Calvin Pryor cut

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember a lot of fans wanted Pryor over Ha Ha that year. Pryor picked at #18, Ha Ha at 21, Manziel at 22, Bortles at #3. Draft is pretty much a crap shoot I guess, although we all knew Bortles and Manziel were real reaches.

Hue Jackson announced Thursday that safety Calvin Pryor has been released.

Jackson said the release was due to an “internal matter” but NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo report that his sudden departure is over a fight with receiver Ricardo Louis in practice. Pryor was not at practice on Thursday.

Pryor was not expected to start in the defensive backfield, falling behind rookie Jabril Peppers and second-year player Derrick Kindred.

The Jets took Pryor in the first round of the 2014 draft but his performance was underwhelming.

H

HardRightEdge

I remember a lot of fans wanted Pryor over Ha Ha that year. Pryor picked at #18, Ha Ha at 21, Manziel at 22, Bortles at #3. Draft is pretty much a crap shoot I guess, although we all knew Bortles and Manziel were real reaches.

Hue Jackson announced Thursday that safety Calvin Pryor has been released.

Jackson said the release was due to an “internal matter” but NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo report that his sudden departure is over a fight with receiver Ricardo Louis in practice. Pryor was not at practice on Thursday.

Pryor was not expected to start in the defensive backfield, falling behind rookie Jabril Peppers and second-year player Derrick Kindred.

The Jets took Pryor in the first round of the 2014 draft but his performance was underwhelming.

A single fight in practice does not sound like a compelling or sufficient reason. More a like a final straw, with some number of past incidents of one kind or another.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet if this was WR Corey Coleman or RB Isiah Crowell getting into a fight with this guy they wouldn't have been cut.

I bet you're right, just like I bet if Mike Daniels had the off the field issues that Letroy Guion had, we would have been a little more patient with him.

Bubble guys have to be on their best behavior. If you're easily replaceable, better not give them a reason to replace you. Goes for any team.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I heard Pryor was cut I also thought back to the 2014 draft. The 3 DB's selected in front of Ha Ha have sucked.

CB Justin Gilbert to Browns at #8.
CB Kyle Fuller to Bears at #14
S Calvin Pryor to Jets at #18

Ha Ha at 21.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I heard Pryor was cut I also thought back to the 2014 draft. The 3 DB's selected in front of Ha Ha have sucked.

CB Justin Gilbert to Browns at #8.
CB Kyle Fuller to Bears at #14
S Calvin Pryor to Jets at #18

Ha Ha at 21.
TT strikes again

D

Deleted member 6794

TT strikes again

Thompson deserves credit for selecting Clinton-Dix in the first round of the 2014 draft but there's no doubt HHCD was the obvious choice to be made at that point.

OP
OP
D

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson deserves credit for selecting Clinton-Dix in the first round of the 2014 draft but there's no doubt HHCD was the obvious choice to be made at that point.
I agree. We were desperate for a DB. As a TT supporter in general, I tell myself he would have taken Ha Ha over Pryor even if both were still on the board. Personnel "experts" (and thankfully the Jets) had mixed ideas on which of them was better. Funny how bad picks are made by all teams, given the time and resources they put into evaluations.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree. We were desperate for a DB.

Actually the Packers were desperate for a safety entering the 2014 draft. I was advocating for the team to draft Clinton-Dix for several months that offseason.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts