Reaction score
I'm thinking:

1) Green Bay
2) Atlanta
3) Arizona
4) NY Giants
5) Carolina
6) Minnesota

I don't like Atlanta more than Carolina, but their stretch schedule is insanely easy.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm thinking:

1) Green Bay
2) Atlanta
3) Arizona
4) NY Giants
5) Carolina
6) Minnesota

I don't like Atlanta more than Carolina, but their stretch schedule is insanely easy.

Aside of facing the Packers Carolina's schedule isn't any tougher.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Panthers host Indy and us, Redskins, Falcons, Bucs. At Tennessee, Dallas, N.O, Atlanta, Giants. I see a likely 12-4 with losses vs us, Dallas (Dez and Romo will be back), NYG, and one against Atlanta.

Atlanta gets Tampa, Indy, Minnesota, Carolina, and N.O at home where they play much better typically, and goes to San Fran, Carolina, Jacksonville, and Tampa.

Really hard to see more than 2 losses in Atlanta's schedule although they did not look great on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 6794

Panthers host Indy and us, Redskins, Falcons, Bucs. At Tennessee, Dallas, N.O, Atlanta, Giants. I see a likely 12-4 with losses vs us, Dallas (Dez and Romo will be back), NYG, and one against Atlanta.

Atlanta gets Tampa, Indy, Minnesota, Carolina, and N.O at home where they play much better typically, and goes to San Fran, Carolina, Jacksonville, and Tampa.

Really hard to see more than 2 losses in Atlanta's schedule although they did not look great on Sunday.

I think Carolina will win both games against Atlanta. Even if Romo returns for the Cowboys Thanksgiving game vs. the Panthers I expect him to be rusty his first game back.

IMO Carolina presents the Packers toughest challenge for the #1 seed in the NFC. That's why winning in Charlotte is pretty important.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Carolina, any chance that game gets flexed into the Sunday night slot? I'd at least assume that Fox would make it America's Game of the Week for a 4:25 kickoff

D

Deleted member 6794

Speaking of Carolina, any chance that game gets flexed into the Sunday night slot? I'd at least assume that Fox would make it America's Game of the Week for a 4:25 kickoff

It's possible the NFL could move the game to Sunday night but not to a 4:25 PM start. The league would have to announce it by tomorrow though.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And bump the Cowboys out of that timeslot? No way the Cowboys/Eagles game is not in the spotlight.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm working 1:30-9:30 that day and can catch the first half with it being at noon, or the second half if it's the late one. So I 100% expect them to flex it to 3:30.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And bump the Cowboys out of that timeslot? No way the Cowboys/Eagles game is not in the spotlight.

I'm sure you're right. The Cowboys fan base alone is a huge draw for SNF, and it's a rivalry game. But the NFC East is just so bad this year. I'd imagine that 9 out 10 non-partisan NFL fans would rather watch two potentially undefeated teams than two middling teams. Anyway, I guess we'll know soon enough. Didn't mean to derail this thread.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got Sunday Ticket for free this year and ALL of the Packers games thus far have been nationally televised or on the local channel. And I'm in Texas.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the top 3 NFC teams now, us, Carolina, and Arizona, this is how I think things could shake up

Obviously, we gotta play Carolina this weekend where the truth will be known, but I just feel like at some point it's actually going to be us vs the Cardinals for the top seed, as opposed to us vs the Panthers because of this:

Panthers upcoming schedule after us

@ Tennessee
Washington
@ Dallas
@ New Orleans
Atlanta
@ New York G's
@ Atlanta
Tampa Bay

Only team on that list I'd give them a guaranteed win over is Tennessee. They're going to lose at least 1 to Atlanta, maybe even 2, I'm calling a loss for them in New Orleans easily, I think Romo being back on Thanksgiving also is going to lose them that game in Dallas, and while the Giants are suspect for sure, never count them out in December in the meadowlands. And as crazy as it sounds, I could very much see the Redskins sneaking into Charlotte and causing a big old upset if the good Kirk Cousins shows up. Those Redskins have been causing some shocking wins this year just when you think they're going to lose. Not likely to lose to Tampa Bay but I don't know, they look like a work in progress that might make a little push at the end of season.

Cardinals upcoming schedule is

@ Seattle
Cincinnati
@ San Fracisco
@ St Louis
Minnesota
@ Philadelphia
Us
Seattle

This team I think is a much more legitimate threat to taking the NFC from us, depending on how some games play out. Their game vs Cincinnati is big, if they win that one which is very possible, look out. I think they're going to sweep Seattle, beat San Francisco, beat Minnesota. I think they might hiccup in Philly, but that game against us coming up will be the 1st seed decider.

If we beat Carolina this weekend which I think will, there's only 2 games left on our schedule that concern me
@ Minnesota and @ Arizona. All the rest I think we take no problem.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking:

1) Green Bay
2) Atlanta
3) Arizona
4) NY Giants
5) Carolina
6) Minnesota

I don't know how much an 'easy' schedule is going to help the Falcons. They got clobbered by the Saints, barely got by the Titans, and lost at home to the Bucs in their last 3 games. I didn't think they were all that good going into the season. Now I'm convinced of it.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will finish 11-5 and be one and done again. All teams need to do is double Cobb. The rest of the receivers can't get open on a consistent basis. The pass defense is porous especially against big receivers. The tight end position is a high problem right now. Teams can cover Rodgers with a LB and still have an extra safety to bring up and stuff the run or take away slants.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will finish 11-5 and be one and done again. All teams need to do is double Cobb. The rest of the receivers can't get open on a consistent basis. The pass defense is porous especially against big receivers. The tight end position is a high problem right now. Teams can cover Rodgers with a LB and still have an extra safety to bring up and stuff the run or take away slants.

No matter how many years of evidence that we get as fans that the NFL season has peaks and valleys and there are generally going to be weeks where they don't show up, some people still don't get it and go completely over reactionary based on one game. Also, one and done again? We weren't one and done last year...

If we go into Carolina next week and get dominated the way we did on Sunday, sure, I'll get more concerned. I don't think it's going to happen, but let's wait and see. But damn, let's give it more than 60 bad minutes of football after a 6-0 start to wave the white flag on the season.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

If we beat Carolina this weekend which I think will, there's only 2 games left on our schedule that concern me @ Minnesota and @ Arizona. All the rest I think we take no problem.

After this week´s game the only one I´m concerned about is at Arizona. It´s possible the Packers lose another one which I don´t think about right now but I expect them to go at least 6-2 during the second half of the season.

The game at Carolina is more or less a must win to be able to get the #1 seed in the NFC though as we would basically trail them by three games if we lose that one.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barring injuries or other unforeseen developments, I see the Packers going at worst 12-4, probably 13-3, possibly 14-2.That's playoffs, almost certainly division champs- the 2 games with the Vikings will decide that. We can pretty much kiss home field goodbye with a loss to the Panthers; if they went just 5-3 the rest of the way, we'd need to go 8-0 to pass them.
As things are today, I see it like this (no particular order);
Top NFC favorites- Packers, Cardinals, Panthers
Next Tier- Seahawks (i think they'll get it together and make a push), Cowboys(if they can hang on till Romo returns.
Dancing Outside The Campfire- Eagles, Saints, Vikings,Falcons,Giants,Rams

I think it'll shake out between the top three and possibly the Seahawks and Cowboys. The others can be problems and make noise, but I see them as having too many holes, or in the Vikings case, not ready yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

Barring injuries or other unforeseen developments, I see the Packers going at worst 12-4, probably 13-3, possibly 14-2.That's playoffs, almost certainly division champs- the 2 games with the Vikings will decide that. We can pretty much kiss home field goodbye with a loss to the Panthers; if they went just 5-3 the rest of the way, we'd need to go 8-0 to pass them.
As things are today, I see it like this (no particular order);
Top NFC favorites- Packers, Cardinals, Panthers
Next Tier- Seahawks (i think they'll get it together and make a push), Cowboys(if they can hang on till Romo returns.
Dancing Outside The Campfire- Eagles, Saints, Vikings,Falcons,Giants,Rams

I think it'll shake out between the top three and possibly the Seahawks and Cowboys. The others can be problems and make noise, but I see them as having too many holes, or in the Vikings case, not ready yet.

Mostly agree with that but I don´t think the Cowboys will make it to the postseason.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 2-5, it'll be real tough for them, Captain. But if Romo can get back soon, the team can hang on and get on a roll from there....well, that division is still within reach for them, and if the above conditions are met and they get into the playoffs, they're back to being the team a lot of people thought they'd be before the season, and at just the right time.

D

Deleted member 6794

At 2-5, it'll be real tough for them, Captain. But if Romo can get back soon, the team can hang on and get on a roll from there....well, that division is still within reach for them, and if the above conditions are met and they get into the playoffs, they're back to being the team a lot of people thought they'd be before the season, and at just the right time.

With Romo being on IR boomerang he will miss at least another three games and while that division is a mess the Cowboys would most likely have to win all remaining games once he´s back. Those games include a trip to Lambeau as well.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After this week´s game the only one I´m concerned about is at Arizona. It´s possible the Packers lose another one which I don´t think about right now but I expect them to go at least 6-2 during the second half of the season.

The game at Carolina is more or less a must win to be able to get the #1 seed in the NFC though as we would basically trail them by three games if we lose that one.

I agree on most of this but I think it's definitely possible we drop one game between Oakland and Minnesota on the road. Dallas shouldn't be overlooked either as they should be at full strength by then.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well things do change and they do change in a heartbeat. Right now this team really needs an 8-4 record to get themselves solidified into a playoff spot this Thursday.

While I do want more than ever to control our own destiny, here's how I hope it goes down.

This Sunday, I am actually going to pull for the Vikings to win. What Vikings fans may not realize is that there are several games on their schedule that them winning may actually be helping us more so than hurting us.

If they beat Seattle this Sunday, the Seahawks do have a greater likelihood of getting eliminated. What I will also hope is that Baltimore wins in Miami this Sunday, because if they do that and return home with a confident Matt Schaub to play Seattle, they'll still be fighting for a wildcard spot and may catch the Hawks in a trap game in Baltimore. And it may just take 2 more losses to eliminate Seattle. But bottom line, the game this Sunday between them and Minny is a must-win for both teams I'd say.

Other game to watch is Atlanta and Tampa Bay. Crazy as it sounds, Tampa Bay is perhaps the dark horse team that could beat Seattle out for a playoff spot. The way Atlanta is playing right now, they very well could be in a QB controversy within the next year or so, Kyle Shannahan's got issues, and Dan Quinn, I don't know, he looked good coming in but his magic seems to be wearing off. Tampa Bay meanwhile, they're team you shouldn't sleep on. If they win this Sunday, they very well do have a shot to finish out on a 9-7 or 10-6 season. Enough for the playoffs? I don't know but don't count them out, their game this Sunday is a make or break one.

Between the Bears and the Giants, I don't know. Bears probably hit 500 with a win over a bad 49ers team this Sunday, but then they got the confident Redskins, Vikings, and Bucs' teams all in a row. Might beat a skins team with road struggles at home, but I see them dropping both road games at Minny and Tampa Bay. Might even lose to Detroit at home at the season's end.

Giants, they're by far the biggest question mark of a team on this whole parade out there. Crazy that they played very well against their old nemeses the Patriots once again, yet just laid an utter egg on the road in Washington. I gotta think with Washington playing a Romo-less Cowboys team at home this Monday night, their game against the Jets is I'd say a must-win to try and keep a spot not only open for taking the division but to try and get a wildcard in their division. The thing that's just so crazy about this Giants team, they could beat the Carolina Panthers at home in a few weeks yet also throw a stinker down in Miami. That's the Giants under Tom Coughlin in a nutshell. I'd say they go about 8-8 though and it won't be enough to beat out the Redskins or get the playoffs.

So bottom line, what we need is for the Redskins and Bucs to win out, the Vikings to win every game except the Cards game and the season finale at Lambeau, and if we can get over the mental hump at Detroit, I think we got pretty clear sailing up until that game in Arizona, but we could still drop that and win the division if we remain within 1 game of Minny.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

So bottom line, what we need is for the Redskins and Bucs to win out, the Vikings to win every game except the Cards game and the season finale at Lambeau, and if we can get over the mental hump at Detroit, I think we got pretty clear sailing up until that game in Arizona, but we could still drop that and win the division if we remain within 1 game of Minny.

What we really need is the Packers to play better. Currently they´re in control of securing the #3 seed and get a home game in the wild card round. There´s no way of knowing which teams winning would end up benefitting our chances of either making the playoffs or getting a favorable matchup in the playoffs so I don´t care much about any such scenarios (aside of rooting for every single AFC team playing a playoff contender from the NFC).

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, it's a simple enough scenario. Packers win out; Vikings beat the Cards and Seahawks -although that's not a must yet- and the Packers are division champs and #2 seed. Simple enough, just very unlikely all of the above happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts