Andrew Brandt

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Believes it’s a one year deal but structured a way that easy to move on this year

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandt is outstanding. Check out his site and newsletter. For those who don't know he ran the Packers cap for 10 years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked him. Has good insight usually and seems to be a straight shooter. Any link to a transcript or anything?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Drew & KB - Andrew Brandt (Former Packers Executive) - Drew & KB | iHeart
Andrew Brandt (Former Packers Executive) joined the show to discuss the state of the Packers, the Rodgers contract and transition, and more!
www.iheart.com

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He thought they would separate this year with a trade

He hasn’t looked at contract in a while but recalls it isn’t 3 year deal or a 2 year deal it is basically a year deal for 42 mill ( which a ton of experts said at the time )

Dead money goes up rather than down the longer he plays which he said is odd

D

Deleted member 6794

The only way Rodgers' deal ends up being a one-year contract is if he retires after this season. Otherwise his option bonus and base salary for a total of close to $60 million for the 2023 season are fully guaranteed.

The Packers can move on from Rodgers by trading him after this season with a total of $40.3 million of dead money counting against their cap in either 2023 or the next two seasons. But they would need to find another team willing to give up massive draft compensation on top of them paying him $60 million next year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that all but assures Rodgers goes out on his own terms as a Packer, as has been his desire pretty much since he took over QB1.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believes it’s a one year deal but structured a way that easy to move on this year

What is a one year deal? Was this thread broken out from another one that was already in progress? There is no context.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I hear Andrew Brandt talk, it sounds like he's constipated.

That's all I got...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to think BOTH sides knew and it is working like they thought it would. It forced BOTH sides to seriously consider their commitment to one another each year. Placing the payment where they did forced both sides to address the issue again. Rodgers and Team BOTH had to commit and restructure that deal to continue this year or it put enough of it out the team could be done after 1 year and have some hurt, like they should when you get rid of a player of that stature and contract it's just going to, but also kept a lot of it off their books if they moved on from him.

Even I could see it was a 1 year deal that was going to have to be looked at by both sides to continue going into this year and decided it was best to part ways. I think everyone involved knew a parting of the ways was a very real possibility when they re-upped the contract.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
think think thinks, if if ifs, but but buts, thought thought thought, IMO IMO IMO, believes believes believes, ..if frogs had wings

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas.”

Members online

Latest posts