1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Barnett possibly lost for season !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dogpackerz, Oct 6, 2010.

1. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
  2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    You mean add this new thread to the pile? okay.. Check news..

3. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    anyone else thinking we are starting to look more and more like the 2005 season?

4. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Yep... sounds about right...

Alright dammit! That's it! No more! I'm done with the injuries! Go screw with someone else's team! For the love of god!

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    The Journal Sentinel reported that Barnett will receive his second opinion Friday, then decide whether or not to have surgery.

6. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    OMG! :scared:
    ---------------
    | Panic Button |
    ---------------

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    do we still have a shot now? honest opinions

8. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Let's hope the second opinion says differently. This really sucks...

Absolutely. Even though the injuries are piling up, there will be some good players coming back too. Only concern is the run defense because they have been terrible but losing Barnett is something short of a disaster by week 4. If Bishop can somehow step up and Hawk descend from heaven as a savior I would have to say there could be trouble but we shouldn't panic yet. Who knows who will step up.

The only way we have a shot if this is true though is if the offense can somehow find sync. At this point, I say throw Nance in the second he knows the offense and see what happens. We have to hope Rodgers can settle in a little bit and start torturing defenses. There is a chance though the only chance of winning some games would be blowing them away offensively or winning a bunch of shootouts. Either way this sucks but justifies the need for a new MLB and some more LB's in the draft. Zombo could emerge as a star IMHO though and that would help as relief on the outside.

9. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Good news though: Barnett said it was fine when he taped it. He also said that if tape works he will play until the season ends. The dude is a warrior. If he wants to tape it up, tape it up and see what he can do. Reminds me of Ronnie Lott's attitude a bit. Let's hope for the best.

10. #1NCPackerFan

#1NCPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If this is true then Bishop needs to put his play where is mouth is. This preseason he was bitching about not getting a chance to play on D. Shut up or put up Dez....time to step up!

11. Cheesehead625

Cheesehead625 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    Officially starting to worry now.... im trying to hang in there, but this is really not good at all! I think its time to grab someone.:scared:

12. PackerManLV

PackerManLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    They announced him gone for the season on espn, now I'm not sure I think it's more than barnett saying tape it up let me out there. I hi k the medical staff have alot of say so in the matter also. I don't kno the severity of his injury but if it's going to Henderson him fighting off blocks and missing tackles I would rather him have the surgery and get healthy instead of him hurting the team.

13. BBalzWI

BBalzWI Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Thought this guy was 'leaving' this forum? I would've been better without him. Nothing but a scrub who likes to panic and make negative comments. AKA perhaps someone who is not a true Packer Backer. Wish you'd leave.:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

14. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Call me crazy, but I don't think we're gonna miss him that much. He's been pretty invisible all year, and Hawk has shown signs of being able to play Barnett's spot, then Bishop would play Hawks spot.. like I said in another thread, time for Bishop to walk his talk.

15. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    when was he even hurt i missed it alltogether..

16. don_frosto

don_frosto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Please make it stop!!! :shout::banghead:

17. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I love some of the truly trashy and classless posts by Vikings fans on there too. Many of them are celebrating losing our defensive captain for the season like it's Christmas morning. And they have the gall to wonder why no one in the ******* league has any respect for them. I generally don't root (seriously) for injuries to anyone, but their comments make me hope they really get hit, and hard, with the injury bug. And soon too. Show those trashy low life losers how it feels.

18. cantstop12to85

cantstop12to85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think we need to pick up a RB before we make any moves for a MILB...Bishop can carry the load at the linebacker position and dont get me wrong I love B JAck but he's not cuttin it in the run game, every one knows we have a primarily passing offense and there gonna start keying into it in fact they already have. I mean we threw 2 int's against the lions so they obviously knew it was coming. Therefore we need our old fashioned run game with a fairly quick yet powerful back like DL was for us in the 90s.

These injuries suck man it seems like half of our reliable players that we knew could get the job done pre-season are just dropping like flies and we're only through 1 damn quarter of the season. I dont understand it what did we do to deserve this torture?!? We are the pack and I know we'll find a way to put a W on the scoreboard at the end of the day.

19. bdc4jc127

bdc4jc127 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ted Thompson

Can someone please tell me why the hell thompson doesnt make a move in free agency or trade to get a RB or linebacker? Marshawn Lynch was available and he really could have helped with our complete lack of running game! There has to be a somewhat experienced inside linebacker available out there too! WTF. Sometimes I wish I could scream at this guy.

20. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977

Go look at roster then find out how many were free agents Ted signed, I got at least 5 I know off with out thinking

Trouble is, they are not free agents you wanted

2 are on the o-l one on d-l one in secondary and one lb

21. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Good news Packer fans, if we survive this BOTH Auburn inside linebackers are seniors I believe...I personally would draft Bynes over Stevens. Our problem now is we have to play the rest of the year with Bishop as part of the regular rotation, and we've got to play AP twice...the guy who torched Bishop last time they played each other.

22. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Man, this sucks, big time. I'm worried, really worried

23. NYC Cheesehead

NYC Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im very concerned about the run defense, this only makes it worse. We are going to have to score a lot of points offensively.

Luckily Portis is injured for this week...although you never like to win a game because an opponent is injured, but a win is a win.....assuming we do win.

24. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    dude your about a day late on the subject, get over it..

really?? i thought losing barnett was worse than grant... but i agree, this is def the time for bishop to put up.. he wanted his chance so he sure as hell is getting it now.. lets see what you can do big guy!!

25. Purplepeopleeater

Purplepeopleeater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    Tough loss. He's a great player. I'm not sure about the comments here about Vikings fans being jubilant because of injuries. I would rather have the Packers at full strength so the game is interesting. The other comments about how some hope the Vikings experience the injury bug seem a bit uninformed. We have lost Sidney Rice to injury, and Harvin perpetually is dealing with migraine headaches.