best corner in the league

OP
OP
N

nastynice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should be fine this coming year. McFadden goes down real easily, but is as dangerous a RB you'll find when in the open field. Last year, over 90% of McFadden's runs were between the tackles, but we got Hue Jackson for an offensive coordinator this year, so i'm thinking he should be put in space a lot more. Last year, Tom Cable was the head coach AND the OC (I dont blame him for struggling, just two years ago he was just the o line coach), so we had a lot of problems as far as play calling is concerned. He's also a GREAT recieving running back, so hopefully he's put in motion a lot more. He shouldn't be the #1 running back tho, I'm hoping that Michael Bush gets that role, he seems better fit for it.

DHB looks to be on the right track as well, his route running and blocking improved substantially throughout the course of last year but his hands are still an issue. Word out of OTA's is that he has dramatically improved his hands this offseason, but I'm not gonna get excited 'til I see it on the field. Although I was happy with the pick, I was not happy with WHERE the pick took place (#7 overall) and unfortunately I think Crabtree will have a better career than DHB. DHB has VERY GOOD work ethic, and has been in oakland/alameda since two weeks after last year finished for us, so that's good to know as a raider fan after dealing w/ the whole jamarcus experiment. I hope his hands improve, poor kid caught a lot of undeserved heat last year (with the media and believe it or not with raider fans) for being drafted ahead of crabtree. Sad to say, any WR taken in the top 10 should be a #1 WR, but as of right now he's the 3rd best wr on the team

All in all, I don't expect either player to live up the hype of a #4 and #7 pick, but what's happened has happened, and they are still very talented and very young, as long as they can be productive I'm all right with that. . A lot of oakland fans are looking at this season as the "make it or break it" for these two draft picks.

OP
OP
N

nastynice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha, u ****ers were just talkin ****?!? I wrote a long *** serious post...

who IS ur rb and slot reciever?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh thats just mean

haha, u ****ers were just talkin ****?!? I wrote a long *** serious post...

who IS ur rb and slot reciever?
NONONO!!!

I wasn't talking ****!
LOL.
I wanted to know because it doesn't do much right if JaCarcus is out, but all Gradkowski and Campbell have to throw to is Zach Miller and maybe Louis Murphy... And they can't get a running game going if only Michael Bush (whom I like) is carrying the ball.

This offense needs someone opposing D's fear, and, as of last year, there was noone you would gameplan against...

For the record, I thought that McFadden was a nice pick. I knew about his dead upon contact problem (mainly in the legs), but he was such a force in college. DHB, I thought it was as bad as the Alualu pick this year, though... Never liked his hands.

OP
OP
N

nastynice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was talkin **** about our (the packers') RB and slot reciever.....

I thought u guys had a nice offense? who's ur rb and slot? Driver and Jennings are both more than serviceable, so i'm guessing its neither of those guys...

OP
OP
N

nastynice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NONONO!!!

I wasn't talking ****!
LOL.
I wanted to know because it doesn't do much right if JaCarcus is out, but all Gradkowski and Campbell have to throw to is Zach Miller and maybe Louis Murphy... And they can't get a running game going if only Michael Bush (whom I like) is carrying the ball.

This offense needs someone opposing D's fear, and, as of last year, there was noone you would gameplan against...

For the record, I thought that McFadden was a nice pick. I knew about his dead upon contact problem (mainly in the legs), but he was such a force in college. DHB, I thought it was as bad as the Alualu pick this year, though... Never liked his hands.

o good, haha, then i didnt waste my breath with that last post.

yea, honestly we don't have any true threats on offense, pretty much just a bunch of players that we're hoping will grow into their own. Two of our recievers are going into their 2nd year (murphy and DHB) and one into his 3rd (Schilens). Both our backs are going into their 3rd year. Our TE Miller's going into his 4th.

Yea, I think DHB pick and Alualu pick is the perfect comparison. Its not the players are bad (DHB was still projected a late 1st rounder, just not top ten, especially w/ crabtree still on the board), but they just seemed to have been taken a lot higher than they should've been. A lot of raider fans hate on DHB, but honestly its not his fault he was taken that high, i feel like he caught a lot of heat for something that's out of his hands, and as far as him as a player he's doing all that anyone can ask for, which is work his *** off trying to improve. ...doesn't lessen the blow of us skippin on crabtree tho :swoon2:

OP
OP
N

nastynice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was talkin **** about our (the packers') RB and slot reciever.....

o thats right, ryan grant. what r u talkin about, he's not bad at all. well sounds like u meant recieving-wise...can't comment as far as that, i have no idea

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
o thats right, ryan grant. what r u talkin about, he's not bad at all. well sounds like u meant recieving-wise...can't comment as far as that, i have no idea
Slot receiver we got jordy nelson, who's IMHO very good.

About receiving RB, or fast RBs, we really lack. We hope our 6th rounder Starks can be it.

But we don't have a McFadden or a Bush to be that dynamic, change of pace...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mean any disrespect toward anyone or any team, BOTH Packers and Raiders. Just saying that each team has its own flaws and that the pieces that one team has are missing on the other, very interchangeable. For instance, the Packers imo are missing a true slot receiver who can take advantage of the double-teams/heavy coverage on the #1 or the #2 guys with good speed and breakaway ability, a la DHB or a safety valve in a receiving back, a la Darren Mcfadden. The same goes for the Raiders in that they now need a franchise QB, a la Aaron Rogers. Nonetheless every team in the NFL has it's own missing pieces, there's nothing you can do about it, just have to make it work.

Now going back to the Raiders' case, like you said nastynice I agree that DHB is making strides to show everyone why he was the 7th overall pick in the draft. It's only OTAs and minicamps so far but the potential to explode anytime during the season is definitely there. I myself actually thought DHB was a great receiver coming out of college, maybe not 7th overall quality but somewhere in the low 1st to mid 2nd round. The way that DHB needs to show his skills though is out of the slot. Now I know everyone wants the kid to be a number 1 target but a slot receiver can be just as deadly if used properly. One doesn't have to look far to see that in Arizona's Steve Breaston and Minnesota's Parvinder. Like you said nastynice it's a big relief that the Raiders have an OC to work with now, who could find a way to do something like this to help DHB.

OP
OP
N

nastynice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^ oh, i didn't take anything as disrespect, i did think u guys were raggin on the raiders for a second but it dont bother me, its part of the fun in sports.

u packer fans are cool as hell, I can tell u guys truly love the game of football, and although opinions vary at least you know what you're talkin about and have ur reasons for thinking the way u do. I asked this same question on a jets board, there were some real football fans there but like 80% of the people were like Revis is the best the others suck, mark sanchez is the best qb, shonn green the best rb...etc. I was like wtf, relax

watching games in GB must be one hell of an experience, u guys got a rich history, and i heard the whole town basically goes to the stadium on sundays to watch the game.

Mid last season the packers really hit their stride, that loss to AZ must've been tough for u guys but u got good things to look forward to this coming season. Bryan Bulaga is a great prospect and an absolute steal to get with the #23 pick. I know his arms are a bit short but he's got great technique and skill. I think 90% of raider nation would've been happy with that pick at the #8 spot (assuming okung and williams were off the board by then, which they were), so for u to get him 15 spots back seems like a good deal to me. Good luck in 2010 packer fans. Unless we meet in the superbowl!!! haha, i can dream can't i?

pleasure talkin to u guys

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^ oh, i didn't take anything as disrespect, i did think u guys were raggin on the raiders for a second but it dont bother me, its part of the fun in sports.

u packer fans are cool as hell, I can tell u guys truly love the game of football, and although opinions vary at least you know what you're talkin about and have ur reasons for thinking the way u do. I asked this same question on a jets board, there were some real football fans there but like 80% of the people were like Revis is the best the others suck, mark sanchez is the best qb, shonn green the best rb...etc. I was like wtf, relax

watching games in GB must be one hell of an experience, u guys got a rich history, and i heard the whole town basically goes to the stadium on sundays to watch the game.

Mid last season the packers really hit their stride, that loss to AZ must've been tough for u guys but u got good things to look forward to this coming season. Bryan Bulaga is a great prospect and an absolute steal to get with the #23 pick. I know his arms are a bit short but he's got great technique and skill. I think 90% of raider nation would've been happy with that pick at the #8 spot (assuming okung and williams were off the board by then, which they were), so for u to get him 15 spots back seems like a good deal to me. Good luck in 2010 packer fans. Unless we meet in the superbowl!!! haha, i can dream can't i?

pleasure talkin to u guys
Just for the record, I really liked your whole draft. I think the Raiders, along with the Seahawks, were the clear winners of the draft.

Don't take it as an offense, but I kinda thought they lured Al Davis to someplace else, and actually got someone who knows about football rather than 40 yard dashes and bench presses to make the picks... (yeah, I know, in the mid 80's you could really tell if a player was good by those drills, it was revolutionary, but nowadays everybody prepares for them, so you can't tell if the guy is an elite athlete or not just by him running without pads and lifting weight...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts