Assumptions

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:thumbsup: I would think that TT, MM and the FO have generated a top ten list of draftable players that in their opinion have the abilities to be good NFL players. If any one of them manages to fall to the Pack at 16; they will have a pow-wow on the reasons and if they believe that player still qualifies they will take that player at 16 regardless of what anyone thinks. Best player on their list of ten.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of like what they did when they drafted Rodgers? Not necessarily a needed position, but someone they just couldn't pass up?

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:thumbsup: I would think so! TT and MM seem to be on the same page when it comes to drafting and I would think they have that list pretty well set by now. One caveat. Should there be no one on their list available when they make the first round pick they might well trade down for a lower first and more later round picks or multiple seconds. A lot depends on who would like to move up in the draft. See the Colts as a possibility as they need to replenish losses.

Reaction score
TT and MM seem to be on the same page when it comes to drafting and I would think they have that list pretty well set by now.

I agree with your general premise that they have a chart of players who they think would be there at 16, but I don't think the list is well set at all.

You still have workouts for certain players left (notably Ted Ginn Jr), and you still have players who you can bring in for scheduled visits.

For example, if Ginn Jr runs a low 4.2, it is hard to say that his stock won't shoot up. So if the Packers think they have a shot at him right now, it might end up being different.

Also, I vividly remember TT saying after he drafted Rodgers that they became aware of Rodgers possibly falling to them in the week before the draft when the final mocks were coming out from different sources. That would suggest that until the Friday before the draft, TT will hav a general idea but no set list complied.

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Certainly the list is still up for revisions and the next two weeks are probably going to be hectic with more input but, I would think they have a pretty good handle on the top ten on the list and only some unusual data will make any major changes. Would love to have a peek at that list.

Reaction score
You think the list has 10 players?

I was thinking something around maybe 5 or so... I mean the top 10 is pretty much set in terms of players that will go in the top 10, so I think they may choose to eventually have a narrower list of 5 or so players, maybe a couple of more just to be on the safe side...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
You think the list has 10 players?

I was thinking something around maybe 5 or so... I mean the top 10 is pretty much set in terms of players that will go in the top 10, so I think they may choose to eventually have a narrower list of 5 or so players, maybe a couple of more just to be on the safe side...
Great point.
They are probably pretty certain of who will be gone by the time they are to pick. And IF one of those guys would still be there at #16 it would be easy for them to grab them. They probably have a list of 10 that they are 90% certain will be gone by our pick, and then who they think are the next tier of players.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts