Being 3-1 with Pro Bowlers out...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope that Bakhtiari and Bulaga are able to play at Dallas on Sunday.
Me too. I’m still very pleased at how the O-line performed against a Bears defensive front that many people felt was pretty good.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m still very pleased at how the O-line performed against a Bears defensive front that many people felt was pretty good.

There's no doubt the patchwork offensive line performed at a surprisingly high level vs. the Bears. I don't believe that unit would be able to keep it up over the course of an entire season though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There's no doubt the patchwork offensive line performed at a surprisingly high level vs. the Bears. I don't believe that unit would be able to keep it up over the course of an entire season though.

Nor would they probably fair well against the better teams. While the injuries sucked, the timing couldn't have been any better as far as facing two weak teams at home. Maybe the stars are aligning for a great season.....that is, if the injuries stop or at least slow down to a trickle.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey look at it this way...the injuries to our main guys usually start happening around week 6-8...since they started early this year we should be completely healthy by playoff time haha

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Hey look at it this way...the injuries to our main guys usually start happening around week 6-8...since they started early this year we should be completely healthy by playoff time haha

Rodell, I don't recognize you when you put that Optimism hat on.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodell, I don't recognize you when you put that Optimism hat on.

Lots of odd things happening this year. It all started with TT being awake during the free agent signing period. I am predicting that by the end of the season Capers has a bust in Canton lined up and Jeff Janis is Pro Bowl and on his way with Capers to Canton!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of odd things happening this year. It all started with TT being awake during the free agent signing period. I am predicting that by the end of the season Capers has a bust in Canton lined up and Jeff Janis is Pro Bowl and on his way with Capers to Canton!
Lol you might as well suggest that Thompson will release Rodgers and start Janis at QB :rolleyes:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean you haven't been following the breaking news on ESPN today? ;)
Maybe instead of releasing him... he'll suspend him for ...hmm maybe 24 games... seemss like an appropriate punishment for that pick six against the Bengals.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I fully expect the Lions to implode over the course of the season once again.

They didn't exactly implode last year. They were 8-4 before Stafford tore the ligaments in middle finger on his throwing hand. 9-4 after they went on to win that game against Chicago where Stafford got hurt. There isn't a single quarterback in this league who is going to play the same after an injury like that. Now, I'm not saying had that not happened they would have won out or anything, I just think it's a little misleading to use the term 'implode'.

D

Deleted member 6794

They didn't exactly implode last year. They were 8-4 before Stafford tore the ligaments in middle finger on his throwing hand. 9-4 after they went on to win that game against Chicago where Stafford got hurt. There isn't a single quarterback in this league who is going to play the same after an injury like that. Now, I'm not saying had that not happened they would have won out or anything, I just think it's a little misleading to use the term 'implode'.

The Lions have a history of blowing games late in the season though. They have to prove me wrong before I consider them a viable threat to the Packers for the division crown.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With the Lions last playoff win coming in 1991 and prior to that 1957.......I don't worry t0o much about the Lions. :coffee:

They have only played in 20 playoff games and are a meager 7-13. With 6 of those wins being in 1957 and earlier.

Sorry, it would suck to be a Lions fan.

Little tidbits like this make me want to go out and buy TT a fruit basket!

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
The Lions have a history of blowing games late in the season though. They have to prove me wrong before I consider them a viable threat to the Packers for the division crown.

Fair enough. You can't view 2016 as a late season implosion in the same light as other years given the significant injury to Stafford is all that I'm saying.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No chance to build continuity. Too many key players out, affecting game planning.
The thing is this; we're 1/4th into the season and we still don't know what we have.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thought I would mention we are now 4-1 and we still have yet to play a game as a healthy team

I'm still happy b/c wins aren't easy to come by in the NFL but...

man I really hope this defense can figure it out...

Yeah having Bahktiari who is a true franchise type LT back will obviously help our OLine, so it will be interesting to see just how much more potent our O can get.

But.... this defense looks terrible. I'm sure having Daniels back at 100% will be nice but ... we have to really hope King and Brice(who has looked good) and Jones can develop into something b/c i'm just not confident in this secondary honestly. It seems like good to elite offenses should be able to move the ball at will against us

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like good to elite offenses should be able to move the ball at will against us
Elite offenses should be able to move the ball against any defense short of elite ones. Then it should be win some lose some. That is to me the definition of elite. Just stop that patsies and win a few stops against the elite offenses is all we need. Depend on our elite offense to not shit the bed against above average or less defenses.

D

Deleted member 6794

Elite offenses should be able to move the ball against any defense short of elite ones. Then it should be win some lose some. That is to me the definition of elite. Just stop that patsies and win a few stops against the elite offenses is all we need. Depend on our elite offense to not shit the bed against above average or less defenses.

While it's extremely difficult to contain elite offenses the Packers defense has done worse than most other teams in that area over the past few years, especially during the playoffs. Unfortunately this year's squad doesn't seem to have improved by any means.

Members online

Latest posts