Calling My Early Shots On Green Bay's Playoff Picture

Reaction score
I've always defended Rivers. I don't need to anymore because he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he is a quality QB, the Chargers are better than their record IMO.
The Eagles D took a major advance forward this week and swallowed Eli in the pocket much like an anaconda does to its prey. if that D aggression holds they'll head up a division.
It's rare I root for the Lions, but this week I'll be a surrogate Detroit fan

D

Deleted member 6794

I've always defended Rivers. I don't need to anymore because he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he is a quality QB, the Chargers are better than their record IMO.

There's no doubt Rivers is capable of playing at an elite level but he has been too inconsistent during his career.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles D took a major advance forward this week and swallowed Eli in the pocket much like an anaconda does to its prey. if that D aggression holds they'll head up a division.
It's rare I root for the Lions, but this week I'll be a surrogate Detroit fan

Yup and as much as I dislike Kelly as a coach and the hype he gets, I'd probably rather face the Eagles in the playoffs than the Giants because their defense has struggled against Rodgers in recent meetings and in fact are 0-3 against him in all the meetings they've had, including the playoffs in 2010. I know different coach then but it does seem like our O against their D always favors us better, and plus if you hit Bradford and rattle him, which the Giants couldn't do but I believe we can, they're in trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love having the Gmen demon playoff losses exorcised by beating those chumps come playoff time this year, but if I had to pick my poison between the 2 teams, I think Philly would favor us more and we'd get them here too. They may always point to that silly 4&26 game as their victory point but that was over 10 years ago and is not even remotely connected with this current Packer team.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define inconsistent please.

Its apparent that Rivers is inconsistent. Hes the type of QB that will either put up a huge clunker of a game and do basically nothing, or he'll have a game like he did against us. Hes been that way his whole career. Ive seen him put up games like he did against us off and on throughout his whole career, but he has more bad games than good games and the great games like against us, get sprinkled throughout rarely.

Hes almost like Eli Manning. The type of QB that will make you cry more than he makes you smile.

The type of QB that is a head scratcher because you know he has the tools and hes even proved it from time to time on the field, yet hes so inconsistent that its hard to really get a bead on him.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Hard to make any good judgements on the Falcons and Panthers right now since they've both only played bad teams.
So, let me get this straight. The Packer 6-0 is legit but he Falcons are suspect. Packers opponents are 11-24, Falcons are 14-21. Fact is only one team in the division lead has played any other team with a winning record. The Patriots. So until some more games are played it's a stretch to say teams are suspect.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. The Packer 6-0 is legit but he Falcons are suspect. Packers opponents are 11-24, Falcons are 14-21. Fact is only one team in the division lead has played any other team with a winning record. The Patriots. So until some more games are played it's a stretch to say teams are suspect.

Well, the Packers are coming off an NFC game they should have won. We know they are already good. The Falcons are coming off an okay season.

Considering the Falcons just lost to a bad Saints team, questioning how good they are doesn't seem like a stretch.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, the Packers are coming off an NFC game they should have won. We know they are already good. The Falcons are coming off an okay season.

Considering the Falcons just lost to a bad Saints team, questioning how good they are doesn't seem like a stretch.

Let me quote one of your fellow Packer fans about the NFC game they should have won.

Playing football in alternate realities is pretty silly.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me quote one of your fellow Packer fans about the NFC game they should have won.

The point was they were a very good team last season. Other wins vs. the Patriots and Cowboys show that too. The Falcons, however, were average at best. It makes sense to wait until the Falcons beat someone good to call them a threat.

Good job actually discussing the thing we were talking about....

Reaction score
Its apparent that Rivers is inconsistent. Hes the type of QB that will either put up a huge clunker of a game and do basically nothing, or he'll have a game like he did against us. Hes been that way his whole career. Ive seen him put up games like he did against us off and on throughout his whole career, but he has more bad games than good games and the great games like against us, get sprinkled throughout rarely.

Hes almost like Eli Manning. The type of QB that will make you cry more than he makes you smile.

The type of QB that is a head scratcher because you know he has the tools and hes even proved it from time to time on the field, yet hes so inconsistent that its hard to really get a bead on him.
Thank You! Now I completely understand the meaning of inconsistent.

Although I respect your opinion, a personal viewpoint does not define the definition of NFL passing consistency. My argument is that Rivers has 5 probowls in 9 starts and currently leads the NFL in passing yardage in his 10th season as a starter, he is currently one of 5 QBs to have a 70%+ completion ratio and one of 8 QBs to hold a 100%+ QB rating. He's only had 1 losing season at 7-9 in 9 years.
To the contrary, I cant think of 1 QB in the history of professional football who boasts the same or better production over a 9+ years starting and would be remembered as "inconsistent".
Can you??

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

The Patriots are scary good and Brady is sending a message to the league that he runs it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There's no doubt Rivers is capable of playing at an elite level but he has been too inconsistent during his career.

Rivers is one of the scarier QB's in the league. IMO he one of a few that actually plays to the level of there contract. Aaron Rodgers leading that list btw.

D

Deleted member 6794

My argument is that Rivers has 5 probowls in 9 starts and currently leads the NFL in passing yardage in his 10th season as a starter, he is currently one of 5 QBs to have a 70%+ completion ratio and one of 8 QBs to hold a 100%+ QB rating. He's only had 1 losing season at 7-9 in 9 years.
To the contrary, I cant think of 1 QB in the history of professional football who boasts the same or better production over a 9+ years starting and would be remembered as "inconsistent".

On the other side Rivers has had only three seasons with at least 10 wins and none after LaDainian Tomlinson left the Chargers after the 2009 season. During those years Tomlinson ran for 4,019 yards and 55 TDs and the Chargers had defenses ranked 5th, 7th and 11th in points allowed. Not sure Rivers should be considered the main reason San Diego won more than 10 games during any of these seasons.

While he´s having a pretty good season this year I consider him inconsistent cause for example he led the league in interceptions last season, his playoff TD/INT ratio is at a pedestrian 1.22 and some of his mistakes have resulted in the Chargers losing games.

D

Deleted member 6794

Accoring to Football Outsiders playoff odds the Packers are heavily favoured to win the NFC North (98.7%) as well as secure the #1 seed in the NFC (62.5%).

While you may not agree with their work I think they do a better job than any other website analysing the NFL.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Accoring to Football Outsiders playoff odds the Packers are heavily favoured to win the NFC North (98.7%) as well as secure the #1 seed in the NFC (62.5%).

While you may not agree with their work I think they do a better job than any other website analysing the NFL.
And the Vikings were 13 point favorites in their first AFL-NFL Championship game against the Chiefs. WE all know how that worked out. It's why they play the games.

D

Deleted member 6794

And the Vikings were 13 point favorites in their first AFL-NFL Championship game against the Chiefs. WE all know how that worked out. It's why they play the games.

I posted the odds to show you the Packers are widely considered the best team in the NFC. I know that doesn't mean they will end up with the #1 seed in the conference but the probability is pretty high.

Reaction score
On the other side Rivers has had only three seasons with at least 10 wins and none after LaDainian Tomlinson left the Chargers after the 2009 season. During those years Tomlinson ran for 4,019 yards and 55 TDs and the Chargers had defenses ranked 5th, 7th and 11th in points allowed. Not sure Rivers should be considered the main reason San Diego won more than 10 games during any of these seasons.

While he´s having a pretty good season this year I consider him inconsistent cause for example he led the league in interceptions last season, his playoff TD/INT ratio is at a pedestrian 1.22 and some of his mistakes have resulted in the Chargers losing games.
So his playoff performance Last year dictates his career as labeled "inconsistent" in your opinion?
I'd hate to be your kid! Lol
As far as the a QB making some mistakes And that being a factor in the playoffs? I think you could pretty much make that General statement about every QB so that IMO is more short sided poor judgement by a every QB, not career inconsistency for 1 though.
I often wonder if maybe the reason Rivers broke historical records against us last Sunday is because we went in thinking he's was an inconsistent QB. Lol

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Bloody hell !!! :eek:. Everybody is playing nice ???? Who'd have believed it ? :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
After today, it looks like Packers vs Patriots for the trophy. Matthews and Peppers are drooling and saying; "Please God, let us at Brady. We'll show him what deflated balls really feel like." :devilish:

Michael Fagg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd swap bills for jets for sure, possibly #5. And it's a toss up on skins division. I'd say eagles but who knows.

Members online

Latest posts