Cobb signs with cowboys

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have more quality WRs than we can keep right now. Cobb should not be retained, and we certainly should not pick up another free agent.
Sure would like to see a real slot receiver. i.e., short and very quick with excellent hands. I just believe that would really open up the offense.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because you tell me something doesn't mean I feel obligated to agree with you. Allison averaged more receptions and yards per game than Nelson in 2018. BTW who were the three options ahead of him on the Raiders last season???

Once again, currently Nelson is probably a better wide receiver than any of the young ones currently on the roster but there's hope that at least one of them develops enough to surpass a regressing Jordy by the end of this season.

Addressing your first point in regards to being obligated to agree with me, with respect, like Duh with a capital D dude. Where exactly did I say you needed to agree with me again? I'm pretty sure I didn't indicate anywhere that you had to.

As for receiving yards perception as you're throwing out there? That's not saying much considering he couldn't finish the season.

As for the OPTIONS there were, there were Martavis Bryant before he was suspended, Amari Cooper when he was there, Jared Cook, Jalen Richards (their running back) would sometime have more receiving yards, and on occasions Seth Robert. As the season winded down Jordy was able to be targeted more due to the numbers of receivers dwindling.

I've already explained my reason as to why I think we should resign Jordy, and at this point I'm tired of repeating myself so revert back to my previous posts. Oh and just so we're clear. No, just because I said something doesn't mean you have to agree with me?

D

Deleted member 6794

Addressing your first point in regards to being obligated to agree with me, with respect, like Duh with a capital D dude. Where exactly did I say you needed to agree with me again? I'm pretty sure I didn't indicate anywhere that you had to.

As for the OPTIONS there were, there were Martavis Bryant before he was suspended, Amari Cooper when he was there, Jared Cook, Jalen Richards (their running back) would sometime have more receiving yards, and on occasions Seth Robert. As the season winded down Jordy was able to be targeted more due to the numbers of receivers dwindling.

You definitely indicated that because you told me so there's no way I could disagree with you.

Nelson isn't that great of a receiver anymore if Bryant, Cook, Richards and Roberts all presented better options in the Raiders offense.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You definitely indicated that because you told me so there's no way I could disagree with you.
Where did I say that? I'm looking back at my reply to you in which you said that Jordy didn't produce enough, in which I had stated previously that wasn't case, as he produced more in comparison to our current receivers outside of Devante. I didn't say anything about that being "no way you could disagree with me. I simply refuted your argument.

That's on you on how you interpreted what I said, which I find odd as I didn't indicate anything of the sort, but simply countered your original point in regards to you saying Jordy didn't produce enough on the field to bring him back, to which I brought up what I had stated previously.

Simply because I refuted what you said, doesn't mean you're obligated to agree with me, but if it's something you believe to be true, then it would behoove you to defend it, when someone brings up evidence that leads to the contrary of what you said, as it would buffer their point, and not yours. And if you interpreted that way then that's on you. I didn't say anything about there being now way you could disagree with me, but merely stated that because I literally just brought up evidence that contradicted what you said in regards to Jordy, and especially comparing them to our current corps. If you didn't agree a point I made, refute it, just as I did with you. That's basic debating 101.

Nelson isn't that great of a receiver anymore if Bryant, Cook, Richards and Roberts all presented better options in the Raiders offense.
That may be and yet he ultimately had a better season in comparison to 3 out of the 4 players when it was all said and done. Cook being the only exception. And again definitely better than what most our receivers had outside of Devante.

D

Deleted member 6794

Simply because I refuted what you said, doesn't mean you're obligated to agree with me, but if it's something you believe to be true, then it would behoove you to defend it, when someone brings up evidence that leads to the contrary of what you said, as it would buffer their point, and not yours. I didn't say anything about there being now way you could disagree with me, but merely stated that because I literally just brought up evidence that contradicted what you said in regards to Jordy, and especially comparing them to our current corps.

That may be and yet he ultimately had a better season in comparison to 3 out of the 4 players when it was all said and done. Cook being the only exception. And again definitely better than what most our receivers had outside of Devante.

You didn't bring up any evidence though. Once again, Allison was more productive than Nelson on a per game and snap basis.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't bring up any evidence though. Once again, Allison was more productive than Nelson on a per game and snap basis.
Yes I did. You simply chose to ignore it apparently.

And you know what in regards to the Allison vs Jordy thing you're talking, that's like saying someone won a race after getting a head start, but couldn't finish for whatever, while the opposing opponent covered more ground and finished the race. No way in hell did Allison have a better year than Jordy. He may have been productive at the beginning, but considering he was the #2 option in comparison to Jordy not being a higher option until later, doesn't mean that Allison had the better season.

Reaction score
I don’t want Cobb back. The Packers need to get over this thing they do where they sign guys who are often hurt. As much as I liked Cobb the person, his production dropped big time his last couple season...even when he was able to play.

Also same for Jordy Nelson as much as we all like him as a person and player

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t want Cobb back. The Packers need to get over this thing they do where they sign guys who are often hurt. As much as I liked Cobb the person, his production dropped big time his last couple season...even when he was able to play. I would’ve loveD Cordarelle Patterson as his replacement, but those damn Bears!!
I think this new leadership is proving it is different

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes I did. You simply chose to ignore it apparently.

Actually Allison put up significantly better numbers than Nelson per game but you continue to completely ignore that. In addition Jordy having more receptions and yards than the Packers youngsters doesn't mean that will continue that way in 2019 with him being on the decline while MVS, EQ, Kumerow and Moore have a chance to imrpove.

And you know what in regards to the Allison vs Jordy thing you're talking, that's like saying someone won a race after getting a head start, but couldn't finish for whatever, while the opposing opponent covered more ground and finished the race. No way in hell did Allison have a better year than Jordy. He may have been productive at the beginning, but considering he was the #2 option in comparison to Jordy not being a higher option until later, doesn't mean that Allison had the better season.

Allison didn't have a better season than Nelson because injuries forced him to end the season on IR. He showed the ability to be a productive starting receiver though.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Allison put up significantly better numbers than Nelson per game but you continue to completely ignore that. In addition Jordy having more receptions and yards than the Packers youngsters doesn't mean that will continue that way in 2019 with him being on the decline while MVS, EQ, Kumerow and Moore have a chance to imrpove.

Allison didn't have a better season than Nelson because injuries forced him to end the season on IR. He showed the ability to be a productive starting receiver though.

I was going to let this thing go when Janis brought it up, but I don't think Allison had a better season than Cobb, especially when Cobb played in almost double the games Allison did. Cobb finished with a slight better season. Granted he played in more games, but simply because an individual starts out pretty well in a race doesn't mean they won because of where they stopped at, when the opposing racer managed to go farther before stopping. So going back to what you said regarding Allison having better than Nelson, interesting you say he was more productive when he played in only 5 games as to Jordy who played an entire season. I didn't ignore it, that was just a weak argument. Jordy had a better season than Allison, it's ignorant to say otherwise.

And that's Jordy's problem how exactly? You're projecting that Allison would've had a better season based off a presumption. I find it funny and ironic that the 34 washed up receiver lasted longer and was able to finish the season.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy crap.. Can we stop the Jordy debate already?

Seriously do it in ***.. I think most here are tired of it

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy crap.. Can we stop the Jordy debate already?

Seriously do it in ***.. I think most here are tired of it
In regards to what I said in the other thread, I see your point now. Sorry dude. Looks like we got carried away. ^_^U

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Back when Rodgers had a few weapons to choose from.....and yes, I am fully expecting Brandon to weigh in. :cool:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Somehow I knew that was going to happen. I was just waiting for confirmation.
It’s ok, he’s just not very reliable injury wise. I’m liking Brandon’s boy more and more. I hope he slides some

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts