

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colin is as good a sports reporter as single year MNF sideline reporter Lisa Guerrero (2003). He just has a better producer.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a question:

Why are any of you listening to Cowherd? You really have nothing better to do?

Here's a good substitute to Cowherd: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWL_kcfVcA&feature=related]Diarrhea Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Hmmm, lets see. Rodgers= 6 straight must win games, Superbowl MVP, almost 3 straight 4000 yard seasons, the highest passer rating ever for a QB in his first 3 years.

Romo = the boyfriend of Jessica Simpson, Carrie Underwood, Natalie Smith. A pretty good golfer and of course MISTER CHOKE!!!

I think I can see his point.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moose, don't you say that about everyone on ESPN? j/k (you probably could).

You caught me neilfii. I can never decide between Cowherd and Clayton so I just go with whoever is making news that day. I tend to lean Cowherd because Clayton does seem to have some limited football knowledge. Either way, both can go suck a lemon. <--Went there.

RS, I am not sure if I want to "like" that or try to find a Super Super Mod to report you to.:laughing:

OP
OP
Darth

Darth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I normally don't give cowherd any of my time, but he happened to be on ESPNU when I was enjoying my day off from work channel surfing. I really don't see him as any kind of credible source. I agree with many here that he just shoots his mouth off to get a response.

He does seem to like bashing Rodgers though...making #12 look average. It seems like his M.O.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
He states the very similar quarterback ratings, the scrambling ability, completion percentage... . Cowherd thinks talent wise Rodgers = Romo.

How about playoff winning percentage?

And why does everybody seem to want to kiss Cowboys butt? I'm seriously thinking they may come in like 3rd in their own division.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Eh, Rodgers gets compared to every other good QB and everyone has to argue that a different QB is better. The way I see Rodgers losing the big games, the problem usually isn't Rodgers. The Patriots - Rodgers wasn't in; the Falcons - ST messed up and Ryan let loose a great drive. Vikings - OH wait we won Favre bowl 3 and 4 (Took a few times but he got there,) Bears - Isn't their goal just to beat the Packers? Cardinals - Okay the first and last play he let us down, the rest was our D.

Rodgers > Romo in that regards. Could argue Rodgers went over the hump of playoff losses, and Romo is still struggling up it.

PackerChamps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowherd is a blowhard *** smooching national celebrity wannabe.

Up until last year McCarthy was about 30th on the list of coach of the year candidates and TT was a fragile old coot with no clue how to GM a team.

Winning a Superbowl makes them both Mensa candidates and the GOAT for coaching and GM.

Last time I checked Arod has had to supplant the GOAT and go through a SB winning season losing a majority of his key O players. Tony had the Big Tuna as his head coach, then a biscuit(okay that was a bad coach), but now has the greates offensive genius as his head coach.

Romo while a good QB is not ARod. ARod is a much more fluid QB and a damn site more accurate.

He's at it again.

Cowherd is saying that Aaron Rodgers is the same as Tony Romo. He says that Rodgers has an advantage because of coaching but is basically the same player as Rodgers. He states the very similar quarterback ratings, the scrambling ability, completion percentage... . Cowherd thinks talent wise Rodgers = Romo.

I really like how he constantly downplays Rodgers success as result of coaching and the offensive system in Green Bay. He says if it were not for these two things which have helped Rodgers succeed he would be average. (But wouldn't any QB?)

He just keep going on and on about the weak NFC North as compared to the NFC South. He cites his fact that in big games Rodgers struggles. He cites the Bears games and a few others last season when he was up against good teams and he struggled.

In short, his premise is that Romo has succeeded despite Wade Philips and Jerry Jones. Romo has had a harder hill to climb and has not had the support of a coaching staff like Green Bay currently has.

Any thoughts from the forum?

Darth...

:viksux:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I would NEVER compare Rodgers to Romo.

Romo is a failure.

Rodgers is a winner.

If anything, I would be comparing Rodgers to Steve Young, which is who he reminds me of often. He won a Super Bowl quicker than Young, but the scrambling abilities. Rodgers has the skills to break and get out of trouble, similar to Young escaping pressure.

Romo will never win a Super Bowl, nor will he ever amount to the quarterback the great Roger Staubach was (For my money, Staubach was the Cowboys best quarterback). Rodgers has the skills and abilities to eventually surpass all of Favre's records in Green bay, and bank on winning us another Super Bowl.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Colin is a ****** moron, he has openly stated that he just talks nonsense to make a story and controversy. He is one of the worst sports analysts on espn and is simply a talking head, I give 0 merit to anything he ever says. I've heard him talking about a-rod like he is the best qb ever as well sometimes.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would NEVER compare Rodgers to Romo.

Romo is a failure.

Rodgers is a winner.

If anything, I would be comparing Rodgers to Steve Young, which is who he reminds me of often. He won a Super Bowl quicker than Young, but the scrambling abilities. Rodgers has the skills to break and get out of trouble, similar to Young escaping pressure.

Romo will never win a Super Bowl, nor will he ever amount to the quarterback the great Roger Staubach was (For my money, Staubach was the Cowboys best quarterback). Rodgers has the skills and abilities to eventually surpass all of Favre's records in Green bay, and bank on winning us another Super Bowl.

i wouldn't say that...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
i wouldn't say that...

Why not?

He got us a Super Bowl in 3 years. What makes you think he won't eventually surpass the old man?

I'm one of the rare fans on this board that don't entirely hate Favre but I think Rodgers will eventually surpass him.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
i wouldn't say that...

If you think Rodgers isn't as skilled as Brett Favre you are certainly mistaken. Thats not even open to debate. The reaso that Rodges will win more championships is because of his level talent, work ethic, mental toughness, and the simple fact that he doesn't make mistakes in critical situations. Lets not be ignorant on this issue.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Favre have like a 3-year head start though? Also, Favre played into his 40s and never missed games from injury.

Now I would say that Rodgers is the better quarterback (Someone has that signature where it shows Rodgers had a 100 to 82 advantage in QB rating after 52 games). However, gonna be hard to match his total stats just because of longevity.

Latest posts