Boys stud and dud

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ was awesome today.
Missed the first half, but I was pleased to see the d respond to last week’s collapse.
Putting up 34 in big D is good
Duds: **** poor play on first and goal..AGAIN
we have a fullback, use him down there. Remember Kuhn? Almost a sure thing on the goal line.
MLF gets too conservative, similar to MM of old
Pettine called off the dogs with a lead, that is going to lose games

Rodgers needs to quit *****ing and start playing. He’s starting to remind me of Jay Cutler. It’s always somebody else’s fault. He screwed up plenty today.

Did you watch the game?

The play calling was pretty damn similar from half to half

Called off the dogs? If anything this second half should be "exhibit a" on why you shouldnt keep blitzing when up big and just play coverage

H

HardRightEdge

Per Rodgers, neither of the direct snaps to Jones were intentional. They were just bad snaps. Add a couple more plusses to Jones game today for saving those plays.

I said something nice about Patrick. Now he gets a couple of dud plays to go with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: A Jones - wow what an elusive performance from him. He was jacked and it definitely showed. He was cutting back into holes and reading quite well most of the time

Patrick - came in and did what I thought was an admirable job in a big game setting

Graham - I have to do it - sorry folks but he was valuable this game, snagged a couple key grabs
Z. Smith - the man is playing with a knee issue and is playing like his hair is on fire. This man plays through pain and has a motor and intensity we have not seen for quite some time. Gotta keep his hands down though

Jenkins - this guy is a mauler and is getting better game by game. Gets a few penalties but is coming along, and he is versatile which is huge

Crosby - no hiccups this game and he held firm on his chances, hopefully he is okay after getting smoked on a kickoff

Duds: Alexander - I understand he was takin on Cooper and its a tough task, but he lost his guy more than 5 times which is uncharacteristic but he's gotta cover his guy

entire pass d mid 3rd to final - didnt finish what was a great performance up to this point...imploded and lost their edge with it still in question and it almost cost em.

All in all, this was a HUGE road W and it was ugly, real ugly, but it was a success. Growing pains at 4-1 is an amazing feat. This new HC has a lot to learn about common sense and play calling and running plays that adjust to the game, but over all this is shaping up to be a fun year.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ was awesome today.
Missed the first half, but I was pleased to see the d respond to last week’s collapse.
Putting up 34 in big D is good
Duds: **** poor play on first and goal..AGAIN
we have a fullback, use him down there. Remember Kuhn? Almost a sure thing on the goal line.
MLF gets too conservative, similar to MM of old
Pettine called off the dogs with a lead, that is going to lose games
Rodgers needs to quit *****ing and start playing. He’s starting to remind me of Jay Cutler. It’s always somebody else’s fault. He screwed up plenty today.
I agree with most of what you said especially about how bad they seem to be inside the 3 yard line. It seemed to me that they were just holding on in the second half, trying to withstand the Dallas onslaught. I will always believe in the old saying that "prevent defense only prevents you from winning" - Hard to disagree with your assessment of Rodgers but let's hope to God that he doesn't quit caring like Cutler did. Rodgers definitely seems to have a bur up his ***. Never, ever seems happy. Even when he does smile it seems fake. Lots of cash, nice girlfriend, plays in football heaven - what is there to be pissy about?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this:

Josh Jackson is not good. Bad tackler, decent at shoving guys out of bounds, has slow feet.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Rodgers was amazing on that Tonyan catch. He can still be every bit the assassin.

H

HardRightEdge

Stud: Inside zone
Dud: Outside zone

This was discussed in the postgame interviews. For whatever reason, the outside zone blocking has been a mess all season. Bad spacing, confusion over who blocks whom, a lot of reach blocking, guys unblocked. They ran it a couple of times tonight and it still looked way off despite Jones overall numbers. It is not much different than McCarthy's stretch zone, which looked a whole lot better than this, so it is a bit hard to fathom.

These guys look a lot better firing off the line and getting physical on the inside zone. Jenkins had a couple plays firing, chipping on the way to second level, then knocking a guy down. He's becoming a player. Patrick was doing some mauling too.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Titans couldn't get the outside zone working for Petals until the back end of the season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dud: Aikman going full homer, saying he "hates to say it" but the late hit on Rodgers was legit. Clown.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones -what a weapon, his quickness is amazing
Lucas Patrick held up
Z- Relentless pass rush
Jenkins - nice job in his second start. Kid will be good!
DUDS
Alexander - Picked on and torched the whole game. Was downright aweful.
Josh Jackson ' He's never in position to make a play. Slow feet.Getting to the point where he's entering bust territory.
Wr's they needed to step up and were AWOL. Packers don't have a no 2 WR. Its clear.

H

HardRightEdge

Have you watched the Chiefs or are you just buying into the media hype? Their defense is worse than last year! Terrible run D giving up over 6 yards a carry.
The Colts ran the ball 45 times to take down the "mighty" Chiefs in Kansas City, 16-13. Whoops. Justin Houston looked pretty satisified. ;)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rashan Gary is getting better each game.

Had back to back nice plays getting Dak on the perimeter, and then holding his gap well to stop Zeke for no gain.

That roughing call on him was complete and total BS.

Reaction score
4-1

If some you guys think we had duds, You should see the tweets from Dallas fans after the game. The look on Jerry Jones face they posted was priceless!

Studs:
-game clock management (near 37 min!) we completely controlled this game.
-JK!!! Near 50 yard average. He’s a field tilter. Those were huge.
-Using RBs in the passing game!!! Finally!!!
-Obviously AJ
-Our O line played good overall but for some drive killing fouls committed.
-Kevin King nearly had 2 INT , plus 1 FF. Dudes rising to the occasion.
-Chandon Sullivan is going to start one day.
-The defenders trying to rip the ball, loved that and it’s just a matter of time.
-Graham stepped up

you know you have a good D when Alexander is your weak link

Duds: kept them in the game with too many late game fouls. You don’t want that clock stopping under any circumstance. Particularly running plays with 12 sec left on game clock, that can cost us a game.

Last edited:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a team with a very solid defense who gets worn down in the second half because they have a very bad second half offense. Again they do absolutely hardly anything in the entire second half on that side of the ball and it almost cost us. It is hard for the defense to be in the field all the time. Ppl don’t understand that because they are giving up points ...but that’s mostly to blame on offense.

Lafleur Has shown all 5 games hes not capable of adjusting. He goes away from what’s working just like MM did
rodell, really, dude.

You just said it yourself. I know you know football, but, new system and week 5.... right?

Think we are all in the same general area as fans. Myself, been thinking they get 4-6 weeks before I make judgments, and even that may be too early. Offensively.

Things started coming together offensively, and a good defense adjusted in Q3. We won in a very hostile environment.

Losing Linsley didn’t help, but Patrick replaced well. Run blocking was quite good.

Studs: Matt LaFleur, Aaron Jones, Elgton Jenkins, Za’Darius Smith, Preston Smith, Chandon Sullivan, Blake Martinez, Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage, Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, JK Scott, MVS, Jimmy Graham, Robert Tonyan, Aaron Rodgers. Mike Pettine.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres a dud.

Pettine for NOT going to to a prevent or soft zone defense

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty funny. Gleeful, wtf? How much fun would that be if not for the complaining?

Who the F made Jaire a dud? Shame. Naked through the streets, flogged, spit on shame...

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rashan Gary is getting better each game.

Had back to back nice plays getting Dak on the perimeter, and then holding his gap well to stop Zeke for no gain.

That roughing call on him was complete and total BS.
Totally, totally agree. Slow & steady wins the race.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought everyone played very well aside from the receivers . WE NEED SOME OPTIONS BESIDE ADAMS

Gee, I remember many thinking we had 7 great receivers in preseason. We do tend to overrate our own. Aside from Adams, the receivers are just mediocre, with only MVS even having the potential to be above average. It's a definite need but it'll have to wait for free agency or the draft.

Members online

Latest posts