Bulaga at Guard

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as Campen is the O line coach I don't think we'll ever know who is a tackle, guard, or center. He's had 5 years to settle the line and except for the tackles he inherited, nothing is set. If he were a baseball manager he'd have a team full of utility men, and pitchers would rotate between starting, middle relief, and closer. There's something to be said for players to be good at several positions, but wouldn't it be better for them to be great at one?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I am not too thrilled with this development.
Look, there are fans that say "well I'm no OL expert so if they say this, or say that, then I'm buying what they're selling".
The problem with that is they are full of **** sometimes, i.e last year when they said our OL was ready and week one had Adewale Ogunleye almost kill Rodgers and then week 2 Antwan Odom almost killed Rodgers. Those 2 guys sacked him like 8 times and we lost that week 2 game to the Bengals.... because #1 Barbre sucked as we all thought and #2 Colledge wasn't ready to play OT.

I thought our guys said Bulaga was the LEFT TACKLE period. Let's not assume Clifton will all of a sudden be able to play every snap all year for 19 games. He won't. Have Bulaga ready for LEFT TACKLE.

Spitz is supposed to be a good backup at OG, and so is Lang.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(shrugs) Put the best 5 out there and adjust for injuries as you go I guess.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dontcha worry people.

If Bulaga is the LG, Barbre will be the backup LT!!! Everything will be fine.

Oh, and BTW, Tom Clements has been fired as QB coach. Patches O'Houlihan is the new one, it was all his idea... "Rodgers, you're gonna learn the 5 d's of Football. Dodge, dip, duck, dive, and dodge."

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the concerns about the move are valid that it has the potential to (1) Inhibit Bulaga's development at LT (2) prolongs a broken system of overextending an O-lineman's duties.

But the players Bulaga is being compared to just aren't that comparable to him. Bulaga is smart, athletic and a pure football player. Barbre doesn't have any intelligence or heart and Colledge isn't as talented.

I'm not sure it's a given that the move with mess up Bulaga's development at LT. Why is it automatically assumed RT is the only step a young lineman can take to LT.

Don't overlook the possibility that Bulaga could be playing so well, that the coaching staff is making a push to get him on the field however possible.

Members online

Latest posts