Cobb signs with cowboys

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas plays us this year. If Cobb ends up playing lights out this season you guys will NOT hear the end of it from me just a heads up.
How about when Gmo outplays Cobb?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is an allround great guy, your typical Packer player. Sad to see him go but he too was another overpaid homegrown talent which we desperately needed to lock up every time since we neglected FA. All the best to him

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his GW TD catch for the division was my favorite single play in my football viewing life. It was time to move on, but it's really unfortunate he won't end up with a ring here.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cobb has a great year with the Cowboys, I'll be happy for him. However, only a fool could conclude that it would have also happened with the Packers. We've seen Cobb the past few years. The new scheme and teammates in Dallas would be the primary reason he has a good season. Cobb needs a fresh start and the Packers need a productive receiver in the slot.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No fault of Cobb, but I've always associated with him the Packers disappointments over the past eight years.
We had just won the Super Bowl, and the 2011 season started out, and first play Cobb returns that kickoff for a touchdown. It seemed to promise so much.

I remember a guy on the radio (it wasn't even a sports show, it was a morning rock show) saying how unfair it was that the Super Bowl champs had just gotten stronger by adding this guy. Well, Cobb was good, but he never quite fully lived up to what was hoped of him early on, and the Packers never got back to the Super Bowl.

Like I said, no fault of Cobb, who seems like a great guy, it's just what he reminds me of.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Aaron and Randall both saw this one coming.....one of their last pictures together towards the end of the Lions game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron and Randall both saw this one coming.....one of their last pictures together towards the end of the Lions game.

I am so sad that we couldn't get Cobb a ring. So many squandered chances. Damn you Capers. Damn you Thompson. Damn you McCarthy. Damn it all!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas plays us this year. If Cobb ends up playing lights out this season you guys will NOT hear the end of it from me just a heads up.
I have no doubt that Cobb can still be a good receiver.... if he can stay healthy. That is a big if.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
#12 weighed in on Instagram about the loss of Cobb.

“I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged...And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend,"

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#12 weighed in on Instagram about the loss of Cobb.

“I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged...And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend,"
Poor Arodg. First Nelson, and now Cobb and Matthews. In an unrelated note, I wonder if he'll make a post when Fitzgerald retires, he and Rodgers are supposedly good friends.

Skip was trying so hard to pin this on Rodgers, but Shannon stopped him saying that Rodgers and Cobb are good friends and he was one of the groomsman at Cobb's wedding.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually forgot how many big time catches he had.

1)Obviously the Bears GW Week 17 2013
2)The GW TD @ DET in 2012 with 1:55 left.
3)The go-ahead TD in the 3rd quarter in the 2014 week 17 Lions game for the division (1st round bye for us)
4)His first career game! How about that kickoff return to go along with the TD catch just before that.
5)Bears week 1 last year
6)Hail Mary vs the Giants 2016 playoffs

Just my opinion, I think we beat Arizona in 2015 if he didn't fall on his mic'd up microphone on that amazing catch (which for some f'd up reason they called incomplete)

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually forgot how many big time catches he had.

1)Obviously the Bears GW Week 17 2013
2)The GW TD @ DET in 2012 with 1:55 left.
3)The go-ahead TD in the 3rd quarter in the 2014 week 17 Lions game for the division (1st round bye for us)
4)His first career game! How about that kickoff return to go along with the TD catch just before that.
5)Bears week 1 last year
6)Hail Mary vs the Giants 2016 playoffs

Just my opinion, I think we beat Arizona in 2015 if he didn't fall on his mic'd up microphone on that amazing catch (which for some f'd up reason they called incomplete)
We definitely were stretched thin as the defense focused more on James Jones afterwards. But I thought they called it back due to a penalty.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I think it was called complete, but there was a penalty on the Packers on the play, so it didn't count. I may be remembering it wrong. :geek:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We definitely were stretched thin as the defense focused more on James Jones afterwards. But I thought they called it back due to a penalty.

I think it was called complete, but there was a penalty on the Packers on the play, so it didn't count. I may be remembering it wrong. :geek:

That's right, it was a penalty I thought was BS at the time. Rewatching it now for the first time since that game, even today it still looked like a nitpick illegal shift on Bulaga.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's right, it was a penalty I thought was BS at the time. Rewatching it now for the first time since that game, even today it still looked like a nitpick illegal shift on Bulaga.
That entire game was BS! The refs were clearly favoring Arizona. Not the first time we got hosed over there in a playoff game too.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cobb ends up winning a Super Bowl with Dak Prescott, after eight years of nothing with Rodgers, I am going to be p!ssed. Not that I expect that to happen. Clay probably has the better shot at a Super Bowl.

Poor Arodg. First Nelson, and now Cobb and Matthews. In an unrelated note, I wonder if he'll make a post when Fitzgerald retires, he and Rodgers are supposedly good friends.
It reminds me of Favre when he got older, and he talked about all of a sudden the locker room was full of kids he didn't know. Kind of sad.

I tuned in to see Skip's reaction to Dallas signing Cobb also, and of course he said it was a Super Bowl move. He also had to get the digs in on Rodgers saying maybe he wanted to play for a good guy quarterback who doesn't throw his receivers under the bus. And noted that Prescott has the best completion percentage of any QB during his first three years (I have no idea if that's true or not). Well, Dallas is a run first team, I would expect them to have a high completion percentage.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Cobb ends up winning a Super Bowl with Dak Prescott, after eight years of nothing with Rodgers, I am going to be p!ssed. Not that I expect that to happen. Clay probably has the better shot at a Super Bowl.

It reminds me of Favre when he got older, and he talked about all of a sudden the locker room was full of kids he didn't know. Kind of sad.

I tuned in to see Skip's reaction to Dallas signing Cobb also, and of course he said it was a Super Bowl move. He also had to get the digs in on Rodgers saying maybe he wanted to play for a good guy quarterback who doesn't throw his receivers under the bus. And noted that Prescott has the best completion percentage of any QB during his first three years (I have no idea if that's true or not). Well, Dallas is a run first team, I would expect them to have a high completion percentage.

Anytime Skip gets all high and mighty about his Cowboys, just pop this video up...... The good stuff starts at about the 4:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=a_lTsbuAGCs

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My buddy who is a Dallas fan and doesn't like Dak, shared this with me today.

Reaction score
IDK why. But normally I’m more sentimental and I’m not hardly at all. I respect what each player did early in their careers, but they’ve both been inconsistent or injured going on several years now. This league is full of that, but we shouldn’t be endorsing it in GB.

I’m ready for the Sequel as this book has gotten stale. Maybe we get the next “The Empire Strikes Back” Episode V and “Return of the Jedi” episode VI.
One things for sure.. Episode IV is cooked.

I believe us Packer fans will have a lot more appreciation for what it takes to be on top once we’re back there. Especially after watching these last couple seasons.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts