Cobb signs with cowboys

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the thing is who exactly is better than him that's remaining? If it's a money thing then you have me there, but to my recollection last year was when Cobb really fell off the map in regards to injuries. Yes, I'm aware that he's suffered some during the previous years, but nothing that had taken him out for substantial periods of time. In comparison to how many games this year. I don't recall him going on IR.

Then take into account that he's a good return man, has great chemistry with Rodgers, very agile and quick, along with his intelligence on the field, I can't think of anyone that comes in and would fill the void he would leave right away. This is the same thing I warned you guys about when you guys said letting go of Jordy was a good idea, when I felt he could've at least stayed for another year.

If it's the money, then I understand, other than that I'm keeping him personally for a friendly deal.

Cobb has had 15 returns in 4 yrs and is nowhere near what I would call a good return man. Also even if healthy he is a far cry from his '14 or even '15 playing speed. He has good intelligence in the slot but he has trouble clicking with Rodgers now it especially shows due to Rodgers lacking chemistry with most of the younger talent. I hope one of the young kids show more this season, but I would also think the Packers should be looking at someone in the top end of the draft at the same time.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb has had 15 returns in 4 yrs and is nowhere near what I would call a good return man. Also even if healthy he is a far cry from his '14 or even '15 playing speed. He has good intelligence in the slot but he has trouble clicking with Rodgers now it especially shows due to Rodgers lacking chemistry with most of the younger talent. I hope one of the young kids show more this season, but I would also think the Packers should be looking at someone in the top end of the draft at the same time.
That is because Cobb typically wasn't asked to return kicks, but every time he was asked he hardly if ever lost the ball and also when he did return the ball he it was for positive yards.

As for his speed, he certainly looked like he still had a good motor on him when he caught that game winning TD again Chicago when he out ran several defenders. Cobb was never known for his speed, but for his quickness.

And as for chemistry outside of Adam's he's Rodgers' most trusted receivers.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some of you guys might be playing the age card a bit too much when comparing Cobb to Tate right now. Tate would be a fantastic pick up for this offense as he still does possess a lot of ability to get open and make plays. Unfortunately his asking price will probably be higher than Cole Beasley which is a bit too much for us to be paying for this position.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is because Cobb typically wasn't asked to return kicks, but every time he was asked he hardly if ever lost the ball and also when he did return the ball he it was for positive yards.

As for his speed, he certainly looked like he still had a good motor on him when he caught that game winning TD again Chicago when he out ran several defenders. Cobb was never known for his speed, but for his quickness.

And as for chemistry outside of Adam's he's Rodgers' most trusted receivers.

Hard to lose the ball when you only return 15 in 4 yrs. Also pretty hard not to net positive yards on returns. He certainly is not an ideal candidate back there.

He hasn't been very trusted for a few years. He has been lost in the shuffle. Whether that is because he has been dealing with injuries constantly or not I don't know. But clearly he lacked something over the last few seasons. As for the freak play in Chicago in week 1, he didn't exactly outrun defenders more his defender whiffed on the interception and tackle and the safeties were shading Adams. The only guy who really had a chance of tackling him on the other side of the field was a lineman who got blocked. While it was a fun contribution adding to his "Bear killer" nickname, that was really the only flash he had all season.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to lose the ball when you only return 15 in 4 yrs. Also pretty hard not to net positive yards on returns. He certainly is not an ideal candidate back there.

He hasn't been very trusted for a few years. He has been lost in the shuffle. Whether that is because he has been dealing with injuries constantly or not I don't know. But clearly he lacked something over the last few seasons. As for the freak play in Chicago in week 1, he didn't exactly outrun defenders more his defender whiffed on the interception and tackle and the safeties were shading Adams. The only guy who really had a chance of tackling him on the other side of the field was a lineman who got blocked. While it was a fun contribution adding to his "Bear killer" nickname, that was really the only flash he had all season.

How hasn't he been trustworthy for a few years especially in regards to returning kicks and whatnot? Newsflash they didn't put him as kick returner these past few years b/c he's graduated from that role. Why would you put one of your best receivers back there and risk injury unless for emergencies?

As for the TD run in regards to Chicago, sounds to me like you're doing all you can to discredit the guy. Yes the defender missed the ball, but is that Cobb's fault? Then the fact that he had to run 75 yards with about 3-4 defenders on his tail, there were at least two opportunities for The Bears to tackle him but they didn't. That may have been his single main contribution, but your point in regards to his speed is moot as he was no one was able to catch him. As I mentioned before Cobb was never the fastest, but he is very shifty and quick.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How hasn't he been trustworthy for a few years especially in regards to returning kicks and whatnot? Newsflash they didn't put him as kick returner these past few years b/c he's graduated from that role. Why would you put one of your best receivers back there and risk injury unless for emergencies?

As for the TD run in regards to Chicago, sounds to me like you're doing all you can to discredit the guy. Yes the defender missed the ball, but is that Cobb's fault? Then the fact that he had to run 75 yards with about 3-4 defenders on his tail, there were at least two opportunities for The Bears to tackle him but they didn't. That may have been his single main contribution, but your point in regards to his speed is moot as he was no one was able to catch him. As I mentioned before Cobb was never the fastest, but he is very shifty and quick.

I really don't even know why kick return/punt return is even being of much mention? He hasn't been a returner for years.

The catch and run against the Bears was the result of an incredible amount of luck and by no means shows he still has it to be a starter in an offense. He isn't quick anymore. If he was, he would be getting the ball a lot more. Especially when Rodgers doesn't trust anyone on the field besides Adams.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't even know why kick return/punt return is even being of much mention? He hasn't been a returner for years.

The catch and run against the Bears was the result of an incredible amount of luck and by no means shows he still has it to be a starter in an offense. He isn't quick anymore. If he was, he would be getting the ball a lot more. Especially when Rodgers doesn't trust anyone on the field besides Adams.
I bring up the kick returns because typically when he was asked to go back he never costed us bad positioning and was able to perform the task without any issues.

And I swear you guys are bringing up the whole "luck" thing in regards to the TD run. That "luck" you guys are talking about has to deal with Rodgers as it was a risky throw that could've been picked off, but it didn't. There was no "luck" in Cobb running 75 yards down the field and evading tackles to score a TD. Sounds like a crutch if you ask me.

Also I checked that link and that was in regards to Tyrell Williams, not Cobb being picked up by the Raiders, unless you were talking about him.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bring up the kick returns because typically when he was asked to go back he never costed us bad positioning and was able to perform the task without any issues.

And I swear you guys are bringing up the whole "luck" thing in regards to the TD run. That "luck" you guys are talking about has to deal with Rodgers as it was a risky throw that could've been picked off, but it didn't. There was no "luck" in Cobb running 75 yards down the field and evading tackles to score a TD. Sounds like a crutch if you ask me.

Also I checked that link and that was in regards to Tyrell Williams, not Cobb being picked up by the Raiders, unless you were talking about him.

I mean it really was largely a lot of luck. Great play by him but he mostly ran in open space because his defender whiffed. He didn't really even evade any tackles until the end. If it wasn't luck Cobb would have been blowing by defenses all season.

Shaggy was asking about Williams.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean it really was largely a lot of luck. Great play by him but he mostly ran in open space because his defender whiffed. He didn't really even evade any tackles until the end. If it wasn't luck Cobb would have been blowing by defenses all season.
The dude still had to run 75 yards with people chasing him, open space or not. And there were at least two times a tackle could've been made on him. But somehow I'm being made to believe that Cobb's speed is an issue? Look. I simply think the dude has plenty of game left in him and that it would be a mistake simply to let him go. We made that mistake last year with Jordy Nelson and now I fear we'll be doing the same with Cobb. I didn't see enough from the new receivers to where I can say with certainty we can move on from Cobb and the void would be filled.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was that speed/agility in the other 8 games he played last season? You want him back because in 1/9 games he posted over 50 yards? The dude is done.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was that speed/agility in the other 8 games he played last season? You want him back because in 1/9 games he posted over 50 yards? The dude is done.
The entire offense was in disarray, plus he wasn't fully healed in regards to his injury. That's like expecting Rodgers to play to full form last season in spite of his injury. Gimme a break! Guarantee if he averages over 800-1000+ yards this year, people are going to be saying, damn we shouldn't have let him go.

I feel most of you are being prisoners of the moment. You did it with Jordy, and now you're doing it with Cobb.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will most definitely come back and apologize if Cobb does that. Highly unlikely though. And I am not doing that with Jordy either. Even when he became the primary fixture of the Raiders offense he wasn't super effective.

And not fully healed in regards to injury? You weren't talking about his injury after game 1....

Reaction score
As said earlier i like Campbell, Samuel or Mclaurin etc.. as some alternatives. Rodgers could have any one of these guys catching 600+ yards year one. Cobb won’t surpass that by much anymore (maybe 750+) and he will likely be out 3+ games, plus he’s in the overall decline.
Unless he’s willing to sign a 1 yr/2.5M type deal.. he’s too risky
This draft is loaded with good slot guys all the way into the 5-6th rounds that would normally be picked top 125.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't make a mistake with Jordy. He absolutely disappeared when Rodgers went down and he didn't exactly light it up last year either. If we would have paid him 10 million last year it wouldn't have been remotely worth it.

I've always liked Cobb but he has been affected by injury just too often has shown steady decline practically 3 straight seasons. He plays thru injury a lot, but it affects him. His shoulder that one year, then an ankle, then hamstring, then concussion. I don't even know how he got hurt last year and it was in practice. He had the big catch against the Bears, followed it up with a bad game the next week with a couple of big time drops and then was out for like half a season. Came back and looked old and slow, was definitely not ready to come back. A couple weeks later he looked better and by then our season was done.

how much do you want to invest in a guy that can't stay healthy?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't make a mistake with Jordy. He absolutely disappeared when Rodgers went down and he didn't exactly light it up last year either. If we would have paid him 10 million last year it wouldn't have been remotely worth it.
That was one year, and that was with Brett Hundley behind center. Outside of Devante, everyone suffered. Have you seen how inaccurate the dude was? Devante was his prefered target as he had better chemistry with him in comparison to others. And somehow this is Jordy's fault? C'mon man. The previous year Jordy had over 1000 yard catches, and before Rodgers went down he was leading in TDS in the league if I'm not mistaken. One bad year in which we had a ###### backup was all it took for everyone to say, "yeah Jordy doesn't have it anymore?" Seriously?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe now is the time to bring Jordy back to close his career out on a very team friendly deal. After trading for Antonio Brown and signing FA WR Tyrell Williams, it sounds like the Raiders may release Jordy.

While I don't think Jordy is the missing link, he would be the 2nd or 3rd best WR on a team with very young depth and could play the slot. Might also provide some good leadership to bring these young guys further along.

I would hate to see what the Packer offense looked like if god forbid Davante Adams went down for any period of time.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was one year, and that was with Brett Hundley behind center. Outside of Devante, everyone suffered. Have you seen how inaccurate the dude was? Devante was his prefered target as he had better chemistry with him in comparison to others. And somehow this is Jordy's fault? C'mon man. The previous year Jordy had over 1000 yard catches, and before Rodgers went down he was leading in TDS in the league if I'm not mistaken. One bad year in which we had a ###### backup was all it took for everyone to say, "yeah Jordy doesn't have it anymore?" Seriously?

That was my biggest issue with cutting Jordy, maybe they were going to cut him for cap reasons or whatever, that's fine. But the fact that everyone shat on him and said he was losing it and blahblahblah, he had6 TDs in the first 5 games with Rodgers and that that POS Hundley came in and he had about 5 targets a game. WTF did you expect from him? And they cut him and held that season against him.

I'm heated all over again.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care. Adams didn't drop off, and if you NEED rodgers to be throwing you the ball, you don't get 10 million dollars. He didn't just fall off, he fell right **** out of sight.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe now is the time to bring Jordy back to close his career out on a very team friendly deal. After trading for Antonio Brown and signing FA WR Tyrell Williams, it sounds like the Raiders may release Jordy.

While I don't think Jordy is he missing link, but quite honestly, he would be the 2nd or 3rd best WR on a team with very young depth.

I would hate to see what the Packer offense looked like if god forbid Davante Adams went down for any period of time.
Wouldn't we have to trade for Jordy though? Unless the Raiders cut him. But what you said in regards to Adams going down is exactly why I feel we should bring Cobb back. Well one of the reasons anyways.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care. Adams didn't drop off, and if you NEED rodgers to be throwing you the ball, you don't get 10 million dollars. He didn't just fall off, he fell right **** out of sight.
It's kinda hard when either A. The ball isn't being thrown to you or B. The ball isn't thrown accurately for you to make a grab at it. Don't put this on Jordy! As I mentioned Jordy was leading the league in TDs prior to Rodgers going down, and somehow you're saying it's his fault when the backup QB couldn't play for ####? C'mon man, everyone suffered not just him.

All it took was one "bad" year in comparison to all the good years he's had prior to that with a horrible QB, and you guys were ready to get rid of him. I believe the saying goes, with friends like you, who needs enemies? Why don't we get rid of Rodgers then if that's all it takes.