Amari Cooper

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don’t know Cooper has a ton of talent but play is up and down Devante is one of the most consistent WR in the NFL, Cooper would definitely be and up grade from Graham, hell any receiver would, I would like to know what do we give up for, I know I’m to get hit with stats so let’s have it..

Cooper will be a free agent, unless Dallas can resign him. So we wouldn't give up anything in the way of draft picks, but we would probably end up giving away a boatload of cash/cap. Some are predicting that with the way contracts are escalating and the fact that the WR FA market is slim, he may get payed close to top WR money. No thanks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Green was medically cleared to practice on 6/8 after his off season toe surgery. That had nothing to do with the ankle injury he suffered on 7/28 while practicing on a field which was being called "subpar conditions". He had surgery on the ankle to repair ligament damage and it was hoped that he could return at some point in the season.

Again, you and I can speculate and discuss his injury all that we want, but neither of us know all the details for sure. I agreed with you that I would not sign him if his injury status was questionable. I don't think either of us would support signing a player for that kind of money, if their injury status is remotely questionable.

I get the feeling that even if Green's ankle was declared 100%, he is someone that you would not want to see the Packers sign and I respect your opinion, I just happen to disagree. Does he have a higher risk for injury than a 25 year old? Most definitely, but he has the skills of a top 10 WR in the NFL and if his ankle is 100% healed and his contract reflected his higher injury risk, I would take it.

While it's true that I have no idea about Green's injury details I know that he hasn't been able to get on the field for 23 of the last 24 games.

The Packers did extremely well signing young free agents that were mostly healthy over the course of their careers with their former teams last offseason.

There's no reason to change that approach by signing Green.

I don’t know Cooper has a ton of talent but play is up and down Devante is one of the most consistent WR in the NFL, Cooper would definitely be and up grade from Graham, hell any receiver would, I would like to know what do we give up for, I know I’m to get hit with stats so let’s have it..

Well, Graham is a tight end to begin with.

Members online

Latest posts