Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

Mijapi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are maybe three teams in the NFL that would have lost to the Packers the way they played today. Luckily, they were playing against one of those teams. Still want to see them entertain some idea other than “Hundley is our man”. He’s not.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not try to enjoy having a lead and possible win instead of coming here to complain about what wasn't going right?

The shoutbox was amazing today. I only checked it at halftime and almost nobody was happy, despite the lead.

We were finally winning and most thoughts were, "We aren't winning by enough or We are winning, but this and this and this are not good."

At this point, we needed a win and got it. It doesn't matter how it looked.

We won for once. Enjoy it.
A. I am happy about the win.
B. my point is actually more in line with you than you may think. I have been very frustrated with the bashing the whole team has been taking in the media and in this forum. It seems that since Rodgers has gone down the conventional
wisdom has been that this whole team is filled with terrible players and that McCarthy is a bad coach. I don't agree with any of that. My point is that the biggest problem is simply terrible QB play. I think with average QB play this team is pretty good. I don't think Hundley has been average .... he has been terrible ( I will admit it was closer to average today). Combine that with a bad defense (which I blame Capers for) and the Offense and McCarthy didn't have a chance. I guess while it may seem like the opposite, I would like too see a little less over reaction and a more focused look into what is wrong and what is right with this team.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are maybe three teams in the NFL that would have lost to the Packers the way they played today. Luckily, they were playing against one of those teams. Still want to see them entertain some idea other than “Hundley is our man”. He’s not.
So if the packers had scored 23 points and the opposing team had scored 16, we would have only beat 3 out of 31 teams? Man those 28 other teams must be literal gods since they figured out how to beat math.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if the packers had scored 23 points and the opposing team had scored 16, we would have only beat 3 out of 31 teams? Man those 28 other teams must be literal gods since they figured out how to beat math.
Who says we score 23 against those other teams?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not try to enjoy having a lead and possible win instead of coming here to complain about what wasn't going right?

The shoutbox was amazing today. I only checked it at halftime and almost nobody was happy, despite the lead.

We were finally winning and most thoughts were, "We aren't winning by enough or We are winning, but this and this and this are not good."

At this point, we needed a win and got it. It doesn't matter how it looked.

We won for once. Enjoy it.

Self-flagellation is a favorite pastime on this forum.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize the Bears actually have a pretty good defense, right?
Yep... that doesn't prove much though ..... We got an awful lot of chances in this game because of how bad the Bears offense was... playing better teams would likely look more like last week.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who says we score 23 against those other teams?
Who says we don’t? Playing the imaginary what if game is pointless, we won, beat our division rival on their home field when they were favored and we were without Aaron Rodgers. Enjoy the win or you know take off your shirt and continue to whip your self with a cat o’ nine tails.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had some good plays and some bad plays. Not always the greatest decisions, and his blitz recognition was poor to say the least. He seems to be getting better, albeit slowly, but he is. If he gets better in recognizing pressure next week, good for him and us. Some of these things you just don't get to adapt to without seeing live bullets. I'm not sold on him, but he is getting better.

Reaction score
I disagree. Brett Hundley has improved and just won a game with a clutch throw that was $$.
The Bears came in with a Defense ranked in the top 10 overall and top 12 in scoring.
He not only put one in the W column, he did it against a decent Defense.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Brett Hundley has improved and just won a game with a clutch throw that was $$.
The Bears came in with a Defense ranked in the top 10 overall and top 12 in scoring.
He not only put one in the W column, he did it against a decent Defense.
I'm not convinced yet.... but unlike many in here... I will be happy if he continues to improve and will be very happy to eventually be proven wrong.

Packnation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had 7 incompletions and a couple of those were drops. He didn’t turn the ball over either. He did what a backup is supposed to do. They ran the ball well and he made some throws when he had, can’t fault the guy for that he played well. So many of are expecting so much out of this kid i swear.

Packnation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had 7 incompletions and a couple of those were drops. He didn’t turn the ball over either. He did what a backup is supposed to do. They ran the ball well and he made some throws when he had to can’t fault the guy for that he played well. So many of you are expecting so much out of this kid i swear.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had some good plays and some bad plays. Not always the greatest decisions, and his blitz recognition was poor to say the least. He seems to be getting better, albeit slowly, but he is. If he gets better in recognizing pressure next week, good for him and us. Some of these things you just don't get to adapt to without seeing live bullets. I'm not sold on him, but he is getting better.

It's not poor, it's atrocious. Us fans who actually have football knowledge know there are QBs out there who will not take stupid sacks when it comes. Hundley must be called out for it.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Us fans that actually have football knowledge saw the second half was much better than the first half. He got the throws out much faster and with better accuracy than in the first half. But eye, ( curses to the iOS glitch that makes an eye a weird square and A.), am not sold yet, but the second half was the best two quarters of football the new Brett has had yet. Better play calling too.

Mijapi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The niners have been one of the worst teams in football this year and they’re currently up 31-13. Sometimes teams play better or worse than normal in certain phases. The Bears defense was not good today. They also lost some points by turning the ball over on their own challenge.
For the record, SF was one of the teams I was thinking could have lost to the Packers today. I’m doubting that at the moment. Our defense is playing fine, we need to figure out some way to get the offense to be more productive and sustain drives. Hundley playing under center is a detriment to all phases of the game. He makes bad decisions that halt drives, then the defense gets short rest - over and over and over. Eventually they get tired and break. It starts with time of possession, and in order for that to improve, you need a more skilled and more intelligent quarterback at the helm. Unfortunately, I don’t know if there are any such QBs available right now.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He holds the ball waaaay to long, bad pocket presence, and Still can't anticipate throwing windows. I think at least if he could do those things hed be 1-1 because he's missed several big plays where a couple could've been touchdowns.

Reaction score
The
He holds the ball waaaay to long, bad pocket presence, and Still can't anticipate throwing windows. I think at least if he could do those things hed be 1-1 because he's missed several big plays where a couple could've been touchdowns.
Agreed. But also imagine if he can reduce 2-3 mistakes (delay of game etc..) and hit on a couple of those missed plays (Read progressions)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley injured his hammy today. I promise to God I've never seen a team like the Packers have these type of issues. You absolutely cannot tell me this doesn't have anything to do with how these guys train and stretch

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Brett Hundleys back shoulder TD pass was as good of a pass as it gets. For a flash second I thought I was looking at Rodgers. That being said, kid still has a ton of improvements to be made to get two more wins, to keep this team competitive for a potential AR return in Carolina. They need to work Davante Adams on quick out routes. He is not Aaron rodgers and wants to hold on to the football, which is why he was dropped repeatedly. With the Ravens coming into town, he has to be ready for pressure and play smarter football.

Don’t want to speak too soon guys, but if this kid can squeak out a win against Baltimore and Cleveland and AR can get on the field for Carolina, this season could be saved. The Vikings have some tough games ahead, as do the Lions.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody realize we are 5-4 right now? We have a very winnable game against Baltimore at Lambeau next week...unfortunately have to play Pittsburgh at Heinz Field but then face Tampa and Cleveland. Hundley has a lot to improve on but he got a BIG win today and looked pretty good in the second half. I think he has to tuck and run more (although he has the GB injury of choice-the hammy) and really needs to just let it rip..I think he’s afraid of the turnover. He’s what we got right now and AR isn’t gonna be back to bail this team out. Injuries have torn this team down as much as any team in the league and we’re still in the mix. I ***** as much as anyone while I’m watching the game(Davon House should not be on the field) but I love this team too much to give up on them. The pressure on Hundley has to be unbelievable trying to follow the best QB in football but hopefully he can keep improving and lead this team to a respectable record..I’ve got my fingers crossed!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
During the game today, they showed Aaron on the sidelines. Behind him, someone was opening a stick of gum. I did not see who.