Round 1: The Good and the Bad

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Obviously "grading" picks just as they happen is dumb. But we all still have picks/moves that we love and ones we don't.

So the Packers aside, what did you like and what did you not like?

Good Moves:

-Anthony Richardson @ #4. Hiring a coach involved with Jalen Hurts' development and then taking Richardson is good process.

-Christian Gonzalez @ #17. I view Gonzalez as one of the few blue chips in this class; BB will get the most out of him.

-Jaxon Smith-Njigba @ #20. He's a great 3rd option to complement what they already have.

-Dalton Kincaid @ #25. I think he was the 1st or 2nd best pure pass catcher in this class.

-Myles Murphy @ #28. Murphy is one of the safest players in this draft; to get an edge with such a high floor at #28 is great.

Bad Moves:

-Will Anderson @ #2. Anderson is a good prospect, but he isn't an elite one. They gave up wayyyyy too much for him.

-Devin Witherspoon @ #5. I can't get behind spending a top 5 selection on a 180# corner whose game is predicated on physicality.

-Peter Skoronski @ #11. Don't spend top 20 picks on guards.

-Jahmyr Gibbs @ #12. You used the 12th overall pick on whatever the small upgrade will be from Swift to Gibbs.

-Jordan Addison @ #23. The Packers new 272# DE had the same 10 split and a faster 3C then this 173# WR.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-Jordan Addison @ #23. The Packers new 272# DE had the same 10 split and a faster 3C then this 173# WR.

That is a hilarious fact that folks that didn’t study them would swear cannot be true.

The Lions trade was excellent but I feel they lost the first just in the positional value picks they had….just made no sense to me.

I despised Skoronski in general in first but that high is just crazy IMO.

Count me shocked that Murphy lasted that long…and I’d have sworn Porter Jr would go off in first

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That is a hilarious fact that folks that didn’t study them would swear cannot be true.

The Lions trade was excellent but I feel they lost the first just in the positional value picks they had….just made no sense to me.

I despised Skoronski in general in first but that high is just crazy IMO.

Count me shocked that Murphy lasted that long…and I’d have sworn Porter Jr would go off in first

The Lions are building a good roster with a mediocre QB, which is a recipe for winning somewhere between 8-11 games, topping out at the divisional round, and perpetually picking between 15 and 25.

If they had made a move to get Richardson, I would have been pretty concerned about them as division competitors. But I think they just fumbled their best chance to get better where it really counts.

Members online

Latest posts