Cole Madison is coming back to play this season.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that you don't consider Madison a lock to make the roster. While I hope he will add much needed quality depth on the offensive line I'm not as optimstic about those chances as other posters around here.

I think it's fair to say nobody knows. He could become a T.J. Lange type of steal, or a Tony Moll-type flop. It's just good that he might turn out to be a player.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
MLF mentioned at his presser today that OL coach Adam Stenavich likes Cole Madison, so much that the 49'ers were ready to draft him 4 picks after the Packers did.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say nobody knows. He could become a T.J. Lange type of steal, or a Tony Moll-type flop. It's just good that he might turn out to be a player.

Tony Moll was a 5th round pick who played in 63 games, starting 22, over 7 NFL seasons.

I know he wasn't great, but that's a better career than the average NFL player. He was hardly a flop.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony Moll was a 5th round pick who played in 63 games, starting 22, over 7 NFL seasons.

I know he wasn't great, but that's a better career than the average NFL player. He was hardly a flop.

Flop isn't even in the same ballpark of opinion for that type of career, especially at that round pick.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the Cole pick when we made it. He just strikes me as one of those guys that is physically good enough, and will do whatever he needs to do get on the field and fight is way on to it. It might take a season or 2, but it's just the type of player I think he's going to be. I heard to spoke with the media recently, i'm curious to hear how he sounds. I'm hoping he sounds like a guy that saw a problem on the horizon, confronted it, and is ready to go.

Reaction score
This is a year we shouldn’t back down from getting after a couple more O line. We just picked up an OG in FA and another OG here.
I think we should keep the pedal down at OL with one of our first several selections (#12-#75) with a quality successor to protect Rodgers there at RT. Id prefer to get someone now who we can groom while Bulaga is still here while giving us adequate depth. Then I’d like to see us double down and go after another 3rd day pick who is versatile at several positions on that OL.
This is our grand opportunity to solidify this porous O line that got Rodgers abused much of last year and give us immediate competition and future options.

The beauty is, we don’t necessarily have to use #12 or even #30 if there’s not a logical choice, we can still find a couple more late day 2 early day 3 prospects.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

This is our grand opportunity to solidify this porous O line that got Rodgers abused much of last year and give us immediate competition and future options.

The starting offensive line is actually pretty good in pass protection but has to improve blocking for the run. The Packers are in dire need of quality depth though.

He was a total flop in Green Bay.

It seems you should adjust your expectations for a fifth round pick. While Moll was definitely not an elite offensive lineman during his time in Green Bay him playing in 39 games and starting 18 of them should be considered a success for a day three pick.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The starting offensive line is actually pretty good in pass protection but has to improve blocking for the run. The Packers are in dire need of quality depth though.

It seems you should adjust your expectations for a fifth round pick. While Moll was definitely not an elite offensive lineman during his time in Green Bay him playing in 39 games and starting 18 of them should be considered a success for a day three pick.

He played because we had no other choice at the time. Similar to Byron Bell this year, except he was even worse. He was awful in Green Bay. Granted, he became somewhat serviceable after leaving Green Bay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts