Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like they have for Hundley??? :mad: :( :roflmao: :eek: :rolleyes:

Would the entire offense not need to change for any new QB to come in and start???
I'm not going to defend Hundleys mistakes, but he's been in the system for 3 years and they do run the same offense with modifications. Same terminology, same play calls and similar cadence and game plan.

I assume you've seen Kaepernicks success while trying to be anything more than a 1 read and run QB? He was poor at best. That doesn't even take into account all that is involved in acclimating to a new team, new terminology and he hasn't taken a snap of any kind in a while to be in any sort of football shape.

A lot of the issues with Hundley are ones you usually do t see until it's live. I'm sure he looks great in practice, he can drop back and throw. He either can't or doesn't have enough experience to improve upon his ability to drop back, trust what he sees and then throw.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that would be... (???)

I dislike wordy posts, so I try to keep mine short. The post to which I replied was "Would the entire offense not need to change for any new QB to come in and start???", to which I replied "Shouldn't the fact that Hundley has been around for years count for something?", meaning that, no, the entire offense shouldn't have to be adjusted for Hundley as much as anyone else coming in cold to the Packer system. Does that answer your question?

DSG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM says he will stay with Hundley against the Steelers...not exactly sure why but I have to agree with this at this point. No one is going to come in from the outside & start at QB for this game, just hope-yes I'm down to hope now, he will yank him if he has another weak showing by the 2nd half. We'll see if Hundley is cut from the right cloth & step up to play at the level needed. Think Hundley's NFL carreer is on the line with this start...best be ready Joe Callahan.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM says he will stay with Hundley against the Steelers...not exactly sure why but I have to agree with this at this point. No one is going to come in from the outside & start at QB for this game, just hope-yes I'm down to hope now, he will yank him if he has another weak showing by the 2nd half. We'll see if Hundley is cut from the right cloth & step up to play at the level needed. Think Hundley's NFL carreer is on the line with this start...best be ready Joe Callahan.

Yup, that may well happen. :)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what is being said is that despite being in the MM system for three years, Hundley has looked like a free agent QB that is brought in to start without knowing the system.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point is, that Hundley having been around for years has counted for very little.
Up till now I'd agree. But it's also for reasons you never truly find out until it counts for real that he's really struggling right now. He needs to start showing he can learn from mistakes. He's not the first qb to struggle in his stints at live action.

But if Callahan can't beat him out in the preseason or practice, it's just a wild guess that he'll respond to live action better. And we've all seen Colin try and be more than a 1 read QB and it wasn't pretty either.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I think all that needs to be said in this thread is...

2 TDs; 7 INT in 5 games = Worst in the NFL

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm generally with you Mondio. I think that players need time to adjust to this game. The problem is that I'm not seeing promise or adjustment. I'm seeing regression and the same things over and over. I watched him with my own eyes at US Bank Stadium. I expected that he would show some improvement in the Saints game with first-team reps all week. That didn't happen. Surely after a much-needed bye week, he would show some promise against the Lions. None. The Bears was a different story, and admittedly I forgot to record the game so I missed it all. There has been no improvement and the Ravens game was emphatic. The Packers have done reasonably well on their scripted first series all season. Beyond that with Hundley, he's a deer in headlights unless he scrambles north and south.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry but if they bring colin i would be very disappointed. I would rather watch my team struggle than to see that worth less piece of turd play for Green Bay. Their is a reason why no one would pick him up. At this point this season is a lost. We just need to get our team healthy again and prep for next season. There is not telling how Rodgers arm will perform after this. If i was MM i wouldn't bring Rodgers back this season and let him heal up and consider hunting for a new backup QB.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think MM and/or the Packer organization is going to sit Hundley anytime soon...they have too much time invested in him to sit him..he has the physical tools to be an NFL quarterback but the mental aspect of the game is holding him back..he’s following in the footsteps of the game’s greatest QB and without question that’s always on his mind and I’m sure he’s not the only ultra-talented guy in this league who struggles with the mental and psychological aspect of being an NFL QB..pulling the trigger or not pulling the trigger on a throw is the difference between being a great NFL QB and a mediocre or terrible QB IMO and I really think that’s what’s happening with BH right now

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think MM and/or the Packer organization is going to sit Hundley anytime soon...
If McCarthy is going to be loyal to Hundley like he is to Capers, then you are probably right.
I'd like to see what Callahan can do though, just to see if he translates any better to real game situations. Not until at least after the Steelers game though.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If McCarthy is going to be loyal to Hundley like he is to Capers, then you are probably right.
I'd like to see what Callahan can do though, just to see if he translates any better to real game situations. Not until at least after the Steelers game though.
im going to the TB vs. GB game all the way from cali for my first game. id rather have Callahan in at this point in hopes of him winning the game i finally get to go to. lol

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe, maybe not. everyone just assumes it can't be worse, but it can be, or it can be the same. On one hand, I'm of the belief he's just not smart enough to do this job. and for as poorly as he played yesterday, he did have some very nice throws. that first drive was great, right down the field until the pick. and then he had another very poor decision and then he seemed to 2nd guess everything the rest of the game or something. There is stuff there to work with. The same reason half this board thought he was going to get us a 2nd round pick, is a reason this staff is trying to develop him too.

Switch now to Kaep? that guy has done his share of sucking in the past and people are going to expect this entire offense to change for him to come in and start next week? So we change to Callahan, but I don't think he has much of a skillset either. at best he's looked like Hundley 2 preseasons ago. IF, and it's a giant IF they can get Hundley thru his growing pains, or maybe this is just who he's going to be, we might have something. Probably too little to late to help this year, but then I don't think a switch to anyone else now is going to result in anything other than someone maybe making some plays, but still making mistakes.

another start with 3 turnovers in the first half and I'd be fine yanking the kid. at some point you do have to give the team a chance to win. But if you can somehow find a way to get him to limit his mistakes, he will give us a pretty decent chance to win too. A lot of his mistakes are things you can work on and get better, but so far i'm not seeing much growth from him so I have my doubts.

I agree. After watching his performance yesterday, I don't think he's going to get better. Physically I think he is 'ok' but mentally he is too easily overwhelmed. I think it is mostly mental. Confidence is a huge part of being successful and I don't see this kid having any confidence in his OL, receivers or himself.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm generally with you Mondio. I think that players need time to adjust to this game. The problem is that I'm not seeing promise or adjustment. I'm seeing regression and the same things over and over. I watched him with my own eyes at US Bank Stadium. I expected that he would show some improvement in the Saints game with first-team reps all week. That didn't happen. Surely after a much-needed bye week, he would show some promise against the Lions. None. The Bears was a different story, and admittedly I forgot to record the game so I missed it all. There has been no improvement and the Ravens game was emphatic. The Packers have done reasonably well on their scripted first series all season. Beyond that with Hundley, he's a deer in headlights unless he scrambles north and south.
It is the lack of any discernible improvement that worries me as well. That first drive, I was like, man, he's getting it. And then it was 3 straight turnovers. I agree with another poster, it seems to be mental, and I hope he gets it. It's all I have at this point.

And we should have met up at US Bank. Jordys dad was at my friends tailgate. Was the highlight of the day :)

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might look for tickets too. My oldest son is a Tampa fan and Lord knows they should be cheap enough.
Yes they should be, I bought tickets at the beginning of the season and paid around 300. I heard prices have dropped a good amount.

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry but if they bring colin i would be very disappointed. I would rather watch my team struggle than to see that worth less piece of turd play for Green Bay. [There] is a reason why no one would pick him up.
How sad, that failure to comprehend the intent of his kneeling during the National Anthem allows ignorance and bigotry to take precedence over reason.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How sad, that failure to comprehend the intent of his kneeling during the National Anthem allows ignorance and bigotry to take precedence over reason.
oh i have no problem with nfl players kneeling. i completely understand what they are trying to accomplish and i respect it, but what i dont like is there is also a time and a place for that and work is not one of them.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading him

You sit him now, teams will be scared away..

Let him play to see if he gets better in hopes you can get at least a 5th rd pick..

Either way your screwed..

I'm pretty sure any thought of trading him just went out the window yesterday. Once he leaves here his professional football career is over.

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh i have no problem with nfl players kneeling. i completely understand what they are trying to accomplish and i respect it, but what i dont like is there is also a time and a place for that and work is not one of them.
Why does "work" nullify a U.S. citizen's freedom of speech?