Calling Myself Out....

Reaction score
I thought that when Mike Neal came back from an early injury he was gonna propel our Defense to the next level, or at least a Nick Perry type performer. I even bragged to another Division rival “just wait until Neal comes back!”
He peaked in 2013 with
5.0 sacks 1INT and 1 FF but never blossomed to be that double digit sack guy I had hoped.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that when Mike Neal came back from an early injury he was gonna propel our Defense to the next level, or at least a Nick Perry type performer. I even bragged to another Division rival “just wait until Neal comes back!”
He peaked in 2013 with
5.0 sacks 1INT and 1 FF but never blossomed to be that double digit sack guy I had hoped.
Way too much juice in his body to hold up. I thought when he moved from DL to OLB and maybe he wouldn't have to use so many PED's to stay there it might help him, but he got to where he was with a lot of help. Sooner or later that stuff takes its toll.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved the Spriggs pick at the time. Thought he would be very good. Hasn't quite worked out for me yet.

Reaction score
Loved the Spriggs pick at the time. Thought he would be very good. Hasn't quite worked out for me yet.
Yeah. Isn’t it interesting how a 6th round Kyle Murphy totally outplayed Spriggs until his injury.
Let’s hope Spriggs just needs to adapt, after trading 2 picks for him including a 2nd rounder we can’t afford for him to flop.

H

HardRightEdge

I thought House would be a pretty big upgrade in the secondary. Pass me a dozen please...
He's played somewhat better than I thought he would.
"We will be reminded every week how good Favre is...once he's gone," I'd say sounding like a long distraught Bears' fan.
And we were reminded of that for years after every (losing) week from the many Favre deadenders. Then there were Jennings and Driver resurrecting that old bitterness. The distraught Bears fans missed the interceptions. So where were you wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Rodgers was going to be a bust...until that Dallas game when he came in for Favre. That's when I knew he was the future.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah. Isn’t it interesting how a 6th round Kyle Murphy totally outplayed Spriggs until his injury.
Let’s hope Spriggs just needs to adapt, after trading 2 picks for him including a 2nd rounder we can’t afford for him to flop.

Wouldn't that be "traded 3 picks including our 2nd rounder?" Or you could go with "cost us a second round pick plus 2 additional picks."

But I think some of us already debated this :whistling:

I never knew how Spriggs would turn out, but I didn't like the pick at the time given Bahk and Bulaga were our starters and we locked Bahk into a big contract that same year, would have rather had 3 guys instead of just 1.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be "traded 3 picks including our 2nd rounder?" Or you could go with "cost us a second round pick plus 2 additional picks."

But I think some of us already debated this :whistling:

I never knew how Spriggs would turn out, but I didn't like the pick at the time given Bahk and Bulaga were our starters, would have rather had 3 guys instead of just 1.
pot stirring lol

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
pot stirring lol

Way to call me out.......I did exactly what I asked not to happen.......more egg on my face!! Thank you. But I just can't let that debate go!! ;)

Wait until someone brings up how they thought that Janis was going to be a Pro Bowler, you might need to take my keyboard away from me! :eek:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to call me out.......I did exactly what I asked not to happen.......more egg on my face!! Thank you. But I just can't let that debate go!! ;)

Wait until someone brings up how they thought that Janis was going to be a Pro Bowler, you might need to take my keyboard away from me! :eek:
I see he is still out there on punt coverage.... Maybe he is a late bloomer... I think he is due for a few TDs on forced fumbles lols

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I see he is still out there on punt coverage.... Maybe he is a late bloomer... I think he is due for a few TDs on forced fumbles lols

I think Janis could end up being a HOF'er myself :)

*Bites his lip* "I will not talk about Jeff Janis in this thread....I will not talk about Jeff........"

:x3::x3::x3::x3::x3: Fire Capers!

H

HardRightEdge

Isn't it interesting how McCray, a UDFA out of the Arena league, has played better in money games than either of those guys in preseason? And it's not even close.

Members online

Latest posts