Bring back Green?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
I need to throw this monkey wrench into the conversation! We are changing our blocking scheme people. I think Ahman has very good vision and patience to pick the holes that open up. Can anyone realistically say that Gado can do this. I am not saying he can't, but I don't think he has enough experience. Gado does seem to be very intelligent, which is definitely a plus. I look at Gado like Mike Anderson out in Denver.

I think the proper thing to do is sign Green and then draft Calhoun or Maroney. UW & UM both use the blocking schemes we are implementing. I don't think getting Settersom, Eslinger, or Raiola would be a bad idea either.

It sounds like Flanagan will be gone. What would make more sense - moving Wells to center and drafting someone like Setterstrom or keeping Wells at guard and getting Eslinger? I think Eslinger is going to be a great center in the NFL and would love to see the ND product in green and gold!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The prior 2 were dropped and nothing was ever filed, and if I am not mistaken one was his wife/ or g/f that was the aggressor in it.."

Yea and OJ was innocent. Once can be a misunderstanding. The second time there's smoke. The third time, where he had to be restrained by the cops, is a five-alarmer. Move on....the guy has a problem.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND -

You are forgetting Coston and White. From the camp reports last year, Coston and White were very athletic and showed promise. I would like to take Eslinger, but I think Denver snags him in the first round and he won't be there. Raiola and Setterstom would be our targets and they would probably end up at RG. I think Wells is a career backup at all three interior postions, White's only position is at center and I think Coston is being groomed to play LG.

I know Wells is a good player, but he isn't as athletic as White and Coston. Whittaker and Barry might be retained, but I would be surprised if they are in the long term plans of the new scheme. I guess training camp will decide it. Interior lineman in free agency are also very likely.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
At the right price bringing Green back wn't hurt us, plus Gado can learn from him and Davenport is unreliable for more than 5 games a season.

If he's healthy hes good then, but he doesnt last long.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming he recovers from his injury. I think Green has 3 solid years left then a couple more as a part time player. If the doctors ok him, I would sign him to a 5 year contract. He's a top 10 RB in the NFL. Drafting someone as good would take a 1 or a 2. We need so much help, I wouldn't waste a 1 or 2 on a RB when we could sign Green. I would cut Davenport and Fisher. Gado is my #2. Henderson is my 3rd down back, he catches the ball well and can pick up blitzers. I would draft a RB project late in the draft to develop.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kuston said:
He's a top 10 RB in the NFL. .

I disagree. I love green(got the jersey), but hes not a top 10 anymore. He was in 2003,maybe 04..but not now

Alexander
LJ -kansas
Tomlinson
Barber
Edge
Portis
Dunn(really proved a lot)

Hmm....

Ya know what....

I think he IS a top 10 back still. My opinion has changed in mid post. He used to be a top 5, but now top 10...still not bad

the thing is, is he still gonne ba as fast, as shifty, as powerful? Will he fumble, yeah. will he not switch arms, yes. But even that, hes pretty good.

I just hope he doesnt want a huge payday, cuz a hurt 30 year old non arm switching fumbler is a risk.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His fumbling is overrated. Hurt us less than Favre interceptions. He is still a top ten RB in this league and Gabo was playing against teams that had little motivation to gear up to play us. I certainly would not put all my eggs in that basket. Teams need 3 good RB now and with Green, Gabo and davenport we would be in good shape.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that he will come back at a cap friendly price. I think he has alot to prove,and he will come back and sign with the Packers for one year. You have to give him credit,he did not complain and sit out when he was in his last tear of his contract. :kickcan:

hitking2456

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers should bring Green back. With the free agent running backs that will be out there and a promising draft class, plus Gado and Davenport, Green Bay doesn't need to bring the man with chronic fumbilitis back to the team. Plus it would save us some money.

mrhustle11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i believe it will depend on what type of value we will be able to get in this coming draft. I think if we go with what we have right now... pretty much gado then if we can sign him to a one year deal that cheap im all for it. I loved Greens interviews at the start of the year....MM wants to bring in packer people and Green is for sure a PACKER PERSON 4 life

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
His fumbling is overrated. Hurt us less than Favre interceptions. He is still a top ten RB in this league and Gabo was playing against teams that had little motivation to gear up to play us. I certainly would not put all my eggs in that basket. Teams need 3 good RB now and with Green, Gabo and davenport we would be in good shape.

Atlanta?