Brett is not a top 10 q/b according to

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
O boy...

His ranking of the top ten q.b of all time...No Favre included..

Here come the defenders

But I do think Brett should be there somewhere

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
maybe BF could be #12 of all time?!?!?! LOL!

wouldn't that be ironic??

I'm good with this top 10 for sure!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vic's top 10 QBs all time

You asked for it, so now here it is

The biggest snub by far? slingin sammy.

Oh and enjoy the comments. The favre fanatics are not pleased sexter didnt make it.

To them I say...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itz-IrptWNU]YouTube - ‪Brett Favre - The Definition of Insanity‬&rlm;[/ame]

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ivo posted this in another thread

How come no one wants to talk about Brett not making a top ten q.b list?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
M comment is gbfan1967

But some of the posters make a good point..

Is it only because of his bad playoff record? That is what I would think...

And like it or not, Bretts playoff record is bad....Rodgers won 3 road playoff games last season, Brett only won 3 his entire career

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't put Marino without him ever getting a ring. And with a very average postseason QB rating of 77.1.
Marino was the ultimate Regular Season QB, and there has been a few, including Favre and Manning.

I would put Young in there instead of Marino. The rest I agree, not with the order, but with them being in there.

I would probably go:
10 - Steve Young
9 - Payton Manning
8 - Terry Bradshaw
7 - John Elway
6 - Roger Staubach
5 - Tom Brady
4 - Johnny Unitas
3 - Otto Graham
2 - Joe Montana
1 - Bart Starr

I'm pretty comfortable with the setup of my top 4, but the rest I'm up to debate.

Regarding Favre, he would be the #11, with Aikman being #12 and Marino being #13. Yeah, it's because of postseason performance that neither Favre nor Marino get there, and Manning has more consistant and flashy sucess than both Favre and Marino in the regular season. Aikman was a great caretaker, never making many plays.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
O boy...

His ranking of the top ten q.b of all time...No Favre included..

Here come the defenders

But I do think Brett should be there somewhere

I think he should be there too. I would switch out Elway for Favre. I always thought Elway was good, but he got a lot of extra media hype which made folks think he was better than he really was. Favre had the edge on Elway.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The comments after the article are priceless. Anything involving brett favre seems to draw out the lunatics.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
oooo gonna look now... I LOOOVE seeing the mania in action!!!! :crazy:

Reaction score
He really tarnished his career in the end. That's why he's not considered a top 10 QB. But you can't ignore the Iron Man Streak and the TD record.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The comments after the article are priceless. Anything involving brett favre seems to draw out the lunatics.
It’s fun to read the lists but I think it’s too early for most Packers fans to put Favre’s career in perspective. The emotions for and against Favre are still running high as you can see on almost any Packers forum when the subject of Favre is mentioned. For example, look at one of the responses to Vic’s list:

“… the only reason his interceptions are so high is that half of them were good passes that recievers werent man enough to catch (his arm trumps elways and marino's), the other half are due to his heart and love for the game, brett didnt come to lose or to watch someone else lose it for him and thats why we loved and still love him.”

How biased/deluded to you have to be to excuse ALL of Favre’s interceptions? Half of them were the receivers’ fault and the other half were due to his “love for the game”? Either this guy is joking or this Favre fan helped write Newt’s excuse for cheating on his wives (he was so patriotic). Or he’s too emotional to even attempt an objective look at Favre’s career.

I think 5 to 10 years have to pass before most of us can be objective about it. Right now all of his playoff meltdowns push him out of the top 10 for me. But who knows in 5-10 years? Hey, maybe Rodgers will be pushing him down the list at that point.

BTW, IMO all of Favre's records should be compared to other QBs as a percentage of attempts. For example, how does his INT percentage and TD percentage compare to others on the list? He shouldn't be "punished" or "rewarded" just because he played so long: Perhaps his greatest achievement is his ironman streak. Of course it's not all stats - his playoff INTs and poor play are magnified over simple percentages, at least IMO.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jack....Hard core Brett fans are that way...Always will be..

I can't believe I used to feel exact same way

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s fun to read the lists but I think it’s too early for most Packers fans to put Favre’s career in perspective. The emotions for and against Favre are still running high as you can see on almost any Packers forum when the subject of Favre is mentioned. For example, look at one of the responses to Vic’s list:

“… the only reason his interceptions are so high is that half of them were good passes that recievers werent man enough to catch (his arm trumps elways and marino's), the other half are due to his heart and love for the game, brett didnt come to lose or to watch someone else lose it for him and thats why we loved and still love him.”

How biased/deluded to you have to be to excuse ALL of Favre’s interceptions? Half of them were the receivers’ fault and the other half were due to his “love for the game”? Either this guy is joking or this Favre fan helped write Newt’s excuse for cheating on his wives (he was so patriotic). Or he’s too emotional to even attempt an objective look at Favre’s career.

I think 5 to 10 years have to pass before most of us can be objective about it. Right now all of his playoff meltdowns push him out of the top 10 for me. But who knows in 5-10 years? Hey, maybe Rodgers will be pushing him down the list at that point.

I dont have him in my top 10 mostly due to failing in the post season. He has all the records because he passed the ball more than any other QB. Thats not what a great QB does. I am more of a Bart Starr fan, less passes but much much more efficient. My list changes a little almost everytime I make it but ill take a stab at it.

1. Starr
2. Montana
3. Graham
4. Baugh
5. Brady
6. Unitas
7. Staubach
8. Elway
9. Manning
10. Young

I wanted to put Sonny J in there but no title while he was a starter ( I think he won 1 in Philly as a back up).

My next 10 in no order, Warner, Anderson, Favre, Marino, Tarkenton, Luckman, Tittle, Bradshaw, Kelly, and Brocklin.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes in the top 20, but not top 10. For all the exciting great plays he made, he made more absolutely stupid bonehead plays. Sometimes, I think he actually didn't care if he threw a pick. Its the stupid plays that will limit his stature in history.