Brett's 4th Quarter Comebacks

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett has 40 4th quarter comebacks from a tie of deficit in his career. Does anyone know how he compares to other QB?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping that was another Brett record myself but I was told he is 2cnd to Elway who had 46 4th quarter comebacks. Double check my info though because I could be wrong !!!

Cheers :packbeer:

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
elway had 46 and favre has 39.....thats what they said on the radio but that was before the kansas city game.....so i think it should be 40 now

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and coming from behind would also have effected his INT's total. I imagine many of them would be last ditch efforts, similar to the final one in the end-zone vs Bears this season.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to wikipedia, Elway had 47. I think Brett Favre has 39. I don't think he gets credit for a 4th qtr comeback against the Chiefs because the Packers were not tied, or trailing entering the 4th qtr. I'm pretty sure thats how that works. Does anyone know for sure?

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the TD against KC the announcers said that was Brett's 40th comeback. He/the team does not have to be trailing coming in to the 4th quarter, they have to be trailing during the 4th qtr for it to be a comback.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to wikipedia, Elway had 47. I think Brett Favre has 39. I don't think he gets credit for a 4th qtr comeback against the Chiefs because the Packers were not tied, or trailing entering the 4th qtr. I'm pretty sure thats how that works. Does anyone know for sure?

I spent a few minutes trying to find the definition, and I couldn't. I think it counts if the QB's team has trailed at any point within the 4th quarter.

At any rate, I pretty much lost all faith in this stat when I found out that Favre was credited for a fourth quarter comeback when Allen Rossum won a game by returning a punt in the fourth quarter. Also, I think the record has more to do with the QB's defense than anything else. I've seen too many QB's, Favre included, who led their team to a go-ahead or game-tying score in the final minutes, only to see the defense allow the other team to score and win.

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a weak stat at best.
If a DB intercepts a ball and runs it back to the 5 and the offenses scores the QB gets a comeback. I think the QB even gets credit if the DB scores the TD.
I remember in the olden days how the media would talk about Roger Stabauch and how he led the Cowboys back from a deficit so often.
Then for about 20 years I never heard anyone speak of this "stat" very much until the past few years.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stas does seem useless and yet you look at the leaders in this department and it seems to be quit accurate. Out of those 40 sure there may be a few where Brett didn't have to do anything but I'm guessing maybe 5 out of 40

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts