Calling Myself Out....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sometimes we like to gloat about the "I told you so moments" that some of us post here.

I thought it would be fun to reverse that, how about all those calls you get wrong?

I don't want each post to turn into a "fire capers" or a 2 page follow up on that decision. I want to hear some honest "what I was wrong about" statements.

I will be the first to take the egg to his face on one of those for me.

Eddie Lacy. I thought it was a big mistake to let the guy go. Figured he would finally balloon (pun intended) to that back that he showed at times.

Decent contract with Seattle and he is at 48 carries for 128 yds. average of 2.7 yds and no TD's

Toss me that egg!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought Martellus Bennett would of been a fantastic grab but alas all he turned out to be was Paddle Hands and a drama queen...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I thought Martellus Bennett would of been a fantastic grab but alas all he turned out to be was Paddle Hands and a drama queen...

One egg coming right up....for me as well! :D

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ditto me on the Bennett egg. Not so much on Lacy. I didn't really want him to go but that was more because I wasn't that confident in who else we had or would get rather than on how good I thought he would be.

I wonder if anyone will mention Jeff Janis.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I thought releasing josh sitton was a huge mistake, but Lane Taylor really surprised me. Don’t miss Sitton at all really.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes we like to gloat about the "I told you so moments" that some of us post here.

I thought it would be fun to reverse that, how about all those calls you get wrong?

I don't want each post to turn into a "fire capers" or a 2 page follow up on that decision. I want to hear some honest "what I was wrong about" statements.

I will be the first to take the egg to his face on one of those for me.

Eddie Lacy. I thought it was a big mistake to let the guy go. Figured he would finally balloon (pun intended) to that back that he showed at times.

Decent contract with Seattle and he is at 48 carries for 128 yds. average of 2.7 yds and no TD's

Toss me that egg!

No.. No PB2000 you're never wrong about the Packers or their players. You know EVERYTHING!! :)

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh. Lacy only has a 2.7 yard average? 48 carries for 128 yards? Ok, maybe you we're wrong... But I won't throw an egg at you. I'll make you Bacon, eggs, hashbrown breakfast!!

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wrong in thinking and saying the defense would step up the first time Rodgers was hurt.....but,instead they gave up 8 minute plus drives to Napoleon Dynamite and the Eagles just to name one team. And I thought we would handle Atlanta in the NFCCG last year. Let down by my optimism and Green/Gold glasses the D would step up

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my post from May, 2016 regarding the Jason Spriggs pick :

" I suspect Bakh will get free agent offers above his value and will be gone, and Spriggs will likely be a better and cheaper option beginning in 2017. As you say, time will sort it out but I really like the Spriggs pick. "

Also, I thought MM would give up jelly donuts in 2016.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thankfully I forget most of the times I'm wrong, repressed memories if you will.

Just this year, Bennett. Didn't see that coming. Thought he might be a big mouth, but I love a big blocking TE than can catch and breaks tackles for breakfast. Nailed that one
Thought Brice might make them think twice about whos starting at safety. Thought Montgomery was going to really pose a match up problem and dual threat out of the backfield and he can't even stay on the field for back to back series it seems. I thought our interior Dline would provide a lot of push helping out our pass rush by pushing the pocket, turns out our pass rush is worse. Thought Datone Jones was going to be a player for the Vikings after they picked him up. I'm sure i've had more, and better misses than I can remember right now. Like I said repressed memories.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My two big ones... I was done with Davante Adams after all the drops two years ago.... he has since turned out to be a very god receiver..... glad to have been wrong.

My second ....is still unresolved. I have never been a Hundley supporter and have very publicly stated as much. I'm currently hoping to be proven wrong.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Oh. Lacy only has a 2.7 yard average? 48 carries for 128 yards? Ok, maybe you we're wrong... But I won't throw an egg at you. I'll make you Bacon, eggs, hashbrown breakfast!!

THIS was worth the egg in the face and being wrong so many times! :whistling:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I thought I was wrong once...but... I was wrong.:unsure: Here is a biggie:

My son, now 28, was a huge fan of Aaron Rodgers from the day he was drafted. "Hall of Famer" the boy said. Year two he said Favre should be traded...Rodgers was a Hall of Famer. Kid never gave up that mantra. I told him he was nuts and basing his belief on air. "We will be reminded every week how good Favre is...once he's gone," I'd say sounding like a long distraught Bears' fan.

I'd like mine sunny side up, please and thank you.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I was wrong once...but... I was wrong.:unsure: Here is a biggie:

My son, now 28, was a huge fan of Aaron Rodgers from the day he was drafted. "Hall of Famer" the boy said. Year two he said Favre should be traded...Rodgers was a Hall of Famer. Kid never gave up that mantra. I told him he was nuts and basing his belief on air. "We will be reminded every week how good Favre is...once he's gone," I'd say sounding like a long distraught Bears' fan.

I'd like mine sunny side up, please and thank you.
I will admit to that as well. After year 1, I was like, "I hope they see something with that kid, because I don't" Year 2 wasn't a lot better, but in year 3 I was sold that he'd at least be a decent NFL QB. So does that count as 3 eggs for me?

Members online

Latest posts