Cobb signs with cowboys

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, and when he doesn't?

Yup, I really thought after the opening big game against the Bears last year he was mounting a resurging year. The fact that he had several cases of bad dropsies and then disappeared a lot last year made me less worried about letting him go.

I will say though that I hope this move means we're going to be gunning for Paris Campbell in this next draft. I been beating the drum there pretty loud and feel it's appropriate to beat it even more because I believe he'd be the young replacement speedster fitting for taking Cobb's spot.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My buddy who is a Dallas fan and doesn't like Dak, shared this with me today.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
If that was a direct quote from Randall, not sure how well that will sit with his new QB and teammates, but oh well. :)

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas plays us this year. If Cobb ends up playing lights out this season you guys will NOT hear the end of it from me just a heads up.
i hear ya but my reason for not wanting cobb back wasn't so much performance based as it was the team's, rodgers', need to move on from the last offense's mind-set.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that was a direct quote from Randall, not sure how well that will sit with his new QB and teammates, but oh well. :)
no way he said that lol...but living here i hear the dak hate all the time. i just don't get it. he's a good qb. he can't do it by himself anymore than rodgers can. got to have talent/weapons around him.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hear ya but my reason for not wanting cobb back wasn't so much performance based as it was the team's, rodgers', need to move on from the last offense's mind-set.
I understand that. That was the same reason regarding Jordy right? For me the best example I can think of is when you try to squeeze a fruit to the last drop rather than throwing it away completely.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anytime Skip gets all high and mighty about his Cowboys, just pop this video up...... The good stuff starts at about the 4:15 mark.
It's hard to get much satisfaction out of that, considering Dallas ended up winning the division.
Usually if I turn it on FS1 and they are talking about the Cowboys, I turn the channel immediately. I don't care if they are the most popular sports franchise on the planet, there is no reason to talk about the Cowboys as much as they do.

As for the new look Packers, I guess Gute has to build his own team, and put his own guys in there.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that. That was the same reason regarding Jordy right? For me the best example I can think of is when you try to squeeze a fruit to the last drop rather than throwing it away completely.
yup. rodgers needs to buy-in completely to this new o. having familiar crutches around would hamper that.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yup. rodgers needs to buy-in completely to this new o. having familiar crutches around would hamper that.
I respect that.

Again I know he would have to move off them, I just figured keeping one of the two for one more year would smooth the transition better.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#12 weighed in on Instagram about the loss of Cobb.

“I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged...And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend,"

This does not sound like any professional athlete that I ever heard speak before. Sounds like maybe Rodgers got a little...I don't know what to call it... I wanted to say spiritual but everyone will take it the wrong way.

Sounds more like Maya Angelou

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This does not sound like any professional athlete that I ever heard speak before. Sounds like maybe Rodgers got a little...I don't know what to call it... I wanted to say spiritual but everyone will take it the wrong way.

I am very certain that Skip will somehow spin it that way. And possibly Cowherd.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cobb ends up winning a Super Bowl with Dak Prescott, after eight years of nothing with Rodgers, I am going to be p!ssed. Not that I expect that to happen. Clay probably has the better shot at a Super Bowl.

It reminds me of Favre when he got older, and he talked about all of a sudden the locker room was full of kids he didn't know. Kind of sad.

I tuned in to see Skip's reaction to Dallas signing Cobb also, and of course he said it was a Super Bowl move. He also had to get the digs in on Rodgers saying maybe he wanted to play for a good guy quarterback who doesn't throw his receivers under the bus. And noted that Prescott has the best completion percentage of any QB during his first three years (I have no idea if that's true or not). Well, Dallas is a run first team, I would expect them to have a high completion percentage.

If the cowboys end up wining a ring I am going to be pissed no matter who is on their team. Cobb getting a ring will make it a tiny bit easier to accept.

My buddy who is a Dallas fan and doesn't like Dak, shared this with me today.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

it's a quote from some book. i heard it mentioned earlier today but forgot which one.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the cowboys end up wining a ring I am going to be pissed no matter who is on their team. Cobb getting a ring will make it a tiny bit easier to accept.
I agree that if the Cowboys win, it will be cause for being pissed. Cobb being on the team isn't going to make it any easier for me though. It's just going to make me question why we couldn't win one with him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I will say though that I hope this move means we're going to be gunning for Paris Campbell in this next draft. I been beating the drum there pretty loud and feel it's appropriate to beat it even more because I believe he'd be the young replacement speedster fitting for taking Cobb's spot.

Day 1 IMPROVEMENT.

GAME CHANGER!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

People have named the movie....yes...."Shawshank Redemption", but written by the great Stephen King.

A-Rod must be catching up on his Netflix in the offseason. :coffee:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#12 weighed in on Instagram about the loss of Cobb.

“I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged...And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend,"

have you been watching the Shawshank Redemption?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a bold statement when you consider, the green mile, stand by me, the shining etc...
All solid contenders

Thankfully they did a good job with those unlike that made for TV junk The Langoliers based off 4 past Midnight. Was excited for that one, very disappointed. I have not seen the movies based on the Dark Tower series yet. Haven't heard much about it, so I'm guessing it wasn't that great. I loved those books though. Started reading that when I was 8th grade when we took a little family trip to VA while my dad was building a big log home there. He didn't finish that series until I was practically in my 40's. It had great potential, but they probably overhollywooded it and made it suck.

Members online

Latest posts