1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bear fans coming out of the woodwork...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Nov 19, 2010.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Is anyone else starting to see this? I have noticed more new Bear coats and more bear fans starting to talk loud and be obnoxious as to how good the 2010 Bears are. The standard train of thought is " Our Offense might be suspect, but we don't need too many points with the defense we have."

My standard response is " Yea,you got a quarterback with a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head, your defense has not beaten anybody yet that is good or not hurt, and you play all the tough teams at home. I am totally unimpressed."

Just when I thought I had heard enough of the queenie fans, now these idiots are talking smack. I remember a few years ago when those idiots went to the Super bowl, whenever I saw anybody out with some sort of Bear clothing on , I would say the same thing. " Uh, excuse me, you left the price tag on that..." Most of them always looked , and I just smiled as I walked away.:chisux::viksux::chisux:

2. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45
    Well what do you expect, this would happen with any team. There's a lot of fair weather fans in any fan base, Packers included.

Buuuuut living close to the Illinois border does make it that much more unbearable haha.

3. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    it will be funny, those slugs will then cover themselves up again once they begin their decline...starting next week.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I remember early last year, they were talking all sorts of trash. Cutler was better than Rodgers, Forte was one of the best RBs in the league, etc...

Then we dismantled them and their season went heywire, and... Nothing...

5. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    Yeah, a lady at church Sunday had a Bears shirt on...she said she doesn't like football, but since she's from Illinois, she felt obligated...whatever :chisux:

6. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Wow! wearing a sports shirt to church!?!? Under obligation no less!

Thankfully I don't see either too many Bear or Vikings fans... wheew!

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Nothing wrong with having faith in your team. I do think the Bears are gonna tank the rest of the season but I could be wrong. I will give the Bears this, they are doing better than the Vikings! But to me they still suck! :chisux:

8. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Wow, that's classy. Can't wait for their trip to Lambeau when we dismantle them.

9. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    it's not cold enough for the bears to hibernate,and as far as wearing my packer tops to church I do but it is when I go to my evening lessons there are some that do during morning worship but I don't think God cares,as long as you come to see him.So I'm a proud grandma pack fan all the time summer winter any time is packer time.Bears wont last they need to keep warm for winter,dont'see them beating a lot of teams eagles pats for starters.:chisux:

10. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Bears next games:

Eagles
    @ Lions
    Pats
    @ Vikes
    Jets
    @ GB

Not sure about you but I see AT LEAST 3 or 4 Losses for them the rest of the way

The Vikes game will be big... We'll all have to be rooting for that purple team.... Gross I know

I have Family that are Bears fans and its sick.... after EVERY win they talk like they're going to the SB!

DUDE you guys beat Miami who had NO Off. Line and NO QB!
    woohoo

I would LOVE to see that lose 5 out of their last 6.... and with Cutler that COULD happen

:chisux:

11. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    There HAS to be someway around rooting for that Purple team.. i can't,..I WON'T!!!!

12. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    Pshh just the other day i went to build a bear workshop with my job, I asked the guy if they had packer uniforms for the teddy bears =] since i had saw oakland and SD, anyhow he says "ohh heck noo never we wont ever get those" in my head im thinking ohhh another vikings fan ehh. Then he busts out with "im a bears fan blah blah blah" Then i completely started laughing at the fact he works at build a bear and is a bear fan...something with bears i guess...eh? Anyhow i told em theyre no good and left it at that. So yeah bears fans do exist out here...and im in cali. OH YEAH! same day i was in a sports store and met a dope packers fan...he asked me if i was a packers fan because I was lookin at the packers merchandise so yeah...cool stuff haha.

13. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    HAHA I agree!

14. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I ...just...can't either. It goes against every fiber of my body to cheer for any of those a**holes from Minnesota.

If I have to depend on those people in anyway to help the Packers, I just won't. Write that down and send it to my Momma...
    :viksux:

15. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I know right?!?! It would seem like the ulitmate slap in the face to have to say... go,... go.... GO TO HELL VIKINGS I WON'T SAY IT!!!
    *and I totally forgot that sign too!!:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

• Like Like x 2
  16. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I dislike the Bears fiercely, as they are our age-old divisional rivals. But, I respect them and their illustrious history. Walter Payton is one of my all time favorite heroes. Also, a large percentage of their fan base is solid (i.e. not short timers) and have stuck with this team through thick or thin. If ANY team feels they can trump the GB Packers on history, significance, and fan loyalty... it is the Chicago Bears.

Imo, I love having this team in our division. Hate losing to them, but its the Bears and Packers that define what the NFL should be (to me). Kudos to both organizations.

Don't get me wrong-- I fully expect that Rodgers and Co. will kick Cutler and da Bears silly and send them packing for the off-season in December.

But any suggested crap that their fan base is not loyal is... well, crap.

Just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  17. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Wow...you know what? That just hit me like a ton of bricks! There is not one Bears fan that I know that ever jumped ship! Not saying there hasn't been any, for sure,...I'm just saying,..the ones that I know. (not too many! :pardon:)
    Still,.. I don't have this fierce dislike for the Bears and their fans, as I do the Vikings and theirs. I guess the big factor of loyalty is in that equasion. Even if all the Packer team mates presently jumped ship and were to become vikings in the near future,... I would still say...NEVA!!!

*Thanks for bringing it back to Da'Bears! hehehee

oooo forgot to ask.. Do Bear fans ever come and post here?? Just wondering

18. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    mmm dont we all love bandwagon fans?
    u do realize if the pack makes/wins the superbowl we will also have a lo of people jumping on our bandwagon