Cobb vs. McCaffery

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at this team. You wouldn't think a wr would be picked up. Oline? Yea. Qb?Yea.... but wr?

Considering all the wrs and tes are healthy. And Clark is already on the practice squad. Makes you wonder... why?

On the Cobb front. He isn't producing. Even with #12, his stats have gone down, and are now around 2 catches a game ....

So that aside. I thought I was dreaming. But I swear I heard Cobb throw the qb and play calling under the bus recently... I mean. Has he had enough? Is there a mutiny growing, and GB is preparing for the house cleaning?

Cobb is already a target for cap savings next year... based on his current production. I'd say it's almost a certainty he will be replaced with a cheaper model.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not even close.
I ask you. How hard is it to replace 2 catches a game?

I just caught a passing ear and thought I heard Cobb saying we need better passing and the play calling wasn't good..... anyone else see that post game interview?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't even remember what TyMont was like at WR, though I guess we didn't get to see all that much of him at that position. If Aaron Jones is the real deal at runningback, I don't think we'll leave Ty to languish as the RB2. He may see more slot work.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ask you. How hard is it to replace 2 catches a game?

I just caught a passing ear and thought I heard Cobb saying we need better passing and the play calling wasn't good..... anyone else see that post game interview?
Cobb may have said they need to execute plays better and they need to do better in the passing game, but I doubt he said "we need better passing" and the "play calling wasn't good". He has been nothing but a hardworking team player since day 1. If anyone had caught that on tape, I'd assume it was edited before I'd believe he actually said that in an interview.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is they had room on the PS, Max was someone they liked in training camp, saw he was available again for their PS so they signed him to it. I'm not reading into it any further than that at this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Nobody is replacing Janice anytime soon with how good he is at punt coverage.
While I agree with that statement 2 years ago, I haven't been that impressed with him since. I think many people bring his 2015 season up as a gunner and his 2 hail mary catches as proof as to how good he is or could be. Sure, once in awhile every blind squirrel finds a nut. However, this year he hasn't done a whole lot on special teams. His 2 kick returns were terrible, so he was replaced by Davis. He has had a clean shot at recovering 3 fumbled punts, .....3! Despite having his hands on all 3, he couldn't gather them in. I also have seen him fly right by returners. I know he gets double teamed, but so do many gunners. He is nowhere to be seen on offense. He is going to have to do a lot more for the Packers to want to bring him back on another contract after this year.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with that statement 2 years ago, I haven't been that impressed with him since. I think many people bring his 2015 season up as a gunner and his 2 hail mary catches as proof as to how good he is or could be. Sure, once in awhile every blind squirrel finds a nut. However, this year he hasn't done a whole lot on special teams. His 2 kick returns were terrible, so he was replaced by Davis. He has had a clean shot at recovering 3 fumbled punts, .....3! Despite having his hands on all 3, he couldn't gather them in. I also have seen him fly right by returners. I know he gets double teamed, but so do many gunners. He is nowhere to be seen on offense. He is going to have to do a lot more for the Packers to want to bring him back on another contract after this year.

I think he is constantly the first guy at the punt returner this season. Even mising fumbles, he's still doing an excellent job.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Without Rodgers they are both pretty much useless anyways. Here's to drafting in the top 5 next yr!! :coffee:
Agreed. It takes 3 years for receivers to play at an acceptable level with a HOF QB in this system. We need a modern offensive mind and I'll accept whatever they decide to do with the WRs that we have.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they know for a fact 12 is not coming back this season I would not be surprised to see Cobb traded.

I think he'd flourish in the Pats offense. I mentioned this in another thread, if we could snag one of their top two CB's for him, that'd be super. Not sure how A-Aron would like that though, they're best buds.

Reaction score
Cobb is already a target for cap savings next year... based on his current production. I'd say it's almost a certainty he will be replaced with a cheaper model.
This is exactly the plan I had after my divorce. That plan went sour when I had to buy the next wife an engagement ring again! :tdown:

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought from the start...McCaffrey for Davis. He looks like he would return punts better and he has better hands. A lot of people say Davis has awesome speed. I don't see it. At least not on a football field.

Members online

Latest posts