CHFF take on the Pack

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree with the fact we did have a glaring weakness and that was the defense which showed up in the post-season. Need to get pressure on the QB this year. Also I'm feeling ill...send the nurse.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010, the Packers recorded 47 sacks in 2010 against a 2011 total 29. The number of sacks themselves doesn’t mean as much but it does reflect that the Packers were much less effective in pressuring opposing quarterbacks in 2011.

It all comes down to points on the board and no statistic tells the story of the decline of Green Bay's defense better than scoring. Even with all the injuries the Packers had to overcome in 2010, they still finished the season No. 2 league-wide in scoring defense (15.0 PPG) on their way to a victory in Super Bowl XLV. The Packers tumbled to 19th in scoring defense in 2011 (22.4 PPG), more than a full touchdown per game worse than in their championship season.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did they sell out?
my understanding was they were bought by a bigger website and that's the reason they charge.

All the stats they keep you have to pay for now and they got rid of the old forum they had which was pretty good.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it is the FA part of the season and we would all like to see moves I have felt that the key to 2012 is improvement across the board over FA's making a big difference. I can't name a defensive player that had a better year in '11 than the way they played in '10. NONE.
If these guys don't all play better in '12 how much difference will a FA or two make? They may play better than the guy they take over for but if the other nine or ten guys don't take this personally and get their heads out of their butts it won't mean a SB. I think PRIDE will play a big role in how these guys all come back this year and I know they all agree that none of them reached any personal or team goals last year on that side of the ball. Even the Pro-Bowlers know they got to Hawii by rep and not by production in '11. I love CM3 and Raji but Pro-Bowl seasons? Give me a break.
I hope those guys are working out right now and saying to themselves, "I want to go back to the big island again but this time I want to DESERVE it". That right there is what will get us back to the SB.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I disagree with the author about is the old Aaron Rodgers can't bring the team back from the brink of defeat. But that's a dead horse already so no sense getting into it. Overall, I would say a pretty accurate depiction of 2011 and a very well thought out projection for the future.

Reaction score
We were 15-1 with a crappy defense, not just that, but blowing people out by winning games by a 13 point average....
Get our D better, we're probably making a strong run at 19-0

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I disagree with the author about is the old Aaron Rodgers can't bring the team back from the brink of defeat. But that's a dead horse already so no sense getting into it. Overall, I would say a pretty accurate depiction of 2011 and a very well thought out projection for the future.

I agree. It's hard to "come from behind" when your team is always winning.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense lost the Giants game. The defense played as badly as they did all season, and we still win if we don't fumble or drop passes. Still, they are right on about the defense, and I hope Ted and his braintrust use 8 of the 12 picks coming up on defense. I love CHFF and didn't realize they now have a pay site. Great statistics.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
As great as our offense is they can't maintain the current level of scoring forever. You are bound to have an off game such as the Giants game. You need help from the defensive side of the ball. With a good defense the offense has more possessions and thus giving you a better chance to have a higher score. If the defense was strong against the Giants we would have had more chances to score. Eli would been sitting down instead of scoring touchdowns. Go Ted give us some good players.

Members online

Latest posts