Bates Hotel "Football Spa" - Ya gotta luv it!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Defensive coordinator Jim Bates, far right

Bates confident in scheme, players
By Todd Korth , [email protected]
Date: May 3, 2005

If there was ever a time for a run on Rolaids and Tums in Green Bay, it probably came a day after the NFL Draft. Many fans

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
nice article

bates being 'bated' by the pats scared me until i read the pats wouldn't give him total control which he was offered by green bay then i knew well not KNEW but had that feeling he'd be coming to gb

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its good to get that impression that we might get the most out of our defensive players this season, considering the last two we've been getting the inverse of that.

I have my thoughts on the defense, I think the safety position is looking up, (I never thought corner was a problem, lets give Caroll some time to develop), I like our linebacking depth now that Naivies is on as our #4, also some good LB udfa's...I like our interior line depth, Williams, Lee, Washington to challenge Cleditus Hunt...Defensive End, we'll see, I'm confident that Bates knows what he's doing, something I wasn't with the last few DC's we've had

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
it's so weird to have a def coor that i don't despise.

Iwas thinking the same thing however more on the lines of having a DC that i dont worry about, i have confidence in bates.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
sixone220 said:
it's so weird to have a def coor that i don't despise.

Iwas thinking the same thing however more on the lines of having a DC that i dont worry about, i have confidence in bates.

The season hasn't started yet friends We all may be changing out tune in a few months. Or we could be singing a Bates hymn as well... we shall see.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm looking too far ahead but...

If the Packers defense experiences a good turnaround, and the Packers have another dissapointing postseason...

Jim Bates is the head coach of the Packers to start the 2006 season, fact or fiction

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The playoffs games really come down to Brett. I think he is too keyed up and trying too hard. Like all other games, if Brett does well the game goes well. If Brett makes mistakes they are difficult to overcome.

It was true in a close superbowl in 97 and is true today. The exception was the Atlanta game in 02 where the defense did not show.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Bates is right.

Slowik talked a good game last year also, until the defense started getting punished every game.

I will say though, I have more confidence in Bates. If Bates is right and GB's D can finish in the top third of the league it should be a fun year in GB.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say this -- I don't think any of the Players are gonna buck up against Bates, like they did with Slowik, either!

There's a new Sherrif in town, fellas!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I'll say this -- I don't think any of the Players are gonna buck up against Bates, like they did with Slowik, either!

There's a new Sherrif in town, fellas!

I think that's huge too. People in all walks of life don't work as hard for bosses they don't respect. I got the impression that most of the defense lost respect for Slowik.

I think Bates scheme will help, but I think his credibilty and the respect he'll command will help even more.

It's amazing how pumped I am about the season just because of this guy. I hope he comes through.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I think that's huge too. People in all walks of life don't work as hard for bosses they don't respect. I got the impression that most of the defense lost respect for Slowik.

I think Bates scheme will help, but I think his credibilty and the respect he'll command will help even more.

thats key, i think the secondary was quite against slowik's "blitz every down" scheme and it just spread throughout the defense and they played spiritless defense

Members online

Latest posts