Amari Cooper

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m heading rumblings out of Dallas That they may not resign him this offseason..and that he was at odds with the coaching staff for benching him on the last drive in Philly for “poor performance”. This guy has Packer written all over him. Best route runner in football and we’ve all seen him take over a game (ask Jaire). Him and Adams will be a fantastic tandem. How much is he going to want tho? Rodgers takes a pay cut and we get rid of Graham, and they can probably get him for 2/3 yrs 12 mil per year.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Historically he drops too many balls, no thanks

You want a guy who has sure hands..

We don't necessarily need another deep threat as we have MVS. just a quick guy who can catch

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Historically he drops too many balls, no thanks

You want a guy who has sure hands..

We don't necessarily need another deep threat as we have MVS. just a quick guy who can catch
Lol don’t ever compare Amari Cooper to MVS. Very wr has dropped passes, but you’re crazy if you don’t see Amari Cooper being a major upgrade over any wr we have outside of Adams. Better look at some tape.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Julio Jones or Emmanuel Sanders

I just don't have a good feeling about Amari. Doesn't come off as a winner

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers takes a pay cut and we get rid of Graham, and they can probably get him for 2/3 yrs 12 mil per year.

I think you have the "Get rid of Graham" part right. The other 2 things aren't happening. Rodgers won't take a pay cut. He is no longer the top paid QB in the NFL and probably soon to be out of the top 5. How many players agree to paycuts, just to free up money to sign other guys? Finally, no way Cooper plays for $12M/year. His final number will be closer to $20M/year.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too inconsistent for the pay he'd demand.

Also too early as Jason may get fired and Mike McCarthy might not want to sell. :cool:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
12M? That's not even going to come close.

16M/season is your bottom dollar, and I would not be the least bit shocked if he is in the neighborhood of 20M.

I would not want the Packers to invest that much of their cap in two wide receivers. Nor is it necessary.

Make sure you invest to keep the OL up to par and draft a receiver with a complimentary skill set. Find a tight end who fits the system. Those would be my primary off-season objectives on that side.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12M? That's not even going to come close.

16M/season is your bottom dollar, and I would not be the least bit shocked if he is in the neighborhood of 20M.

I would not want the Packers to invest that much of their cap in two wide receivers. Nor is it necessary.

Make sure you invest to keep the OL up to par and draft a receiver with a complimentary skill set. Find a tight end who fits the system. Those would be my primary off-season objectives on that side.

Yeah hes just going to command too much. AJ Green, Cobb, R Anderson, D Thomas, Amendola or D Robinson are all better options to explore imo

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m heading rumblings out of Dallas That they may not resign him this offseason..and that he was at odds with the coaching staff for benching him on the last drive in Philly for “poor performance”. This guy has Packer written all over him. Best route runner in football and we’ve all seen him take over a game (ask Jaire). Him and Adams will be a fantastic tandem. How much is he going to want tho? Rodgers takes a pay cut and we get rid of Graham, and they can probably get him for 2/3 yrs 12 mil per year.
Same rumblings that told You Josh would be the packers coach?

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying this for a while, but we should trade our #1 for Keenan Allen. Chargers are about to go into rebuild mode and most likely will be losing Melvin Gordon this off season as well. Allen is going into his last year and is going to be 28 years old. Adams, Allen, Lazard, EQS, and Kumerow as our top 5 WR's would be a very strong WR crew.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If the Packers want the offense to get better and stay strong, they need to invest in the OL above the WR corps.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying this for a while, but we should trade our #1 for Keenan Allen. Allen is going into his last year and is going to be 28 years old. Adams, Allen, Lazard, EQS, and Kumerow as our top 5 WR's would be a very strong WR crew.

Not sure I'd be a big fan of trading for a player with 1 year left on the contract and not drafting anyone in a fairly deep draft class and then be in the same boat as we are now going into 2021 and Adams is in his last year. EQS is an unknown going into next season and Kumerow is, well, Kumerow. If you could mash him up with MVS, you'd probably have a top 20 receiver. Probably will be Adams, 1st/FA, Lazard, EQS/MVS, draft pick.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen would be monstrous. Cooper would definitely be an upgrade. AB's only chance would be a Rison type acquisition. MVS/EQS/GMO shouldnt be on the roster next year. Bulaga is playing great ball right now so the T position is precarious. I could see the center and guard position both being explored. Jenkins will be the next RT and LG will be open. This league has TE talent in it. I would not waste a pick on a rookie TE.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cooper would present an upgrade over the receivers currently behind Adams on the depth chart but he's too inconsistent to justify paying him the money he will be asking for.

I'd prefer Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Julio Jones or Emmanuel Sanders

There's no way the Packers should even consider talking to Brown. Green doesn't seem to be able to get healthy.

Julio Jones would be awesome, too bad the Packers would have to give up way too much for it to make any sense.

I've been saying this for a while, but we should trade our #1 for Keenan Allen. Chargers are about to go into rebuild mode and most likely will be losing Melvin Gordon this off season as well. Allen is going into his last year and is going to be 28 years old.

Allen would be a great addition. I'm not sure the Chargers are interested in trading him as they have to sell some seats in LA though.

If the Packers want the offense to get better and stay strong, they need to invest in the OL above the WR corps.

The wide receiver position is in more dire need of an upgrade than the offensive line. That could change if the Packers decide to let Bulaga walk away in free agency though.

MVS/EQS/GMO shouldnt be on the roster next year. Jenkins will be the next RT and LG will be open.

Both MVS and EQS will definitely be given the chance to compete for a roster spot next season. I highly doubt Jenkins will ve moved to tackle as he hasn't played the position in college either.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not actually going to give any of this off-season stuff much thought until the season is over. But Allen has been an awfully good W/O for San Diego (but injury Hx?) and though getting long in the tooth; Sanders has always looked very, very good to me. But I'm not sure I'm going to go along with all of these "we needs" if we win the super bowl.

Last edited:

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, getting a complimentary wideout to Davante has been a glaring hole all year. Lazard has been great but I'm not a Homer and about to call an undrafted guy an All Pro just yet, although I've backed and defended him pretty much all year (since the Eagles game)

Followed by:
Tight end
Inside linebacker
OL depth
DL depth

isocleas2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wide receiver draft class is so strong this year I'd rather just use a pick or 2 there and save some $$ to sign guys at other positions.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The wide receiver position is in more dire need of an upgrade than the offensive line. That could change if the Packers decide to let Bulaga walk away in free agency though.

Sure, at the moment. However they are either going to have to pay Bulaga or replace him after the season. That's a lot more important than the wide receiver need.

Merry Christmas, Cap.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen would be monstrous. Cooper would definitely be an upgrade. AB's only chance would be a Rison type acquisition. MVS/EQS/GMO shouldnt be on the roster next year. Bulaga is playing great ball right now so the T position is precarious. I could see the center and guard position both being explored. Jenkins will be the next RT and LG will be open. This league has TE talent in it. I would not waste a pick on a rookie TE.

Why move Jenkins to RT when he is thriving at LG?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why move Jenkins to RT when he is thriving at LG?

Although you didn't ask me, I would say that if Jenkins can play RT as well as he plays LG, than it would be a financial reason that you move him to RT. Solid RT's are more expensive and harder to find than solid LG's.

All that said, I love what Jenkins has brought to the left side of the line with Bahk and wouldn't want to see him moved, unless as I said...he rocked at RT.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts