Another Reason Rodgers is Better Than Favre. No one has brought this up yet

L

Lunchboxer

Rodgers led the packers to the Super Bowl in less time than Old #4.

Favre started in 1992 we did not get to the Super Bowl till 96-97 season.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Favre got the ring his first time in the Bowl, though. We'll see if that happens for Aaron. Hope to hell it does.

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doesn't matter to me. this just feeds the Favre-machine. It would be amazing if we could go the next 2 weeks without talking about Favre. Later on down the road, if we want to compare A-Rod's career with Favre's that's fine... but it's getting a little old of these constant things comparing Rodgers so far to where favre is. and it feeds some in the media and whatever who think we're still stuck on him.

I want A-Rod to win this SB for A-Rod. not to prove in any way that he's "better" than favre. Two different quarterbacks in two "different" times.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only people who will or should be comparing Rodgers to Favre and vice versa is the media. It has no business being discussed amongst Packer fans. I, for one, remember how awesome it was to brag that the QB of my team was Brett Favre. He is a legend and should stay that way. His career is over, let him be remembered as what he was. Do the old-timers who watched Starr compare and say, Favre was twice the QB that Starr was? No. They are OUR LEGENDS! Let them live the rest of their lives knowing Packers fans will be forever grateful. NOW LETS MOVE ON AND WATCH AARON RODGERS WIN SUPER BOWL XLV!!! GO PACK GO!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers led the packers to the Super Bowl in less time than Old #4.

Favre started in 1992 we did not get to the Super Bowl till 96-97 season.

Doesn't mean he's better, just means that Rodgers has a better team faster. QB is not the sole reason we are going to a Super Bowl. Our defense has played a HUGE role in it. Same as when Favre went. Defense and Special Teams were phenomenal when Favre went.

I HATE threads like this because they ALWAYS, without fail, turn into a **** throwing thread. Rodgers is what he is, Favre was what he was. Rodgers is our QB now, I could care less about where Favre is or what he's doing at this moment.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Favre, last NFC Championship game as a Packer.

35 att 19 comp 236 yards 2 tds 2 ints 70.7 rating.

Rodgers first NFC Championship game as a Packer

30 att 17 comp 244 yards 0 tds 2 ints 55.3 rating.

Just saying. Where's the difference?

You all need to move on from Favre.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed with the stop comparing Rodgers to Favre thread, though I did it myself earlier, so I am just as guilty.

Besides, there is a "Rodgers vs. Favre" thread. We should kill this thread and move the OP to that one.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a winning Packers QB is a winning Packers QB.

that being said Favre is better than the entire league of NFL QBs five times over until someone breaks his records haha....sadly , Lynn ****ey will never be a part of the discussion haha

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
its hard to compare the two properly. they played on different packers teams against different opponents. it would be one thing if you were comparing them like the eagles can compare kevin kolb and michael vick

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care about Favre at the moment. We should just be thankful we've had Favre and Rodgers are our starting QB's consecutively. I will say this though, the NFC was a lot more powerful in Favre's early years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
its hard to compare the two properly. they played on different packers teams against different opponents. it would be one thing if you were comparing them like the eagles can compare kevin kolb and michael vick

Well said...

I for one am tired of this Brett talk to be honest...Yeah its fun but he doesnt matter for this game coming up

I see on some sites the hatred for Ted STILL to this day from some and its just stupid.

Almost 4 years now

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said...

I for one am tired of this Brett talk to be honest...Yeah its fun but he doesnt matter for this game coming up

I see on some sites the hatred for Ted STILL to this day from some and its just stupid.

Almost 4 years now
Anyone who is not happy with the Brett divorce is insane. Favre would still be with the Packers if we didn't finally cut him loose. Safe to say I'd doubt we'd be getting ready for the Super Bowl in that case.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, last NFC Championship game as a Packer.

35 att 19 comp 236 yards 2 tds 2 ints 70.7 rating.

Rodgers first NFC Championship game as a Packer

30 att 17 comp 244 yards 0 tds 2 ints 55.3 rating.

Just saying. Where's the difference?

You all need to move on from Favre.

hmm which way should I go with this? maybe I should point out passer rating is an overrated stat that doesnt tell the whole picture, such as the rushing TD and the int that was more Driver than Rodgers.

or should I go RODGERS highest rated passer of all time :)

Ill let you pick.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree about the int being counted in the ratings..

But at what point to you make a cut off? Yeah Drivers was his fault,

but in GENERAL for ALL q/b, some have been tipped that were so far out of reach that it was the q/b fault for throwing the pass..

So how does someone determine what is the q/b fault or not

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about the int being counted in the ratings..

But at what point to you make a cut off? Yeah Drivers was his fault,

but in GENERAL for ALL q/b, some have been tipped that were so far out of reach that it was the q/b fault for throwing the pass..

So how does someone determine what is the q/b fault or not

I was more or less saying that it can be misleading sometimes. Just like if you bomb it at the end of the half and it gets picked its not as bad as throwing a red zone INT like Warner in the SB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another difference is that one is a drug addict who was probably stoned while playing.
(How else can you explain all the game losing INTs?)

The other is not.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand you hate the guy, I dont like him, but *****ing about how many years took him to reach the SB with the Packers? That, I dont understand

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The MVP's for Favre and the lack of them by Rodgers is a moot point. Aaron will have his years (i am guessing two when his career is over), but Favre didn't have Manning and Brady to compete against for MVP's. Granted, all the QB's of Favre's day might have won more MVP's if it wasnt for Favre's ridiculous numbers. Like i have previously stated in this post, they are our QB's and we will always be able to claim them as ours. Green Bay is a QB team now... Chicago? Nope. Minnesota? Nope. Detroit? Nope. We have THREE QB's who are considered elite in their day... Minnesota has to borrow our "leftovers" to be legit! :)

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers wins the Super Bowl this year he'll have also done something else Favre never did....

Win a game in Dallas.

Members online

Latest posts