Bigby and Harris

packerfan1441

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today the Atari Bigby and Al Harris returned to practice, how soon does everyone think they can come back and really make a difference in that secondary, and it will they be enough to get us back on the right track defensively?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Harris I heard can help out this weekend...If he can help out on 25% of the plays that would be GREAT!

Bigby, I personally dont like him..I think 07 was his best year and he hasnt done anything FOR ME since then

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive been REALLY waiting for Harris to return. We need his speed and visciousness back on the field. he's always been one of my favorites to watch play.. Bigby.. well I really dont give a f**k.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Bigby can actually show something again, but I am really excited to see Al back on the field, it's been way too long, just hope he stays healthy.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Notebook: Bigby And Harris Return

For a Green Bay team that has had to deal with its share of significant injuries this season, having a pair of veteran defensive backs return to the practice field on Wednesday was a welcome sight.

Source: Packers.com

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Al will be just fine in man coverage, but might struggle a little in zone, due to the personnel changes. Good zone coverage requires the entire backfield to function as a unit, and Al just hasn't had any time to get used to how this "patchwork" unit moves.

I would guess that Bigby might struggle a bit as well, and for the same reasons. But when he is in the right spot to make a play, he could be completely dangerous to the opposition. Bigby's got 6 weeks of frustration built-up. Somebody gonna feel some pain.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Al will be just fine in man coverage, but might struggle a little in zone, due to the personnel changes. Good zone coverage requires the entire backfield to function as a unit, and Al just hasn't had any time to get used to how this "patchwork" unit moves.

I would guess that Bigby might struggle a bit as well, and for the same reasons. But when he is in the right spot to make a play, he could be completely dangerous to the opposition. Bigby's got 6 weeks of frustration built-up. Somebody gonna feel some pain.
Yea a lot of Woodsons lack of big plays is he kind of has to play baby sitter right now with so many young players out there. Once we get Harris and Bigby back he will have a little more freedom to find the big plays knowing hes got 2 really good guys behind him.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been down on Harris a lot since he got worked by Plaxico in the NFC Championship game, ever since then I havent trusted him as much.. Hopefully he can come in and put in some good work though, there won't be as much pressure on him now that Williams is a very solid NFL starting corner...

Bigby is not cream of the crop by any means, but he is worlds above Charlie Peprah IMO.. Hopefully Smith can help out too, I liked him a lot in the pre season he was here, couldnt believe we cut him, so im excited to see what he's got to offer

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been down on Harris a lot since he got worked by Plaxico in the NFC Championship game, ever since then I havent trusted him as much.. Hopefully he can come in and put in some good work though, there won't be as much pressure on him now that Williams is a very solid NFL starting corner...

Bigby is not cream of the crop by any means, but he is worlds above Charlie Peprah IMO.. Hopefully Smith can help out too, I liked him a lot in the pre season he was here, couldnt believe we cut him, so im excited to see what he's got to offer

I have been down on Harris since that game as well but he will be an upgrade compared to what is back there right now. Alot of people have been ******* Bigby but isn't this the last year of his contract? He has something to prove and he knows its all about the $$$$$$$.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been down on Harris since that game as well but he will be an upgrade compared to what is back there right now. Alot of people have been ******* Bigby but isn't this the last year of his contract? He has something to prove and he knows its all about the $$$$$$$.

Bigby should have something to prove after the first couple games, Burnett got hurt, he looked good. I think he will have Bigby's spot next year anyways barring a lights out rest of the year for Bigby.. I hope Bigby puts up some competition for our sake!

OP
OP
packerfan1441

packerfan1441

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that Matthews is playing Sunday, the defense will look even more like the d that was so anticipated this off season, I think we're going to see a drastic change in the next couple weeks

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt, the D will look good on Sunday Night, its the Offense we need to worry about now. Arron needs to spread it out a bit w/ audibles and hope Bulaga can hold his own this week. Also Dom needs to realize that Bulaga needs some help and get it for him EARLY rather than let him be run over play after play.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt, the D will look good on Sunday Night, its the Offense we need to worry about now. Arron needs to spread it out a bit w/ audibles and hope Bulaga can hold his own this week. Also Dom needs to realize that Bulaga needs some help and get it for him EARLY rather than let him be run over play after play.

You are hired!!! Report directly to the Greenbay Packers HQ's immediatley!!! lol

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigby should have something to prove after the first couple games, Burnett got hurt, he looked good. I think he will have Bigby's spot next year anyways barring a lights out rest of the year for Bigby.. I hope Bigby puts up some competition for our sake!

bigby last year wasnt that good in coverage but that dude was a missle in the run game. In MM transcript today it sound like bigby and harris was doing good in practice bigby with a pick and al jumping routes. Glad to not hear any limping or set backs on them. from the way MM sound it seems like they both will play in sundays game. source packers.com

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would DOM give Bulaga help?? DOM is the DC not the OC...LOL

Ahhhhh........I had a brain fart. lol I get talking about the Packers and I just start thinking about all of our problems. I was thinking about MM getting Bulaga some help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts