Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play Joe Callahan, he'll perform much better.

I'm not gonna get that optimistic, but at this point we don't really have anything to lose by trying. Hundley is the worst QB ever to don a Packer uni, so ... Callahan won't have much performance to match.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers would have scored as many points today with no one at QB. It is impossible to be worse than Hundley today.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley is a wet pile of crap. He can't read the field, he throws off his back foot and he consistently makes terrible decisions....yet they play him because they think they can parlay him into a 3rd rd pick. Awful. Just awful. How can you put this horseshit product out there MM. come on man. come on.
Couldn’t agree more, well said. Really liked the “wet pile of crap” line pretty much sums it up right there.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's time to pull Hundley yet, but it's probably time to start thinking about it. McCarthy probably wants to avoid a quarterback conflict. I've always liked Callahan, although I was disappointed by his performance in the preseason this year, and I'm not going to claim that he's the answer. But if things don't get better, might as well give him his shot.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy has a reputation for developing quarterbacks, and I do believe he should receive some credit for Rodgers' success. I wonder if the current contract with the NFLPA that limits practice time has had a negative effect on McCarthy's ability to develop quarterbacks?

On the other hand, the routes the Packers run have taken a lot of criticism. Maybe Rodgers is good enough to complete these passes to receivers who aren't really open, but Hundley isn't?

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet McCarthy wishes he did have an alternative to Hundley right now but he doesn’t ..he has to back BH because they’ve invested a lot of time in this kid and they really don’t have another option..how big was losing Hoyer to NE right now? Not saying he would lead us to the playoffs but at least you would have a serviceable QB that has some pocket presence, knows when to throw it away and can anticipate an open receiver..Hundley has none of that

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stay focused..

I made a post (a question).. I didn't make a new thread with the question..

So.. Let's re visit.

You made new thread with a joke.. A funny one! Seriously.

I merged it... Why? I explained already.

You whined.

I tried to explain how I made a post and didn't create a new thread..

Maybe it wasn't clear. But now it should be?

ohh..

You are doing fantastic!

Actually you never explained. You made some interjection about a question, which was never asked... Review, read, concentrate. I never asked a question I made a thread, genius. Must be hard being as intelligent as you are. The thread had nothing to do with Hundley performance and was all about Hundley jokes. This is the last time I deal with the brilliance this forum exudes. If you aren't regurgitating Mccarthy you're attacked by brilliant mods. Go you.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading him

You sit him now, teams will be scared away..

Let him play to see if he gets better in hopes you can get at least a 5th rd pick..

Either way your screwed..

There are some serious problems with the philosophies of the front office here if we stick with a QB based on the hopes of recovering his hypothetical best case scenario 5th round draft pick trade value.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is paying any draft picks for Hundley. What he has proven is that after three years he can't score any points with a functional offensive line and a decent WR group. He wouldn't be walking onto a team with the best WR corps and a top OL. He would be traded to a team that needs lots of help, in addition to a QB. The only problem is that he'd have even less familiarity with the system.

My only reason for wanting to see Callahan play (I agree that it should wait until the Bucs game) is to know whether we have at least one QB that can adequately back up Rodgers. Right now, we don't have any QBs with trade value and apparently none that can win a game in his absence. Beating the Bears barely counts.

The Packers have drafted QBs with the long-term strategy of developing the next Rodgers. If they had truly wanted a serviceable backup, they would have picked up a veteran QB to be there. Instead, they were looking for the next young talent. Right now we have neither the up-and-comer QB or the seasoned backup.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are some serious problems with the philosophies of the front office here if we stick with a QB based on the hopes of recovering his hypothetical best case scenario 5th round draft pick trade value.
maybe, maybe not. everyone just assumes it can't be worse, but it can be, or it can be the same. On one hand, I'm of the belief he's just not smart enough to do this job. and for as poorly as he played yesterday, he did have some very nice throws. that first drive was great, right down the field until the pick. and then he had another very poor decision and then he seemed to 2nd guess everything the rest of the game or something. There is stuff there to work with. The same reason half this board thought he was going to get us a 2nd round pick, is a reason this staff is trying to develop him too.

Switch now to Kaep? that guy has done his share of sucking in the past and people are going to expect this entire offense to change for him to come in and start next week? So we change to Callahan, but I don't think he has much of a skillset either. at best he's looked like Hundley 2 preseasons ago. IF, and it's a giant IF they can get Hundley thru his growing pains, or maybe this is just who he's going to be, we might have something. Probably too little to late to help this year, but then I don't think a switch to anyone else now is going to result in anything other than someone maybe making some plays, but still making mistakes.

another start with 3 turnovers in the first half and I'd be fine yanking the kid. at some point you do have to give the team a chance to win. But if you can somehow find a way to get him to limit his mistakes, he will give us a pretty decent chance to win too. A lot of his mistakes are things you can work on and get better, but so far i'm not seeing much growth from him so I have my doubts.

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Switch now to Kaep? that guy has done his share of sucking in the past and people are going to expect this entire offense to change for him to come in and start next week?
Like they have for Hundley??? :mad: :( :roflmao: :eek: :rolleyes:

Would the entire offense not need to change for any new QB to come in and start???

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe, maybe not. everyone just assumes it can't be worse, but it can be, or it can be the same. On one hand, I'm of the belief he's just not smart enough to do this job. and for as poorly as he played yesterday, he did have some very nice throws. that first drive was great, right down the field until the pick. and then he had another very poor decision and then he seemed to 2nd guess everything the rest of the game or something. There is stuff there to work with. The same reason half this board thought he was going to get us a 2nd round pick, is a reason this staff is trying to develop him too.

Switch now to Kaep? that guy has done his share of sucking in the past and people are going to expect this entire offense to change for him to come in and start next week? So we change to Callahan, but I don't think he has much of a skillset either. at best he's looked like Hundley 2 preseasons ago. IF, and it's a giant IF they can get Hundley thru his growing pains, or maybe this is just who he's going to be, we might have something. Probably too little to late to help this year, but then I don't think a switch to anyone else now is going to result in anything other than someone maybe making some plays, but still making mistakes.

another start with 3 turnovers in the first half and I'd be fine yanking the kid. at some point you do have to give the team a chance to win. But if you can somehow find a way to get him to limit his mistakes, he will give us a pretty decent chance to win too. A lot of his mistakes are things you can work on and get better, but so far i'm not seeing much growth from him so I have my doubts.

The 'kid' now has nearly 3 years in the offensive system, and 5 games under his belt. At some point if he isn't showing progress it's pretty safe to say he's just not an NFL caliber QB.

And I don't even disagree with you that he does show tools to do some things well. He's made some nice throws, especially in Chicago, and he can do things with his feet.

But the things he does poorly are extremely alarming.

He can't read coverages. He can't go through his progressions. He doesn't make smart decisions, and often takes too long to make those bad decisions. He has absolutely no pocket presence, abandons the pocket too quickly at times and stays in it too long at others. He panics under the slightest bit of duress. There are many things Hundley does poorly that appear to be under the category of 'He either has it or he doesn't', not things that they can just burn the tape and fix with a week of practice.

I'm with the camp of giving Hundley one last game in Pittsburgh and then going to Callahan if Hundley bombs again. It really does not make a difference if Callahan is better or worse, it's not about that at this point. At 5-6 you're starting to get to a point where you have nothing to lose and should at least find out if Callahan is a viable backup QB for Rodgers going forward.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 'kid' now has nearly 3 years in the offensive system, and 5 games under his belt. At some point if he isn't showing progress it's pretty safe to say he's just not an NFL caliber QB.

And I don't even disagree with you that he does show tools to do some things well. He's made some nice throws, especially in Chicago, and he can do things with his feet.

But the things he does poorly are extremely alarming.

He can't read coverages. He can't go through his progressions. He doesn't make smart decisions, and often takes too long to make those bad decisions. He has absolutely no pocket presence, abandons the pocket too quickly at times and stays in it too long at others. He panics under the slightest bit of duress. There are many things Hundley does poorly that appear to be under the category of 'He either has it or he doesn't', not things that they can just burn the tape and fix with a week of practice.

I'm with the camp of giving Hundley one last game in Pittsburgh and then going to Callahan if Hundley bombs again. It really does not make a difference if Callahan is better or worse, it's not about that at this point. At 5-6 you're starting to get to a point where you have nothing to lose and should at least find out if Callahan is a viable backup QB for Rodgers going forward.
I pretty much agree. I don't think Hundley is getting it. He needs to at least start showing growth and this far im not sure I've seen any

Members online

Latest posts