Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope they take the gum away from him. QB's should be chewing gum in the huddle!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The gum has become a sticking point I think. I can't say I cared, but after the last game, I wanted to reach thru the screen and smack it out of his mouth.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I just hope they take the gum away from him. QB's should be chewing gum in the huddle!

Why ? Isn't it possible he's just stopping himself developing "cotton mouth" ?
I can't see why his chewing gum is pissing off so many people on here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why ? Isn't it possible he's just stopping himself developing "cotton mouth" ?
I can't see why his chewing gum is pissing off so many people on here.
because some things just do, smacking on gum just happens to be one of those things. I don't know why it irritates me. I thought it was just because I really disliked Pete Carroll and has smug *** attitude and his ability to defend or feign such disgust from the same calls depending on how they favored his team. Plus the fact he was part of a fairly large cheating scandal and got out of college before it could affect him leaving a lot of kids to pay the price and it's all out of sight and out of mind for him and he smacks gum like a crazed man off his meds. I thought it was disgust by association possibly?

But it turns out it's not. I just really hate watching people smack on their gum. i don't know why it grates my skin like it does. I can't stand to hear it or see it. I can't stand eating Thanksgiving dinner with my brother in law either because he eats like a ****ing cow and you can hear it a room over. Love the guy, can't stand to eat anywhere near him. I don't know why. I do know that i've had cotton mouth and if it was from nerves it goes away after a few minutes and if I need to chew gum, and I am a gum chewer, I find I can do it without anybody hardly knowing. I'm not sure why Hundley can't either :)

Anyway, I'd rather the camera man focus in on the pretty girls in the stands like they used to, or even the shirtless guy in freezing weather, or the person with a fox on his head and down to his *** between plays rather than showing Hundley chewing on cud as it adds nothing to the broadcast other than to focus in on his gum chewing habits.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

because some things just do, smacking on gum just happens to be one of those things. I don't know why it irritates me. I thought it was just because I really disliked Pete Carroll and has smug *** attitude and his ability to defend or feign such disgust from the same calls depending on how they favored his team. Plus the fact he was part of a fairly large cheating scandal and got out of college before it could affect him leaving a lot of kids to pay the price and it's all out of sight and out of mind for him and he smacks gum like a crazed man off his meds. I thought it was disgust by association possibly?

But it turns out it's not. I just really hate watching people smack on their gum. i don't know why it grates my skin like it does. I can't stand to hear it or see it. I can't stand eating Thanksgiving dinner with my brother in law either because he eats like a ******* cow and you can hear it a room over. Love the guy, can't stand to eat anywhere near him. I don't know why. I do know that i've had cotton mouth and if it was from nerves it goes away after a few minutes and if I need to chew gum, and I am a gum chewer, I find I can do it without anybody hardly knowing. I'm not sure why Hundley can't either :)

Anyway, I'd rather the camera man focus in on the pretty girls in the stands like they used to, or even the shirtless guy in freezing weather, or the person with a fox on his head and down to his *** between plays rather than showing Hundley chewing on cud as it adds nothing to the broadcast other than to focus in on his gum chewing habits.

That is a fair enough point but I'm just of the opinion as long as he does his job I'm not too bothered really.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, and he's not doing his job :) more energy on reading defenses, more energy on delivering the ball on target, less energy on chomping gum :)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
well, and he's not doing his job :) more energy on reading defenses, more energy on delivering the ball on target, less energy on chomping gum :)

Maybe we should imagine how bad he could be without gum chewing ;)

Annoys the crap out of me too. I guess I noticed almost that first snap in the Vikings game and thought "oh hell, the guy wasn't even ready to get on the field, he is still chewing gum and forgot his mouth guard". I guess not much has changed since then, he still doesn't appear to be ready to be on an NFL field and he is still chewing the gum.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If gum has any correlation with not doing one's job, Capers and Thompson are smacking through a few packs a day.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually if they focused more on the pretty girls DURING the plays we would enjoy the games more right now..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard
Maybe we should imagine how bad he could be without gum chewing ;)

Annoys the crap out of me too. I guess I noticed almost that first snap in the Vikings game and thought "oh hell, the guy wasn't even ready to get on the field, he is still chewing gum and forgot his mouth guard". I guess not much has changed since then, he still doesn't appear to be ready to be on an NFL field and he is still chewing the gum.
i don't want to imagine it much worse, you think I'm a ****** or something?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brings me back to the days when Rodgers was being protected by the play calling.... run run pass. Punt.... couldn't run to save our lives. Didn't matter one bit...
This short yardage passes, letting the stud wrs make plays, was a good game plan... but 5-10yd passes. Quick passes catching them moving forward...
What I seen was Hundley retreating 10-15 yards back and wrs coming back to him... meaning they catch the ball -5 from the line, flat footed....
When things got real ugly, McCarthy opened up the play book. And the offense at least showed some life...

Now I think we can build off what we seen... the short drop and get rid of the ball fast for Hundley. Catch the wrs moving forward. If that's not open, hold a second and look down to mid range. If that isn't there run forward. Cut your losses and get as much as you can with your legs... there shouldn't be any slow developing plays. No deep drops. Only a few deep throws on designed plays... simply put, if the safety bites on the designed play, hit the spot deep. If the safety drops back, pull the ball down and run forward.

He can run a successful offense. But the slow developing, deep drops are killing us.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok I'm tired of the general team and coach bashing. I'm not speaking about the defense. I've seen enough of Brett Hundley. Even his completed passes look like wounded ducks. I am convinced that Hundley would make the Patriots a loser. He has no pocket presence... has no idea where the rush is coming from and even when he gets a pass off it is late. instead of throwing before the receiver's break, he waits til they re standing there waiting for the ball..... I'm done listening to and reading from everyone telling me how bad this team is... well as long as Hundley is under center that's true.

Mijapi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could not agree more. I wanted to give him a chance after the first game and a half. He has more than proven he isn’t an NFL caliber quarterback, and likely doesn’t have the ability to become one. Tired of this team sticking by bad decisions. Admit he’s not the man, find the temporary man, save the season. Quit it with this “I need to coach better and help him be successful” crap. You want to make him successful, put him against mediocre college defenses - it ain’t gonna happen against professional defenses.

Packnation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys on here are so quick to bash on “our” players man.. this is his 3rd start give him a break very few players just come in to the starting role and excel in the nfl. Just calm down lol

Packnation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wounded duck? Lol

Can't understand the opinions of some posters. I wonderd if they are watching the same game.
You talking about the back shoulder on the run? Great placement, good throw, great adjustment by Adams. He’s not AR give the man some credit lol stop bashing and have faith in the packers like REAL fans of the greenbay packers are supposed to be! Cmon

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You talking about the back shoulder on the run? Great placement, good throw, great adjustment by Adams. He’s not AR give the man some credit lol stop bashing and have faith in the packers like REAL fans of the greenbay packers are supposed to be! Cmon
That was sarcasm. That passs was perfectly thrown. Hundley has played okay. He made more mistakes this week but has had some good plays. His WRs seem to have stepped up and didn' help him last few weeks.

The OP says he is the worst backup ever, I think he is better than some starting QBs starting now.

Packnation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was sarcasm. That passs was perfectly thrown. Hundley has played okay. He made more mistakes this week but has had some good plays. His WRs seem to have stepped up and didn' help him last few weeks.

The OP says he is the worst backup ever, I think he is better than some starting QBs starting now.
He’s not terrible he’s an ok backup.. i believe anyways. It’s raining so ya some of the balls are gonna get away from him or look like a “duck” but he’s played pretty good today. Running game is working today as well. Like i said earlier im more worried about our pass defense than i am our qb situation

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I love how most of you are swayed by the final score. I am ecstatic about the win. Did Hundley make a couple of nice throws ? sure. Does that change my opinion.... nope. If he eventually gets even better, I will be happy, but I saw more uncertainty than I saw anything positive. Anybody is going to make a coupe of plays... and I am very happy that he did, but I'm certainly not going to jump on the Hundley bandwagon just because the Bears still suck.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he decides to step in and throw ... Which is a BIG IF around here ... he can hit a few. But his pocket presence is still among the worst in the league.

Packnation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I love how most of you are swayed by the final score. I am ecstatic about the win. Did Hundley make a couple of nice throws ? sure. Does that change my opinion.... nope. If he eventually gets even better, I will be happy, but I saw more uncertainty than I saw anything positive. Anybody is going to make a coupe of plays... and I am very happy that he did, but I'm certainly not going to jump on the Hundley bandwagon just because the Bears still suck.
What do you honestly expect from a backup lol? Honestly he’s not AR

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not try to enjoy having a lead and possible win instead of coming here to complain about what wasn't going right?

The shoutbox was amazing today. I only checked it at halftime and almost nobody was happy, despite the lead.

We were finally winning and most thoughts were, "We aren't winning by enough or We are winning, but this and this and this are not good."

At this point, we needed a win and got it. It doesn't matter how it looked.

We won for once. Enjoy it.