If you draft this guy??

D

Deleted member 6794

How can you say he cant' get off blocks when he hasn't even had the opportunity in the NFL to do it yet.

If that´s your thinking process we should stop talking about the draft immediately as none of those guys had a chance to prove anything in the NFL so far.

I will roll the dice on Shazier over Brad Jones any day. Jones is soft and mostly a liability inside. Jones and Burnett both need to be replaced. Otherwise they will be targeted and if you don't believe me go back and watch the tape.

I agree that Jones has to be replaced, but not by Shazier though. Burnett will be fine at SS as long as paired with a solid FS.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well Seahawks D got a little softer at interior D-line. They wont sack Rodgers 8 times this game and you cant even compare Pack running game to the team that played Seahawks last time

I agree the Packers running game is way better than in 2012. You´re wrong about the Seahawks D-line though as they have added Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril and Tony McDaniel since the Fail Mary game and Brandon Mbane has developed into a great player in the meantime.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If that´s your thinking process we should stop talking about the draft immediately as none of those guys had a chance to prove anything in the NFL so far.

I agree that Jones has to be replaced, but not by Shazier though. Burnett will be fine at SS as long as paired with a solid FS.

No. Everyone has a right to share what they think a player projects or doesn't project.
I agree the Packers running game is way better than in 2012. You´re wrong about the Seahawks D-line though as they have added Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril and Tony McDaniel since the Fail Mary game and Brandon Mbane has developed into a great player in the meantime.

and none of them played more then 60 percent of the snaps in a game last year.

D

Deleted member 6794

and none of them played more then 60 percent of the snaps in a game last year.

True, but they will probably add 2013 third round pick Jordan Hill and fifth round pick Jesse Williams to the rotation and can add another guy in this year´s draft.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Based on what is available at 21 I think the discussion should be "trading back" and what options are in mid -second to 4th round.
True, but they will probably add 2013 third round pick Jordan Hill and fifth round pick Jesse Williams to the rotation and can add another guy in this year´s draft.[/quote

Maybe Hill. Williams is "damaged goods." That would be like us counting on Sherrod.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe Hill. Williams is "damaged goods." That would be like us counting on Sherrod.

None of them had an injury similar to the one Sherrod suffered. It´s always fun when fans thinking second year players on the Packers will take a huge step forward from their rookie season but would never agree that will work for other teams as well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
None of them had an injury similar to the one Sherrod suffered. It´s always fun when fans thinking second year players on the Packers will take a huge step forward from their rookie season but would never agree that will work for other teams as well.

Two knee injuries and surgeries on same knee for a DL usually doesn't have a happy ending. Seahawks have there own problems.

D

Deleted member 6794

Two knee injuries and surgeries on same knee for a DL usually doesn't have a happy ending. Seahawks have there own problems.

Agreed. But if he´s able to stay healthy Williams was considered a first round talent before last year´s draft.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If Sherrod could be a better swing tackle then Newhouse was I would be happy at this point.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Getting back to the draft and pick no.21, If a guy like Mosley isn't there I think you trade back because there there is a lot of comparable prospects to be gotten in 2nd and 3rd and maybe 4th. If one or two of those QB's fall to 21 I think there are teams that would trade up to get one. If your TT why not get yourself another shot to hit if the prospects are somewhat comparable in upcoming rounds?

D

Deleted member 6794

Getting back to the draft and pick no.21, If a guy like Mosley isn't there I think you trade back because there there is a lot of comparable prospects to be gotten in 2nd and 3rd and maybe 4th. If one or two of those QB's fall to 21 I think there are teams that would trade up to get one. If your TT why not get yourself another shot to hit if the prospects are somewhat comparable in upcoming rounds?

If none of Mosley, Clinton-Dix and Pryor are there at #21 I´m totally fine with Thompson trading back.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If none of Mosley, Clinton-Dix and Pryor are there at #21 I´m totally fine with Thompson trading back.

I don't see Dix or Pryor being there. Too many teams need a safety. How about trading up for Mosley if only a few spots?

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't see Dix or Pryor being there. Too many teams need a safety. How about trading up for Mosley if only a few spots?

I would be fine with trading up for either Mosley or Clinton-Dix if our third round pick would be enough to do it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I would be fine with trading up for either Mosley or Clinton-Dix if our third round pick would be enough to do it.

Isn't it a little concerning to you the current and recent record or Bama DB's reaching there potential in NFL?

D

Deleted member 6794

Isn't it a little concerning to you the current and recent record or Bama DB's reaching there potential in NFL?

No, the only thing I´m interested in is that Clinton-Dix is the best free safety in the draft. Lacy worked out pretty well for us afer Ingram and Richardson didn´t for their respective teams.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No, the only thing I´m interested in is that Clinton-Dix is the best free safety in the draft. Lacy worked out pretty well for us afer Ingram and Richardson didn´t for their respective teams.

Yeah but Lacy is such a different type of back then those two guys. I mean he is unique. I don't see anything real unique with Dix that merits a first round pick. Lacy dropped because of injury concerns. It will be interesting to see in a few years what Dix does. I think he is a good player but I am just not sold. I think Brooks has more upside and can be gotten later.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah but Lacy is such a different type of back then those two guys. I mean he is unique. I don't see anything real unique with Dix that merits a first round pick. Lacy dropped because of injury concerns. It will be interesting to see in a few years what Dix does. I think he is a good player but I am just not sold. I think Brooks has more upside and can be gotten later.

IMO Clinton-Dix will turn into a solid contributor at FS, don´t expect him to turn into a superstar though. I would be perfectly fine with drafting Mosley in the first and Brooks in the second round.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
IMO Clinton-Dix will turn into a solid contributor at FS, don´t expect him to turn into a superstar though. I would be perfectly fine with drafting Mosley in the first and Brooks in the second round.

That would be sweet if they got Mosley and Brooks.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw an article on Larry Webster. Anybody know anything about him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HardRightEdge

Just saw an article on Larry Webster. Anybody know anything about him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2027386/larry-webster

There seems to be some question as to whether he projects as a TE, 4-3 DE or LB. That can happen with guys who played one year of football in Division II. His father was an 11 year NFL DE; junior (or is it III) played 4 years of college basketball, the trendy training ground for TEs.

Likely a multi-year project before you know what you've got. Practice squad material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Latest posts