Amari Cooper

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Invest a Second or third rounder in WR and look for a reasonable vet that fits/upgrades

Invest the 1st round pick in the best big body available unless there’s a REALLY compelling skill position player that’s dropped

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Turner and Jenkins have been a great combo at guard and would both be lousy solutions at tackle.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's worth the investment.

Lock down the OL and DL and resign guys like Clark, Bulaga with that money

Also we will probably need to sign a replacement at ILB bc Blake will want way too much for what's he's worth bc of his high tackle numbers

Get a smaller, quick guy who can play slot and move the chains to compliment everyone else, someone like Sanders

Draft a guy in the 2nd/3rd to play WR too..

What to do with Graham? My bet is Olson gets released, but he may be finished anyways so we will have to see how Sternberger develops

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although you didn't ask me, I would say that if Jenkins can play RT as well as he plays LG, than it would be a financial reason that you move him to RT. Solid RT's are more expensive and harder to find than solid LG's.

All that said, I love what Jenkins has brought to the left side of the line with Bahk and wouldn't want to see him moved, unless as I said...he rocked at RT.

Let's phrase it differently. What makes one think Jenkins would make a good enough Tackle to move him from Guard where hes thriving?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m heading rumblings out of Dallas That they may not resign him this offseason..and that he was at odds with the coaching staff for benching him on the last drive in Philly for “poor performance”. This guy has Packer written all over him. Best route runner in football and we’ve all seen him take over a game (ask Jaire). Him and Adams will be a fantastic tandem. How much is he going to want tho? Rodgers takes a pay cut and we get rid of Graham, and they can probably get him for 2/3 yrs 12 mil per year.
We wish. But I would think Gute will at least play this differently than TT. Cooper may linger to find out who would replace Garrett. At any rate Rodgers would love it. Amari made several impossible catches against the Vikings this season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's phrase it differently. What makes one think Jenkins would make a good enough Tackle to move him from Guard where hes thriving?
Right and I never said that he would make a solid RT. I only said "if Jenkins can play RT as well as he plays LG, than it would be a financial reason that you move him to RT." That is something that I would think that the coaches would know better than any of us.

I wouldn't put it past Jenkins to be able to be a solid RT, look how well he plays at LG and he can also play center. Thus far into his young career, he has to be one of the biggest draft surprises in awhile.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sure, at the moment. However they are either going to have to pay Bulaga or replace him after the season. That's a lot more important than the wide receiver need.

Merry Christmas, Cap.

I won't agree that the offensive line is a bigger need than receiver entering this offseason. That doesn't mean that Gutekunst can stand pat at the position though.

Merry Christmas to you as well, Dantés.

he's an instant upgrade over anything currently here.

True, he would count a lot more money towards the cap as well though.

What to do with Graham?

There's absolutely no doubt Graham will be released with the Packers saving $8 million of cap space by doing it.

I wouldn't put it past Jenkins to be able to be a solid RT, look how well he plays at LG and he can also play center. Thus far into his young career, he has to be one of the biggest draft surprises in awhile.

Jenkins hasn't played at right tackle since his freshman season in 2015. I would definitely prefer having him stay at left guard and have a different starter at RT entering next season.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Invest a Second or third rounder in WR and look for a reasonable vet that fits/upgrades

Invest the 1st round pick in the best big body available unless there’s a REALLY compelling skill position player that’s dropped

Yes.

OT or DT at pick 32 if there is a good fit and value there. WR and ILB in 2nd and 3rd, again depending on fit and value. Mid-round QB to develop???

Reaction score
Amari is a long shot.
I do believe GB can deal for 1 more veteran receiver that’s a #2 capable, plus go after one early-mid draft. In my limited research on the draft topic, this year seems to show a very good crop of several of the positions we may address. WR, DT, OT
That nearly aligns perfectly with our needs.

I’d double down at WR though by making an additional selection with one of our first 3 draft picks if at all reasonable, Unless we just go make a singular statement FA signing and get someone like an AJ Greene or Cooper type out of the gate. That’s not such a crazy strategy and it allows us to wait until day 3 for another WR, rather turning our focus to TE, ILB, OT/ DT etc..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Isn't this incoming draft class deep at WR?
I’m seeing it’s likely one of the better WR talent pools we’ll see in a number of years. It’s both top heavy (many analysts have up to 6WR making day 1)and additionally runs deep throughout the rounds.

That’s good news for GB, as they could likely get a starter quality wideout in the day 2 draft pool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Unless we just go make a singular statement FA signing and get someone like an AJ Greene or Cooper type out of the gate. That’s not such a crazy strategy and it allows us to wait until day 3 for another WR, rather turning our focus to TE, ILB, OT/ DT etc..

At this point it seems that Cooper will be by far the best wide receiver available in free agency next offseason though. In my opinion he will ask for too much money for the Packers to make sense to sign him based on his inconsistency.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that he would be great to have, but I would not want the Packer to break the bank for him........

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm going to be keeping my eye on AJ Green. Despite the fact that he turns 32 in July, if the Bengals don't resign him, I think he could be a great signing, at the right price of course.

I think that his year off from playing is going to make him hungry, fresh and ready to give everything he has to prove that he is still a great WR.

I also think that the year off, as well as his age, might keep his market value down a bit.

So my question for those who would even consider pursuing AJ, how much per year is he worth? Sportrac thinks 2 years and $18M ($9M/year). That would be a bargain IMO, so I think he will be somewhere around $12-14M/year.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to be keeping my eye on AJ Green. Despite the fact that he turns 32 in July, if the Bengals don't resign him, I think he could be a great signing, at the right price of course.

I think that his year off from playing is going to make him hungry, fresh and ready to give everything he has to prove that he is still a great WR.

I also think that the year off, as well as his age, might keep his market value down a bit.

So my question for those who would even consider pursuing AJ, how much per year is he worth? Sportrac thinks 2 years and $18M ($9M/year). That would be a bargain IMO, so I think he will be somewhere around $12-14M/year.

I can see the Bengals wanting weapons for their young QB. Especially if they draft A QB at #1. Therefore I wouldn’t be shocked if they franchise Greene.

H

HardRightEdge

Turner and Jenkins have been a great combo at guard and would both be lousy solutions at tackle.
I don't think Turner has played well in pass pro. I agree he would not be a solution at OT. Jenkins is another matter.