Another big free agent signing in the NFC that isn't from us

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wanted the thread title to be...Another big free agent signing in the NFC that isn't of the Packers doing even though we have the most money...but it was too long

ESPN.com-NFL- Vikings sign Hutchinson to gigantic offer sheet

...The offer sheet is for seven years, at $49 million, and includes $16 million in guarantees. Once the offer sheet is executed, Seattle will have seven days to match all its principle terms, or allow Hutchinson to move to the Vikings. If the Seahawks do not match it, they will receive no draft-pick compensation.

:shock:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Another big free agent signing in the NFC that isn't fro

Seattle will undoubtly match that. Would Hutch even fit well into a zone blocking scheme? I'm not sure if he's athletic enough which is why GB not going for him doesn't bother me.

Edge signed with the Cardinals which doesn't bother me one bit since we've resigned Green and have Gado.

The one that bothers me is Will Witherspoon signed a 6 year deal with the Rams. He would of been a nice pickup for the Packers. Oh well... There's still plenty of guys out there. Kampman resigning was huge and Pickett would be nice as well.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
i wanted the thread title to be...Another big free agent signing in the NFC that isn't of the Packers doing even though we have the most money...but it was too long

ESPN.com-NFL- Vikings sign Hutchinson to gigantic offer sheet

...The offer sheet is for seven years, at $49 million, and includes $16 million in guarantees. Once the offer sheet is executed, Seattle will have seven days to match all its principle terms, or allow Hutchinson to move to the Vikings. If the Seahawks do not match it, they will receive no draft-pick compensation.

:shock:
Wow!
The Vikings are spending like a bunch of drunken Romans!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats a horrible deal. im GLAD we didnt do that. Hutch is very very damn good, but...wow.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tkpckfan said:
im glad the there blowing all there money away on just a couple of guys

I agree, and you know whats sad...most people here wish we would act like the vikings are acting. Sad state of affairs on this forum.

OP
OP
H

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit I'm a little premature in starting to bash everything in plain sight, but this team is very close to falling apart at the seams...

QB--Brett Favre can't make up his ******** mind, Drew Brees will probably sign elsewhere before we even get a shot, leaving Kitna, McCown

RB--Ahman Green back at not a great cost (I said an incentive-laden deal would work, and thats what he got) **point, Thompson
-Najeh Davenport most likely won't be back, I would like to see Tony Fisher back for close to the minimum

WR--Our best reciever (pending rehab) would rather retire than play for us. Antonio Chatman was cut. Rod Gardner not being talked to, from what I heard. Terrence Murphy coming off a neck injury. Robert Ferguson, well.
The Reciever market is poor in free agency and the draft, so is the outlook for this position

OL--Clifton and Tauscher are the bookends, with three big question marks in between. Mike Flanagan talking elsewhere. Whitticker, Klemm, Our O-line was a glaring weakness last year and I think that we'd better be acting FAST to get it fixed.
**After reading the cash that Hutchinson got, no I'm not that upset that we weren't in on it

DL--Aaron Kampman is back **point, Thompson
Colin Cole, and it sounds as if we're closing in on Ryan Pickett, which would be a solid pickup...Grady Jackson, well

LB--Nick Barnett and ?
Diggs gone, the other outside linebacking position not too swift either, I was pissed to see Will Witherspoon get signed

CB--I still think we could use depth here. A lot of it

S--Marquand Manuel is an upgrade over Marc Roman, I'll give ted that

hey whose gonna kick for us

I'm just worried that by the time Ted starts making moves, it will be hard to fill all of the holes that I think we have

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JavonWalker084 said:
I'll admit I'm a little premature in starting to bash everything in plain sight, but this team is very close to falling apart at the seams...

QB--Brett Favre can't make up his ******** mind, Drew Brees will probably sign elsewhere before we even get a shot, leaving Kitna, McCown

RB--Ahman Green back at not a great cost (I said an incentive-laden deal would work, and thats what he got) **point, Thompson
-Najeh Davenport most likely won't be back, I would like to see Tony Fisher back for close to the minimum

WR--Our best reciever (pending rehab) would rather retire than play for us. Antonio Chatman was cut. Rod Gardner not being talked to, from what I heard. Terrence Murphy coming off a neck injury. Robert Ferguson, well.
The Reciever market is poor in free agency and the draft, so is the outlook for this position

OL--Clifton and Tauscher are the bookends, with three big question marks in between. Mike Flanagan talking elsewhere. Whitticker, Klemm, Our O-line was a glaring weakness last year and I think that we'd better be acting FAST to get it fixed.
**After reading the cash that Hutchinson got, no I'm not that upset that we weren't in on it

DL--Aaron Kampman is back **point, Thompson
Colin Cole, and it sounds as if we're closing in on Ryan Pickett, which would be a solid pickup...Grady Jackson, well

LB--Nick Barnett and ?
Diggs gone, the other outside linebacking position not too swift either, I was pissed to see Will Witherspoon get signed

CB--I still think we could use depth here. A lot of it

S--Marquand Manuel is an upgrade over Marc Roman, I'll give ted that

hey whose gonna kick for us

I'm just worried that by the time Ted starts making moves, it will be hard to fill all of the holes that I think we have

well right now things look kinda bad, cuz we've cut a lot and havent gotten as much back yet...so naturally its gonna look bad. You gotta wait till FA is over and the draft...and if the team still looks bad, get a nice supply of smirnoff vodka(I like strawberry myself) and get ready for the season.

But in year 1, TT has given me NO reason to doubt him. Last year with no money, he made some moves and tried to get us back (the arturo freeman thing was a good attempt..but no money caught up to us), he had a good draft, and when things got tough got us Gado and Gardner...and then he cut sherm...to which most rejoiced....i mean...could TT screw up huge? SURE. But has he give you a reason to think he will, since he actually has money this year, AND a nice draft position? NO.

But we'll have to wait and see...

ps - i agree so much with you about the QB situation. If favre would just let us know hes retiring, we MIGHT get a quality guy in here...but since hes taking forever, if he DOES retire...we got nothing but a-rod..and im scared to put my eggs in his basket.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That is why I do not understand when some say that Favre does not owe the team a decision until he is good and ready. (Training Camp?)
The Packers desperately need to move on with their future and I don't see it happening. I happen to love what the Packers are doing (or not doing) by the way. They are not going to be a very good team for a while.
That is just my opinion but I am not the only one who sees this the same way.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Philtration said:
That is why I do not understand when some say that Favre does not owe the team a decision until he is good and ready. (Training Camp?)
The Packers desperately need to move on with their future and I don't see it happening. I happen to love what the Packers are doing (or not doing) by the way. They are not going to be a very good team for a while.

Keep trying to convince yourself Phil...in today's age, only the completely inept stay down for years and years - hey, MUCH LIKE THE BEARS MINUS JUST A FEW SEASONS SINCE '85!!!

Anyway, I would wait through the entire free agency and draft before making assumptions - a lot of cap space and intriguing draft order may bring the Packers back quicker than most would like including you.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey phil your just a bears fan thats why you see it taht way. youll see we will be back soon. I believe in TT he knows how to draft and will make some good acquistions in free agency.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:

Keep trying to convince yourself Phil...in today's age, only the completely inept stay down for years and years - hey, MUCH LIKE THE BEARS MINUS JUST A FEW SEASONS SINCE '85!!!

Anyway, I would wait through the entire free agency and draft before making assumptions - a lot of cap space and intriguing draft order may bring the Packers back quicker than most would like including you.

Who is the one trying to convince themself here?

Members online

Latest posts