Barclay being resigned

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine, guys. I respect all of your opinions, and I see and understand your reasoning behind them. But for me, I'm not budging on this. I've got no use for the recycled turd factory.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine, guys. I respect all of your opinions, and I see and understand your reasoning behind them. But for me, I'm not budging on this. I've got no use for the recycled turd factory.

I get you as well DNA...honestly I don't think he sees the 53...and at that point we all can be happy :D (means he is gone and we found better)

D

Deleted member 6794

You know, sometimes TT - and this site- sounds like an accountants or bankers site; all about saving a few grand here and there' or getting good deals on turds. There's "nothing to lose "by bringing so and so back. There's nothing to gain, either. If a guys been a turd for 3 or more years, he's not gonna suddenly get better.
It's the 'tenure' factor in Green Bay; if you make the roster one season, you've all but guaranteed yourself 3 years of paychecks no matter how little you contribute or how bad you stink up the joint. Jones, Taylor, Palmer, on and on, and now Barclay again. How about getting better? Step one is clear out the dead weight.

I would be mad about the deal if releasing him would result in significant dead money as well. There´s no reason to not let him to compete for a roster spot though. There´s no doubt I want the Packers to upgrade the depth at backup tackle over last season but as long as the Packers don´t have to cut a better player than Barclay to make room for him on the roster nothing has been lost.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're welcome to your opinion on Barclay's play but can I (respectfully) ask you to not use the term "turd" on him? Usually turd is used to refer to a guy who is constantly in trouble with the law, a locker room cancer, a me-first immature prima donna or otherwise difficult to deal with player... Barclay is none of those things, just a below-average (in your opinion) backup offensive lineman. Thanks.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're welcome to your opinion on Barclay's play but can I (respectfully) ask you to not use the term "turd" on him? Usually turd is used to refer to a guy who is constantly in trouble with the law, a locker room cancer, a me-first immature prima donna or otherwise difficult to deal with player... Barclay is none of those things, just a below-average (in your opinion) backup offensive lineman. Thanks.

Agreed, PkrJones. Just using a term I see scouts use lot. But I agree with you, I can, and will try, to do better.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would understand questioning this move if it was September 29th and Barclay was being signed off the street after his horrid 2015 season. But its April. Barclay has 4 months and potentially exhibition games to prove that last years performance was an anomaly and he has fully recovered from his injury. I really doubt when TT and Co. sat down to discuss resigning him they imagined resigning the guy who played last year. They are hoping they resigned the guy who actually did a decent job for the Packers prior to 2015 and risking very little in the process by doing so. Could turn out to be a brilliant move if it works and nothing but a nice try if it doesn't.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I want is a promise from DNA that if Barclay wins a starting spot, starts every game and gives up ZERO sacks that he will get a tattoo on his heart that reads "Barclay is my BAE!"

:D Come on DNA, I'm guessing it is a safe bet!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All I want is a promise from DNA that if Barclay wins a starting spot, starts every game and gives up ZERO sacks that he will get a tattoo on his heart that reads "Barclay is my BAE!"

And to make things fair....if Barclay doesn't see training camp is Tyn stepping up and getting a :poop: tattoo with Barclay's number under it? :roflmao:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Probably the safest bet I could make, tyni. There's probably a better chance of me being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the safest bet I could make, tyni. There's probably a better chance of me being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Wait...it was the no sacks part that made it impossible right? bahahahaha :D

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

DNA has been preparing for this challenge since the First grade!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Milorganite

LOL, Sky King. I actually just went and looked that up. Nicely done, sir! :laugh::tup:

Seriosly, Pkrjones made a good point; I was fixing a personal slang to Barclay when it's not personal at all, just an indictment of his playing ability.

Members online

Latest posts