Being 3-1 with Pro Bowlers out...

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has got to be the biggest win IMHO...

I mean, without Daniels and Baktiari who are the "studs" for our Dline and Oline respectively by a long shot

Not to mention Bulaga who has been vital as well....

I think that has to be the biggest takeaway...

Pretty impressive I guess...or somewhat

Also I gotta laugh at how deep our cornerback rotation is now because it was so bad last year

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are right where I thought we would be, losing to either Seattle or Atlanta and beating the Bengals and Bears. That's with all of these injured players. Especially in light of the injuries, I think that we are likely going to lose one or both of the next two games and probably struggle against any "easy" opponent after that. We'll still be in playoff shape by year's end - the caveat being that injuries like this don't usually continue throughout the season. We're probably on pace with the 2010 team for IR players, but not as many of them this year are starters.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See no reason why we should expect to lose against anyone besides Atlanta

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The team is 3-1 and that's where I expected them to be before the year started.

Even with the injuries, there's absolutely no excuse to lose to either the Bengals or Bears at home.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've played 2 great games, and 2 sub-par games, and we're 3-1. The sub-par performances scare me. No WAY at home, on the road or on another planet that we shouldn't have whipped Cincinnati I don't care if we were using our practice squad guys.

D

Deleted member 6794

We are right where I thought we would be, losing to either Seattle or Atlanta and beating the Bengals and Bears. That's with all of these injured players. Especially in light of the injuries, I think that we are likely going to lose one or both of the next two games and probably struggle against any "easy" opponent after that. We'll still be in playoff shape by year's end - the caveat being that injuries like this don't usually continue throughout the season. We're probably on pace with the 2010 team for IR players, but not as many of them this year are starters.

It's entirely possible that Bakhtiari, Bulaga and Daniels will be able to play at Dallas next week. If that's the case I fully expect the Packers to win at Dallas and Minnesota over the next two weeks.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under the circumstances I think this is a good thing. I also think there are some rough diamonds that need more looks on this team.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Randall's benching in favor of Hawkins is permanent, I think the Packers will improve because they have no place to go but up with that cb spot. That said with the brutal road schedule, I think we are looking at another 10-6 or 11-5 season with the usual playoff win and ugly road loss in the playoffs. Atlanta has just physically mauled the Packers at home. Rodgers is right without home field advantage the path to the SB is a very low probability.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If Randall's benching in favor of Hawkins is permanent, I think the Packers will improve because they have no place to go but up with that cb spot. That said with the brutal road schedule, I think we are looking at another 10-6 or 11-5 season with the usual playoff win and ugly road loss in the playoffs. Atlanta has just physically mauled the Packers at home. Rodgers is right without home field advantage the path to the SB is a very low probability.
We're going to secure the #1 seed.

D

Deleted member 6794

House should be back pretty soon as well and most likely start in place of Randall. The cornerback position isn't a strength by any means but should be good enough for the Packers to compete for the #1 seed in the NFC.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons lose. The Cowboys lose. We've got a chance to put Uncle Jerruh's boys in a deep hole next week.
Sittin' pretty gang.
Sittin' pretty.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC has 6 or so team that could claim to be one of the top teams currently. None of the one loss teams has been overly dominant and each could easily have another loss. However, I am happy with where the Packers currently are. If I did a quick ranking of the 1 loss teams it would be
1. Falcons
2. Lions
3. Packers
4. Eagles
5. Rams
6. Panthers
7. Bucs
8. Redskins

2 loss teams include Cowboys, Vikings, Cards and Seahawks

6 teams currently on pace for a 12-4 record.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's still early on, but it's nice to see that the Falcons are at least vulnerable. I know they went up against a good defense in that game, and they also were without J. Jones and Sanu for much of it, but still. To see a team go toe to toe with them like that in their building was encouraging.

D

Deleted member 6794

The NFC has 6 or so team that could claim to be one of the top teams currently. None of the one loss teams has been overly dominant and each could easily have another loss. However, I am happy with where the Packers currently are. If I did a quick ranking of the 1 loss teams it would be
1. Falcons
2. Lions
3. Packers
4. Eagles
5. Rams
6. Panthers
7. Bucs
8. Redskins

In my opinion there's no reason to rank the Lions ahead of the Packers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected at least 2-2...but I'm very happy with 3-1, especially with the annual injury plague that hits this franchise every year.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion there's no reason to rank the Lions ahead of the Packers.

Mainly doing it because the lions played way better against Atlanta and have a road conference win. I think it is close and if the Packers show me the last 6 quarters of football are for real then they jump up

D

Deleted member 6794

Mainly doing it because the lions played way better against Atlanta and have a road conference win. I think it is close and if the Packers show me the last 6 quarters of football are for real then they jump up

I fully expect the Lions to implode over the course of the season once again.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect the Lions to implode over the course of the season once again.

I hope you are right but they feel like that boring fundamentally sound team that could stick around. Although like I said about the vikings this time last year - that turnover differential is really unlikely to hold and if it doesn't Detroit will implode like you said. That is exactly what happened to the vikings last season. Their defense quit scoring points and getting insane amounts of turnovers and they imploded.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With Cook tearing his ACL.....the Vikings just got even worse on Offense. Lions are the Packers only real threat in the North.

D

Deleted member 6794

Although like I said about the vikings this time last year - that turnover differential is really unlikely to hold and if it doesn't Detroit will implode like you said. That is exactly what happened to the vikings last season. Their defense quit scoring points and getting insane amounts of turnovers and they imploded.

True, it's highly unlikely the Lions defense will continue to create that many turnovers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I expected at least 2-2...but I'm very happy with 3-1, especially with the annual injury plague that hits this franchise every year.
I’m very pleased as well so far. The team has adapted well to the crazy amount of injuries on the O-Line and to some of their other top players on defense. Kudo’s to McCarthy and Campen especially for keeping this train on the tracks. There are only a very few teams that can win starting their 6th and 7th options at OT.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m very pleased as well so far. The team has adapted well to the crazy amount of injuries on the O-Line and to some of their other top players on defense. Kudo’s to McCarthy and Campen especially for keeping this train on the tracks. There are only a very few teams that can win starting their 6th and 7th options at OT.

I don't expect the Packers to win a lot of games with four guards starting on the offensive line against better competition than the Bears though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't expect the Packers to win a lot of games with four guards starting on the offensive line against better competition than the Bears though.
How long do you think those 4 will be starting?

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has got to be the biggest win IMHO...

I mean, without Daniels and Baktiari who are the "studs" for our Dline and Oline respectively by a long shot

Not to mention Bulaga who has been vital as well....

I think that has to be the biggest takeaway...

Pretty impressive I guess...or somewhat

Also I gotta laugh at how deep our cornerback rotation is now because it was so bad last year

The Packers have been in survival mode the last few weeks, and to com out of it 3-1 is a big positive.

That said, what matters now is where they go from here. It's a solid start; I hope they can build on it.

Members online

Latest posts