Blake Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

FG is special teams, i don't care who was playing that, when you're playing it like GB did, they had a perfect fake call. I don't care who your ILB was, or DB was or OLB or safety whoever was in Hawks position, he was in a no win position. Take the defender, take the passer, it was going to be converted.

We have to agree to disagree on that topic. But there´s absolutely no doubt the fake field goal was on Brad Jones and A.J. Hawk. The Seahawks only tried it because Jones was on the field and Hawk couldn´t have played it any worse.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to agree to disagree on that topic. But there´s absolutely no doubt the fake field goal was on Brad Jones and A.J. Hawk. The Seahawks only tried it because Jones was on the field and Hawk couldn´t have played it any worse.
of course it was on those 2, because those were the 2 in that position. I don't care if you had put Burnett in Jones' spot and Sam Shields in AJ Hawks spot. For some reason, our esteemed special teams coach didn't have them all playing for a fake FG. I would have been in a regular defense mode, as it was obvious 3 points would mean nothing to them at all. We all saw it sitting here as fans. But they didn't for some reason. At best it's just a 4th down conversion. and Hawk was in a no win situation.

D

Deleted member 6794

of course it was on those 2, because those were the 2 in that position. I don't care if you had put Burnett in Jones' spot and Sam Shields in AJ Hawks spot. For some reason, our esteemed special teams coach didn't have them all playing for a fake FG. I would have been in a regular defense mode, as it was obvious 3 points would mean nothing to them at all. We all saw it sitting here as fans. But they didn't for some reason. At best it's just a 4th down conversion. and Hawk was in a no win situation.

As I´ve mentioned above the Seahakws specifically targeted Brad Jones on the fake field goal:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/19/nfc-c...wks-special-teams-onside-kick-fake-field-goal

In addition Hawk played it absolutely terrible as he should have covered Gilliam under all circumstances until Ryan had crossed the line of scrimmage. With the play being a fourth-and-10 he should have been able to tackle a punter before the first down marker.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know they targeted Jones because he was on the field, because that's how our coaches sent him on on FG's. If it wasn't, why did he always play it that way, why did the Seahawks know it, and why wasn't it changed for that situation? If it was Burnett doing the same job as Jones it wouldnt' have mattered, because the job that had the person in that position doing was very dumb for that situation. And Hawk should have covered his man, I still think it was a conversion regardless. Could have stopped the TD, yes, on that play.

D

Deleted member 6794

i know they targeted Jones because he was on the field, because that's how our coaches sent him on on FG's. If it wasn't, why did he always play it that way, why did the Seahawks know it, and why wasn't it changed for that situation? If it was Burnett doing the same job as Jones it wouldnt' have mattered, because the job that had the person in that position doing was very dumb for that situation.

I agree that Slocum should have been aware of it and changed it long before the Seahawks were able to exploit it.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STOP TALKING ABOUT THE 2014 NFCCG. IT HURTS TOO MUCH STILL

:cry:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody with a football iq above a snail could predict that Seattle would try that fake fg. I was yelling at my TV at the time that a fake was immenent given the score. While Slocum and MM were asleep at the switch, Hawk aND Jones should have been able to anticipate the play, if a fan like myself knew what was coming. It was inexcusable and cost the Packers a trip to the SB.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´m quite sure allowing 20 points because of a lack of talent at a single position had a significant impact on that NFCCG.
That works for the last 5:04 minutes, but it's not like the talent went away at that point. They had enough talent at ILB to dominate that game for the first 54:56 minutes. If not, they would have been exploited from the start. The plain and simple fact is that the players felt that the game was won, and handed momentum to the Seahawks. Clay Matthews high-fiving everyone and laughing on the sidelines clearly showed the team mentality with five minutes to go.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How does another rehash of a game two seasons ago belong in a thread about a player that wasn't on the team?

CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.