Calling My Early Shots On Green Bay's Playoff Picture

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it's only week 2 and there's a lot of football left, but I'm going to shoot down some of the silly NFL Network and ESPN experts by calling the bold shots for the complete NFL playoff picture. I'm calling this to shake up on the scene.

NFC Playoff Teams

First round bye
1 Seed - Packers
2 Seed - Cardinals

Wildcard Round
3 Seed - Falcons
4 Seed - Redskins
5 Seed - Seahawks
6 Seed - Vikings (yup I know you'll like that one Raptorman)

AFC Playoff Teams

First round bye
1 Seed - Patriots
2 Seed - Broncos

Wildcard Round
3 Seed - Steelers
4 Seed - Colts
5 Seed - Bengals
6 Seed - Bills

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks similar to what I would put right now. Except I may throw the Chiefs in there somewhere. We will see.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I feel even though they lost yesterday, that the Bills are still a better team than KC. Andy Reid's magic is starting to wear off in KC, even though I'm not sold on Tyrod, he seems to be a much bigger playmaker than Alex Smith, the Chiefs outside of Maclin don't have a legit threat at WR, right now it just seems to be all Jamaal Charles there. Heck Miami might even be a better team, but yeah we'll see.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I feel even though they lost yesterday, that the Bills are still a better team than KC. Andy Reid's magic is starting to wear off in KC, even though I'm not sold on Tyrod, he seems to be a much bigger playmaker than Alex Smith, the Chiefs outside of Maclin don't have a legit threat at WR, right now it just seems to be all Jamaal Charles there. Heck Miami might even be a better team, but yeah we'll see.

Very true. Bills played it close yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how they continue to play/improve.

H

HardRightEdge

Very true. Bills played it close yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how they continue to play/improve.
The Bills game was not that close. They killed themselves with penalties and sacks surrendered. They should be in the conversation.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Even with Romo's injury and the Giants and Eagles trying to find solid ground, I just don't see the Redskins winning the East. Actually wouldn't shock me to see them finish last in the East.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dallas somehow still manages to win the East. Its a weak division.

.....Unless Dallas just implodes over the next 10-12 weeks. Which is possible I guess.

Sky King

Reaction score
I think Dallas somehow still manages to win the East. Its a weak division.

.....Unless Dallas just implodes over the next 10-12 weeks. Which is possible I guess.
All it would take is another QB injury. Even without that circumstance occurring Weeden is not Romo's caliber. Their D is going to have to play lights-out to keep them in the hunt.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills game was not that close. They killed themselves with penalties and sacks surrendered. They should be in the conversation.

I guess them scoring 32 against the Patriots and only losing by 8 is what had me thinking they played them close, but it was mostly at the end. I did like them refusing to give up and score those points, though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even with Romo's injury and the Giants and Eagles trying to find solid ground, I just don't see the Redskins winning the East. Actually wouldn't shock me to see them finish last in the East.

Totally disagree, if the Redskins win this Thursday night, which is a big IF, but I'm calling it if they do they are going to railroad their way over all the other East opponents. I'm calling this because of several things.

1. I don't care what anyone else says, nobody in the East has as potent a running game as Washington does and Jay Gruden despite popular opinion, is in fact riding it. Alfred Morris is running violently again as is now big time guy Matt Jones.

2. Kirk Cousins is on his game and right now they don't care about the drama surrounding RG3, he's been in a zone and I think he keeps it up and their opponents can't believe it, I'll take Kirk Cousins over Weeden and Bradford any day of the week.

This is Washington's year, I'm calling it.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally disagree, if the Redskins win this Thursday night, which is a big IF, but I'm calling it if they do they are going to railroad their way over all the other East opponents. I'm calling this because of several things.

1. I don't care what anyone else says, nobody in the East has as potent a running game as Washington does and Jay Gruden despite popular opinion, is in fact riding it. Alfred Morris is running violently again as is now big time guy Matt Jones.

2. Kirk Cousins is on his game and right now they don't care about the drama surrounding RG3, he's been in a zone and I think he keeps it up and their opponents can't believe it, I'll take Kirk Cousins over Weeden and Bradford any day of the week.

This is Washington's year, I'm calling it.

I don't care who wins that division, as long as it isn't the Giants. I'm forever terrified of the Manning and Coughlin in Green Bay during the postseason, no matter how awful they look during the regular season.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care who wins that division, as long as it isn't the Giants. I'm forever terrified of the Manning and Coughlin in Green Bay during the postseason, no matter how awful they look during the regular season.

I understand where you're coming from. But I don't like the way our fan base seems to always play this fear factor stuff.

Personally, given how arrogant and stupid many of those Giants fans are, how entitled they feel (way worse than Hawks fans trust me) and given that I hate Eli and think he's one of the most overrated QBs ever, I'd love to see their whole season crash and burn here with them finishing 0-16, and Coughlin for sure would have to retire.

However if they did make it to the playoffs and faced us, I feel our guys would only be all too glad to exact revenge on them and they are nowhere near the Seahawks level of play. There's enough players on this team that are still fuming over the last few losses from 2011-2013 and I think we'd smash them ******* it.

But like I said, I think the Redskins are going to win that division and there's no wildcard coming through there.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not only that, the Pats had receivers wide open all day long. All Brady had to do was **** and dunk and the receivers usually ran for another 10 yards.

With Romo going down and I doubt he will be back with a fractured clavicle, I'm starting to think the Redskins may take the East. Cousins is looking pretty good.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. But I don't like the way our fan base seems to always play this fear factor stuff.

Personally, given how arrogant and stupid many of those Giants fans are, how entitled they feel (way worse than Hawks fans trust me) and given that I hate Eli and think he's one of the most overrated QBs ever, I'd love to see their whole season crash and burn here with them finishing 0-16, and Coughlin for sure would have to retire.

However if they did make it to the playoffs and faced us, I feel our guys would only be all too glad to exact revenge on them and they are nowhere near the Seahawks level of play. There's enough players on this team that are still fuming over the last few losses from 2011-2013 and I think we'd smash them ******* it.

But like I said, I think the Redskins are going to win that division and there's no wildcard coming through there.

The Giants' team this year does not scare me in the least.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game this Thursday will tell a lot about both teams IMO. If Washington wins though, they got a legit shot at the playoffs.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can see the Redskins winning that division. But as for Eli overrated, two SB rings would suggest otherwise. Both times the Giants won the SB they beat the Pats, making it even more impressive. Eli is the money player his brother is not.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the Redskins winning that division. But as for Eli overrated, two SB rings would suggest otherwise. Both times the Giants won the SB they beat the Pats, making it even more impressive. Eli is the money player his brother is not.

Not so much anymore, telling Rashad Jennings not to score, throwing that ball out the back of the endzone and giving Romo time to get down the field instead of running for it or taking the sack, no sir that's not clutch play.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If not for great defense and some WR's making once in a generation type catches, Eli is the most highly overrated qb in the history of the league.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so much anymore, telling Rashad Jennings not to score, throwing that ball out the back of the endzone and giving Romo time to get down the field instead of running for it or taking the sack, no sir that's not clutch play.
You've made a very good point. It seems that since the last SB win, Eli has somehow gotten dumb. He has been doing inexplicable things. I think there was a game last year where he threw 5 or 6 pics in one game. And I did watch the opener against Dallas. If he had just fallen down instead of throwing the ball away, the Giants win that game. So yeah when they won those SBs they didn't have great records, but were playing their best ball at the right time. And i loved it when they ruined the Pats almost-perfect season. (Sorry Pats fans.)

I don't know what's wrong with Eli. It's not a total lack of supporting talent. Beckham Jr. is certainly a very good receiver. So I do agree that he has regressed the last few years and can certainly be called overrated now.

But back to the Redskins. I've always been a fan of Cousins. Even before Mike Shanahan ruined RG3 by playing him when it was obvious he had a serious injury, I still liked Cousins as the starter. With all the players that made Dallas a very good team last year out or gone (Murray, Bryant, Romo) - well Jerry Jones can bluster all he wants but they will be lucky to play .500 ball until they get Romo AND Bryant back. Rodgers was out 7 or 8 weeks with what I think was a less-severe clavicle fracture. Because it can't be set, that's a tough fracture to heal. And even when (if) they return, they will clearly not be in December form. And if Bryant needs a bone graft, well that really should be season ending. Not enough blood supply in the foot for a quick recovery. The Giants won't contend, and Chip Kelly's "offensive genius" is being exposed as either a fraud, or just too complex to execute. Go Redskins!

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If not for great defense and some WR's making once in a generation type catches, Eli is the most highly overrated qb in the history of the league.
See my reply above. I don't completely agree. It's juat not possible to win one SB, let alone two, on pure luck. I would take Eli in a money game over Peyton anyday. Although with the way they are both currently playing: Peyton - old and way past his prime and Eli - who seems to have suffered some kind of brain damage, I wouldn't take either of them.

I actually feel bad for Peyton. He finally has a SB-worthy D, but it seems clear since about the midpoint last year that he's in a pretty nasty decline. Yes he played very well in the second half against KC, but you used to get that kind of performance from him for 60 minutes. I really think that ***-kicking the Seahags laid on them in the SB two years ago finsihed him psychologically. Everyone here knows I prefer an elite defensive team, and the current version of the Broncos qualify, but Peyton doesn't have the steam left to get past the Pats. If that ends up being the AFCCG, it will be a case of an elite O beating an elite D. Yes Captain, I actually said that!

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton Manning has lost his arm strength. Its very apparent when he throws those 10-15 yard outs. The ball just kind of floats out there with zero zip. Hes thrown a few pick sixes on sideline throws since last year. Hes limited now and I think he knows it and Denver knows it.

Plus, he looks like a fish out of water in that Kubiak offense which only compounds the issues even more.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it's only week 2 and there's a lot of football left, but I'm going to shoot down some of the silly NFL Network and ESPN experts by calling the bold shots for the complete NFL playoff picture. I'm calling this to shake up on the scene.

NFC Playoff Teams

First round bye
1 Seed - Packers
2 Seed - Cardinals

Wildcard Round
3 Seed - Falcons
4 Seed - Redskins
5 Seed - Seahawks
6 Seed - Vikings (yup I know you'll like that one Raptorman)

AFC Playoff Teams

First round bye
1 Seed - Patriots
2 Seed - Broncos

Wildcard Round
3 Seed - Colts
4 Seed - Steelers
5 Seed - Bengals
6 Seed - Bills
Finally, someone has the stones to make some bold, but not unrealistic predictions. You have the first round bye teams correct in both Conferences and neither are surprises - well, meaning I agree. Yes to the Skins winning the East and the Falcons are rejuvenated under Quinn. Either the Seahags or the Viqueens make it, but not both. So I'm going to be bold as well and say the Seahags miss and are replaced with the Eagles. At some point Chip Kelly will take his encyclopedic offensive playbook and skinny it down so it can actually be executed. And Murray's first two games are outliers. He'll get his yards. If they had kept Foles, they challenge the Redskins for the Division crown. Not gonna happen with the talented but fragile Bradford. Is he injured already BTW?

As for the AFC, I think you have all the wildcards correct but out of order. I think the Colts sneak in at #6 seed, Steelers and Bengals move to 3 and 4 respectively, and Buffalo gets #5 assuming Rex Ryan agrees to keep his mouth shut between games. My own bold prediction, Buffalo will beat the Pats at Foxboro in the regular season. You heard it here first!

And while you didn't go so far as the playoffs, all I'll say is that the Packers will get to the SB, but won't be playing the Pats or the Broncos. That's actually more insane than bold - but I see the Colts pulling a page from GB's 2010 championship run, and running the table on the road to get to SB 50. The Packers will of course beat them, but it will be a helluva run by the Colts to get there. This is a pure bet on Andrew Luck, the 3rd best QB in football behind Rodgers and Brady.

As for the Dolphins and Jets......... Dolphins were overrated coming in, and while the Jets D is very good, it won't be enough of a difference maker to cover a suspect O.

If I'm wrong about any of this (rare but it happens), the Ravens find a way to get in here somehow. They'll need extensive and intensive psychotherapy, including electroshock or a Vulcan Mind Meld after losing to Da Raidaz, but they have Flacco, and he is a very good QB at money time, and Harbaugh, who is a very good coach at any time. I guess they're my wild card wild card. If they do sneak in, maybe Peter King is right and we get the SB we should have gotten last year, Packers versus Ravens.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think the Seahawks miss the boat this year. I just don't believe they have the offensive line to make it happen on offense and there defense isnt't what it was. They gotta run through the AFC North and that along with the NFC West can be a grueling task.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the AFC, I think you have all the wildcards correct but out of order. I think the Colts sneak in at #6 seed, Steelers and Bengals move to 3 and 4 respectively, and Buffalo gets #5 assuming Rex Ryan agrees to keep his mouth shut between games. My own bold prediction, Buffalo will beat the Pats at Foxboro in the regular season. You heard it here first!

Did I miss some new rule change? Because last I checked the top 4 seeds all go to division winners, so no the Bengals cannot get a 3 or 4 seed if they don't win the division. I pick the Steelers to win it over them so I pick the Bengals going 5 seed and 1 and done again, and Buffalo taking 6th, unless the Jets somehow pull a crazy season out of straw or Melvin Gordon goes running insanely good in San Diego. But I think it will be Buffalo given that they got a higher ceiling. I don't care if the last score they had against New England was garbage time points, garbage points are not just a given in this league and 32 points is goin from nothing to something.

Members online

Latest posts