1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Any other cheeseheads going to the game?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackisBack, Jan 4, 2011.

1. PackisBack

PackisBack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    As soon as I knew we were coming back to Philly I bought my tickets. Anyone else going to the Wildcard game so I'm not the only lone Packer fan in Philly?

2. eaglesfanvisitor

eaglesfanvisitor Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    as an eagles fan the first thing you need to do is make friends with the person sitting next to you. Also it's fine to cheer just to stand up dancing unless there is a comeback like we had at the meadowlands. That way you should be okay and also you're going to get a lot of trash talk. Handle it with a smile and you won't get the worst of philly fans and you should be okay. Just show respect to our house and you'll be fine.

3. azmedic

azmedic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    im working on trying to get tickets now, playing the ebay and stubhub game... not having much success :(

4. azmedic

azmedic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Has anyone been to Lincoln Financial Field before?? If so, how is the view from the uppers?

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Only 1 gimmee game the whole season. Great. And SD isn't your typical non playoff team.

I would like to go to the KC and SD game. Mostly so I can get sh*t faced and pretend I'm Ron burgundy.

6. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I hardly think you'll be the lone fan,..albeit I'm sure since its in Philly, Pack fans will be a minority!

There will be plenty of fellow fans to get aquainted with! I love that about football games,..talking to other Packer fans, and as well as opposing teams fans.

We were sitting so close to each other at Lambeau, and the Steeler fan sitting next to me felt that I was getting a call before I did! That became a running joke thru out the game..:happy0005:

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    you'll be fine! There are plenty of Packer fans in the area and fans are good about representing at the away games. Just hold your own and be respectful, remember you are in their house. Our Eagle fan up there gave some very wise advice.

I won't be going to the game sadly.

Try some cheese steaks and eat it with Whiz to impress the locals.

8. PackisBack

PackisBack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I know all about the Philly crowd, and trust me I plan on showing nothing but humility and respect so I can walk out of the stadium alive :D

My friend is coming decked out in Steelers gear, we're going to stick out like sore thumbs, haha.

Azmedic, the view in the Linc is good from pretty much anywhere. If you're in the nosebleeds, though, make sure you have your contacts or glasses on haha.

9. eaglesfanvisitor

eaglesfanvisitor Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    great you get a spectacular view from everywhere.

10. azmedic

azmedic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I dont know what the locals think, but when I was there last summer for a Phillies game, we went to Jim's...it was pretty tasty.

11. azmedic

azmedic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    count me in for the game. Section 138 I believe. I love having frequent flier miles...$60 bucks roundtrip from Phoenix!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stac

Stac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just do me a favor, no matter what happens, please don't lump us all together. I always get nervous about fan incidents before games like these.

13. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Kitten.

Why aren't you going?

14. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Now that's a good deal!

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I expect everyone to take some great pictures at the game and post them on here :)

16. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Yea! Who were the poster(s) last time that were going to the Bears game for their first times at Lambeau? I still haven't seen any pictures....

17. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,429
    I take care of my 89 year old Aunt all day and I work from home. I'll be watching from home though! The city of Philadelphia had better be nice to my Packers!!! Only the finest cheese streaks, Philly soft pretzels, and Tasty Cakes for them!!!

I'm just happy they play the Eagles twice in the same year and the Packers have an excellent chance of beating the EAgles!!!

18. Stac

Stac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you from Philadelphia or something? I didn't think anyone outside of here, knew what a Tasty Cake was.

19. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    yeah kitten lives in philly

20. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,429
    My Family is from south Philly but we relocated to south jersey because Philly got rough even for us. I still consider Philly to be my home. Tasty Kakes are da bomb!!!! Glad to meet some other Philly folk around here!!!!! Just put Wisconsin cheese on your Philly cheese steak and all will be well!!!! ;) Be safe in Philly!!!!

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I think Corey from Cheeseheadtv.com is going