Colin cowherd

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the guys saying don't bank on Rodgers breaking Favre's records.

In fact, I don't think anyone other than Peyton Manning will come close to breaking Favre's records with the current 16 game schedule and current passing rules.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I refuse to bash BrInt. Instead, ask yourself this:
It's the NFCCG and you're at home. Tight game, minutes closing down. Who do you want at QB?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I refuse to bash BrInt. Instead, ask yourself this:
It's the NFCCG and you're at home. Tight game, minutes closing down. Who do you want at QB?
True, but quality isn't in discussion in here, rather quantity.

Do you see any of the current QBs playing 290+ games and throwing that many TDs and yards? I sure don't. Maybe Manning, but he still has to have IIRC four full seasons to reach Favre. Manning will be 39 by then.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not?

He got us a Super Bowl in 3 years. What makes you think he won't eventually surpass the old man?

I'm one of the rare fans on this board that don't entirely hate Favre but I think Rodgers will eventually surpass him.
If you think Rodgers isn't as skilled as Brett Favre you are certainly mistaken. Thats not even open to debate. The reaso that Rodges will win more championships is because of his level talent, work ethic, mental toughness, and the simple fact that he doesn't make mistakes in critical situations. Lets not be ignorant on this issue.

Guys. Let's not jump the gun. All I said was "I wouldn't say that..." without giving a better explanation of why I made that explanation. I think Rodgers is a superior QB. But...

1) Favre's longevity was unbelievable, and Aaron explicitly stated he doesn't plan to play as long as Favre.
2) Favre owns a multitude of all-time QB'ing records. Good and bad. One of the things I was eluding to were the bad records when I said "I wouldn't say that..."

Also, it's obvious that Rodgers is better than Favre from a chronological standpoint, but Favre was a 3x consecutive NFL MVP in the mid 90's. It's not even certain if Rodgers will get another SB championship or be named league MVP. Just saying...

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I can see how talent wise they are similar. But the difference is that Rodgers is cool under pressure and has the intangibles that Romo does not.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Romo is a very good player and is going to be underrated this year. The Cowboys have enough talent to win the east imo.

lol...ivo I agree to disagree...the cowboys win the east over the giants and eagles - thats borderline hilarious

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I see the Eagles winning and the Cowboys getting 2nd. The Giants nor the Redskins look all too good.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol...ivo I agree to disagree...the cowboys win the east over the giants and eagles - thats borderline hilarious

SI has said they could see Ware getting the single season sack record with that defense.

The Talent is there. and after Wade left they went 5-3.

Just dont call it an upset when it happens.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Rodgers has no chance at breaking Favre career Packer records. Single season records can be broken though.

The volume records are the hardest. Look how long it took someone to break Hutsons TD record!

As far as who do I want closing out a game? Depends, has Brett thrown an INT yet? seriously, for as much crap as I give the guy the stuff he has done at the end of games is nothing short of epic. More so in the regular season. He is very Dan Marino like in the playoffs.

Instead of keeping Flynn as an insurance policy how about (99% joking) we trade Flynn and sign Favre? Team X just knocked out Rodgers from a close game in the 4th. Gunslinger comes off the bench, you know the defense is looking at each other a little nervous.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SI has said they could see Ware getting the single season sack record with that defense.

The Talent is there. and after Wade left they went 5-3.

Just dont call it an upset when it happens.

your basing this on SI? lol....I havent read that rag since '93, the year before they decided to not do a story on the 1994 Wisconsin Badgers. 5-3 to end the season after playing who? Trust me, the boys won't even sniff the playoffs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your basing this on SI? lol....I havent read that rag since '93, the year before they decided to not do a story on the 1994 Wisconsin Badgers. 5-3 to end the season after playing who? Trust me, the boys won't even sniff the playoffs.

I think it might be best if I dont trust you on this one, judging by your post last season.

this is an abomination. its air coryell. super bowl? are yu kidding me? you kool aid drinkers need to wake up. we just got out coached AGAIN. sick vick? thank goodness for clay matthews having the where with all to stop sick vick. put 8 in the box this guy can not beat you and sam shields, you shouldnt have made the team. he doesnt guard anyone. passing up 10 pts 2 out of 3 downs? wtf mccarthy. 9-7 at best. air coryell and I'm a huge packer fan. vikings d is going to hold us down just like they did the saints. As far as Ryan Grant is concerned: good riddance. bjack is much better. time to bring lumpkin into the mix. on another note: special teams is much and I mean MUCH impoved. Bears got luckier than squat on a bs ruling. you can't tell me that that wasnt a td that 81 scored. revealing that that rule needs to be changed, and the showboat rule is well you know needs to stop. was totally impressed with james jones - use him more. overall - a c minus for the team. josh sitton wtf up.

I can break down the last 8 games since you asked who they played,

Giants (W 33-20)
Lions (W 35-19) the same lions team that beat us.
Saints, loss by 3
Colts, win in OT by 3
Eagles loss by 3
Redskins win by 3
Cardinals loss by 1
Eagles win by 1

As far as SI, I believe King picked the SB last year in the preview issue. Not basing anything off of them, I am making that judgement call on my own.

I guess we can wait and see how the season goes.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hind sight is always 20-20 and 9-7 is one L from 10-6, which was the record last season. This post was shortly before the D started coming around. Hey I'll admit it, I was a little (no alot) off, but most people usually are early on. At least I went out on a limb. lol Sheilds and Sitton got alot better, and we didnt need Grant after all.

Just because someone picks the SB doesn't make them Svengali...your point is noted on 5-3, I see where you might say Dallas is right in there. Dallas has to shore up their D to do so.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowherd is a talking head, like it's been said. the guy wants to push the buttons...he's insufferable to listen to. i don't loathe him as much as skip bayless but he is a prominent tool.

sports radio used to be fun to listen to...:unsure:

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowherd is a talking head, like it's been said. the guy wants to push the buttons...he's insufferable to listen to. i don't loathe him as much as skip bayless but he is a prominent tool.

sports radio used to be fun to listen to...:unsure:

This pretty much sums up all of talk radio. Completely ludicrous that people take it seriously.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts